Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by FWAL, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
Flying without a licence
United Kingdom, Wales, The Mumbles
Joined Dec 2010
530 Posts
Discussion
Bad Landing

The flying wasn't that good as the wind was practically 45 degrees to the slope. So when the lift finally dissipated there was only one direction the Phase 6 was going. Normally landing out isn't to much of a problem but today with the flat light there were no shadows, this made judging the models height off the ground from above more difficult and lets just say I made a bit of a miscalculation. In this instance I made sure I wasn't going to stall so I was very conscious to keep the nose down, which in turn keeps up the speed and lift coefficient. However, the speed/lift stops very suddenly when you pile the nose in !!!!
FWAL is offline Find More Posts by FWAL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Turf
to remove ads between posts