SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,867 Posts
I know! This isn't my first rodeo

When I took the pics the prop was loose. I did not run it that way. I was swapping between a 4" and 7" prop to feel the thrust on each.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,867 Posts
Flutter you say?!!! hahahaa!

Well I went for the maiden just now on my lunch break. It flew GREAT - at half throttle.. I was nicely surprised. A gentle toss and it just floated away. My first wing so I wasn't sure what to expect. I got it up and I was just trimming it out and flying it around at half throttle. It was really stable and maneuverable! I liked it. Did a couple circuits and had it trimmed straight as an arrow..

So time for what I built it for - time to open it up. I went downfield and turned around, slowly climbing to full throttle. I hit full throttle and it wasn't quite doing 100mph, but it was close.. I'd guess 80-85 or so -- For about three seconds --

Then it got a real quick flutter and exploded in mid air. It was awesome.

Took me 20 minutes to find the battery pack, and 40 mins to find the motor which were about 100ft apart. The motor was in the parking lot about 75ft from the crash site.

Damn!!! hahahaa.... I'm going to epoxy the wing back together, and add a carbon or aluminum tube going the length of the wing and try again. It was too freakin awesome not to try again! hahaa

Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:03 AM
right between the batteries
Farmington UT
Joined Jun 2010
143 Posts
wow! wish you had a video of that one!!!
Justo23 is offline Find More Posts by Justo23
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,867 Posts
You're telling me!! I wish I had video rolling too!!! It was one of the most awesome maidens I ever had. hahahhaahaa