HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:46 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
So, why so little buzz about this plane?

And what happened to the other Hitec H2Go, P2Go, etc that I saw at the WRAM show last year. I have been waiting for the Hitec verson of the Easy Glider Pro. What happened?

And I seem to think Hitec showed two other warbird type planes too. No sign of them after a year.

Oh, and yes, I think your prices are too high. You are priced right on top of the Radian but for a smaller plane. This would compete with the SuperCub which is $50 cheaper and has a huge following.

The Stratos is half your price and is getting rave reviews.

No one knows the SkyScout and is wondering where the Easy Star went. At least get your distributors to create a link so when they search on Easy Star the SkyScout comes up.

Lastly, when I search for RTF on Towerhobbies I get a LOT of planes, but not the SkyScout. By creating your own term, R2Go, you have taken yourself out of the RTF market. No one is going to find your plane if they are looking for an RTF package.

I hope it is selling well, but I don't see anyone talking about it.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:53 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Sooo...if Hitec is now re-marketing MPX planes under the Hitec banner ,...when can we expect a Hitec version of the Sonic Liner?...
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:17 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,448 Posts
Any more feedback on the Sky Scout?

Thanks,

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,448 Posts
Wow, nothing? I wonder if people are giving this plane the cold shoulder since so many people already own the EZ*?

Frank
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
With the great popularity of the EZ Star and the relative quiet around this plane I think that people believe that the EZ Star is gone and are going to HobbyKing and other sources for similar planes and don't know the Sky Scout.

there is at least one other plane called the sky scout:
http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAe...r-p-20490.html
SkyScout maiden flight and light crashlanding.MOV (0 min 38 sec)
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old May 08, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2012
38 Posts
I just got in a Sky Scout Kit and one of the wing tips has a crack in it and is slightly smushed in. Any tips on fixing it and getting the natural upward curve back in it?
Captain50 is offline Find More Posts by Captain50
Old May 09, 2013, 09:18 AM
SARG5
10 Miles north of Russell, Ks. on US281 hy
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
Just have to put my 2 1/2 cents in.
Hitec , sounds like there MAY be folks in marketing that have never flew an RC, Never
built an RC, but THINK they know how to market a product.
My fall back fun RC's are #1, EZ #1, then the Bixler. The EZ, I added alirn.s upgraded the power. used Carbon Ribbon in the wings and fuz. Did the same with the Bixler. A few ran out of NEW IDEAS flying issues, witht the ground. Still hanging together and doing fine.
Sounds like Hitec is getting an EAR FULL.
SARG5
SARG5 is offline Find More Posts by SARG5
Old May 27, 2013, 11:55 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,448 Posts
Anyone know the motor differences between the EZ star and the Sky Scout? Tower doens't give the specs.

Also, what connector is used on the Scout's ESC?

Thanks,

Frank
Old Jun 05, 2013, 07:39 PM
United States, KS, Pratt
Joined Jan 2009
23 Posts
Sky Scout

Nice looking Airplane, but I find it interesting that HiTec advertises a wing loading of 5.7oz and all others like Tower Hobbies advertises 8.2oz, wich isn't to bad, bit a big difference! I also noticed how Tower Hobbies sells the kit, without motor, esc or servos but does not list a recommended motor.

Hi SARG5, Good to see that Russell has some RC Pilots. We are upto about a dozen here.
mewrongway is offline Find More Posts by mewrongway
Last edited by mewrongway; Jun 05, 2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,448 Posts
I wonder if Hitec's plane comes with better components?

Frank
Old Jun 06, 2013, 08:40 AM View Post
sweetalex
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:32 AM
Fairfield, CT
Joined Jul 2003
6 Posts
I've just bought my wife a sky scout. We have flown full scale for 45+ yrs. but it is time to quit. Wanted to add optional ailerons, but don't understand instructions. Looks like my kit is missing parts-as though there was planned to be automatic servo lead hook-up, but parts not included.( maybe it didn't work?).
Is it better to start just elevator/rudder anyhow? Tip: she was flight instructor for 25 years, so once she gets over perspective problem she should be okay. This is, in case you haven't guessed, a consolation prize.
Dojackson is offline Find More Posts by Dojackson
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:15 PM
SARG5
10 Miles north of Russell, Ks. on US281 hy
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewrongway View Post
Nice looking Airplane, but I find it interesting that HiTec advertises a wing loading of 5.7oz and all others like Tower Hobbies advertises 8.2oz, wich isn't to bad, bit a big difference! I also noticed how Tower Hobbies sells the kit, without motor, esc or servos but does not list a recommended motor.

Hi SARG5, Good to see that Russell has some RC Pilots. We are upto about a dozen here.
I live north of Russell, 10 miles. Have my own flying field in the north pasture. Me , cows, gofers, cave swallows and some buzzards. Only 4/5 fly out here. Russell has lost all of their flying fields, so put one out here on the family farm. I am now build foam and flying elect. Having fun. My new project is a T-6A Texan ll . Scratch building. Just getting started. I am retired KHP, flew the KHP plane for 10 years back 1962 to 71. Also retired Army 28 years. Have RV, traveling a lot with our military friends in S.M.A.R.T. RV Veterans Club.
Have a great day
SARG5
SARG5 is offline Find More Posts by SARG5
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:36 PM
Stantheman
LaGrange, Ky.
Joined May 2004
431 Posts
Who is flying the Hitec Sky Scout? I am seriously thinking about getting one.
Stantheman is offline Find More Posts by Stantheman
Old Sep 03, 2013, 07:07 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Hitec Sky Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman View Post
Who is flying the Hitec Sky Scout? I am seriously thinking about getting one.
I got one from Horizon Hobby a few weeks ago. I installed the optional ailerons but had to get (2) 12 inch lightweight servo extensions, and a Y-harness to hook the servos for the ailerons. The servos I got for the ailerons did not have long enough cables to make it to the fuselage so I cut out a small indention into the wing to imbed the connections into the wing. Works great. I have flown it with the 1300mA 3 cell Li-Po battery and will fly for 14 mins. By the way I am a beginner and this is my first plane. I flew it in 10mph winds with no major problems. I did crash it once into a small dirt mound and split the nose but a little glue and tape fixed it. I would place some tape under the bottom also to keep the foam protected from landings. I love this plane.
gblandis is offline Find More Posts by gblandis