HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Leadchucker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:09 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,502 Posts
Discussion
Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune.....

......Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
You are the one who can make us all laugh
But doing that you break out in tears
Please don't be sad if it was a straight mind you had
We wouldn't have known you all these years.

Cold weather is here already, it feels like winter even though we're only halfway into autumn. Gloom would be bound to happen soon if not for it being the building season. Sure, there are days when I can get out. Cold itself don't bother me, but wind and rain and s**w does put the brakes on getting into the big blue.

I've got the Siren rebuilt...well, actually it's a whole new one as the first one got pretty buggered up in the motor jettison occurance. While building the second one and installing the dihedral braces,the wing fell over and snapped the brace on the starboard wing clean off. It looked much like the end of a broken Kit Kat bar with the laminated plywood layers jaggedly staring back at me.
Attempted to mod the wing and insert CF tube joiners was thwarted when the drill bit went off on an excursion and the hole wound up being someplace other than where I wanted it. The rest of the kit was fine and went together nicely. So...I ordered a new wing kit and when I opened the box to my horror I saw a covering job that apparently was done by a 3 year old. Plus the wing roots and top sheeting didn't match by a long shot. Off came the covering, new ply and CF sheet diherdal braces were cobbled up, wing alignment brought up to speed with some sanding,all was joined up with 30 minute epoxy, then finished sanded. After the fact, I'm glad I had to do all that as it made for a much better looking and stronger wing. She now patiently awaits some flying weather to suck the juice out of a couple 4 cell lipos.

New girl on the block is Sundance III F5D pylon racer. I spent a little more than I wanted to have a hotrod to replace the doomed GP Rifle experiment. Too many bad launches and even worse landing made me give up on the Rifle finally. When she flew, she was like a semi-fast bullet on rails. Not a bad handling aircraft at speed, but an absolute bugger at slow speed. The Sundancer is a very well made product of Czech model makers with beautiful fit and finish. I am familiar with models from the Czech Republic as well as the Ukraine as I have a couple others in the hangar. I come to expect nothing but top shelf stuff from them both and they always deliver the same. The Neu 1105/3.5Y motor I'm using is from the Rifle which I know won't make the Sundancer the fastest sled in the neighbourhood, but I'll start there and see what happens. Three Dymond D-60 servos will do the duties on the flight surfaces and guidance system will be a Hitec A-9 TX and Minima 6 RX. She came with no manual or instructions but there is a 57 page long thread here on RCG that has more information than the CIA. Updates as things progress
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Leadchucker; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:13 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
634 Posts
Dave Mason

Along with Johnne Sambataro are playing at the Bull Run Restaurant in Shirley MA Nov. 21. Don't know if they'll play "Mr. Fantasy" but along with Steve Winwood still some Traffic left.
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member