HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, WA, Shelton
Joined Feb 2012
695 Posts
Joe, that thing is COOL!! I just stumbled across the thread, cant believe I missed it before. Great maiden vid. I havent got a chance to maiden my A10 yet, EVERY day that has been decent weather I have been on shift or had something else in the way, dont figure! Will look forward to a paint job Greg
Lt599 is offline Find More Posts by Lt599
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
hey Greg!
glad ya like it, yeah weather in our neck-o-the-woods stinks this time of year, luckily I work swing so I get to take some advantage of the weather breaks when they happen. if you like this build you'll love these too

Joe

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1725467

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757700
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
695 Posts
Joe, I checked em out....Very Nice I am trying to decide on my next project as we speak. I just cannot make up my mind
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
CONGRATS!!!...I had a smile on my face a mile wide when you finally nailed down the CG and got it to fly...Again, WAY TO GO!!!...

What paint scheme have you chosen???

Kevin
A smile on my face, 10 miles wide---Well, almost, as in the 1:24 mark in this video from the 80's.........Cherry Pie---YUM...

Warrant - Cherry Pie (3 min 20 sec)

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
2 more flights

managed to squeeze in 2 flights today with the little F-86, end of flight #1 you see it cartwheel into the sticker bushes no damage, the end of flight #2 you see a really awesome glide path that had me smiling ear to ear....till it hit the bush...again no damage
attempted to fly the Phantom yet again.....however the fan blew up on the ground during the pre-flight check....thing is ginxed or something...flew it 2 times yesterday no prob..oh well I will get it fixed and try again

Joe

BOX FUSE f 86 NEXT FLIGHTS (0 min 0 sec)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
I finished inking up the plans and parts templates, buzzed on over to Kinkos to scan em....their big scanner is temporarily "gunny sack"...
so wont be able to post them till tomorrow sometime, I will be building one more to try out the stock "Art Tech" 30mm units I picked up from Nanner Hobby, I like these units, and they are comparable in price to the stock Sky Angels 35mm units, shouldnt need to "dish" out the fuselage sides to fit the fan and they seem have quite a bit of oomph, this one I will do a way cleaner job with getting all the wires and such neatly tucked in...if you looked down the throat of the prototype version you would probably cringe at how "rat nestty" it is in there
I recently put a hole under the wing and added a plywood blade to make launching easier...the result was better launches and the equivalent of a "cheater hole"...
the wires and such must not have impeded the air flow much because it doesnt "seem" as though it flies any faster...but does give a good finger push for launching
my daughter videoed several flights I did Sunday with a good camera...so this is a nice higher res video of the little F-86, I was flying on 3s 360mah batts, usually use 3s 460mah batts...so the flights were around the 2 1/2-3min range as opposed to 4 1/2-5min's with the bigger batts...the bigger nanotechs seem to give it quite a bit more poop and speed too
so anyhow here ya go..hope to get the plans up tomorrow

Joe

M2U01779 (0 min 0 sec)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,999 Posts
Great video Joe. Tell your daughter she did an awsome job. Not easy to always video aircraft models doing fast circuits in smaller areas. Does fly nice.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
695 Posts
Joe, that little sucker really moves out! She did great on the video, too cool Greg
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
thanks Fred and Greg,
it is nice to finally be able to post a good video that you can actually "see" the plane and not a pixelated smudge, my daughter thanks you for the compliments
definitely a fun little jet to fly, hope somebody out there builds it and tries it out, one of the easiest ones to build, even easier than the "X" build

Joe
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
dang man, that thing flies better than my skyangel f-86. and i think it flies pretty good ! nice job man !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
thanks Kc,

well everybody as promised I had the plans scanned up finally just before work and couldnt post em till now, so here ya go!
come on now somebody out there has to have a trashed SkyAngels Mig or F-86 that still has usable guts, build this thing, its a blast to fly

Joe
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:40 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Thanks for sharing Joe!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,293 Posts
You make these so simple. It's amazing!!!

Ksqm
ksqm is online now Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:31 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,504 Posts
yep, nice plans!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:39 PM