HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Aug 2007
189 Posts
Discussion
Knights Templar, Rosicrucians, Illuminati

Anyone here have an interest in the history of the Knights Templar, Rosicrucians, Illuminati etc?

If there are, then I hope this grabs you.

The Knights Templar wore helemets we now call Knights Templar Heaume XIII.
They look like this:
http://www.outfit4events.com/knights...et-pi-431.html
http://www.outfit4events.com/templar...et-pi-427.html

Legend has it that the Knights Templar became extremely wealthy, they evolved into the Rosicrucians (meaning Rosy Cross), later evolving into the Illuminati and then Free Masons. Eventually they found themselves in Switzerland.

The Bank Of International Settlements is often described as the Central Bank to the Central Banks. They are effectively the back bone of the movement of global financial transactions.

I came upon this the other day. Here are pictures of the old BIS building, which has now been replaced by the 'Tower'. Now I'm not saying anything, just showing ya some pics is all, so don't start jumping up and down.

The Old BIS Building:
Picture #1
Picture #2
Picture #3
Picture #4
Picture #5

The Castle...sorry, the Tower:
Assorted Pics

The BIS: http://www.bis.org/about/buildings.htm

Nestinator is offline Find More Posts by Nestinator
Last edited by Nestinator; Nov 06, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:59 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
My family where all Masons and I always found that history and the Knights Templar facinating.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:57 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Yes very interesting them Templar's and their main controlling bank. Nothing new really.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:57 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
My family where all Masons and I always found that history and the Knights Templar facinating.
Are you a Mason if no, why not? You had the opportunity.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:07 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Basically, I went off in my own direction at a young age. I had lots of opportunities that I missed out on from my family.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:59 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
I've considered it, my father and grandfather both being members, but I consider myself agnostic, and thus not eligible for membership. And to claim otherwise, simply for the opportunity to be a member, is morally unacceptable.
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Aug 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
I've considered it, my father and grandfather both being members, but I consider myself agnostic, and thus not eligible for membership. And to claim otherwise, simply for the opportunity to be a member, is morally unacceptable.
That's a pity, because I think the evolution of this occultic line after the Knights Templar were turn upon was Gnostic, ergo: "A common characteristic of some of these groups was the teaching that the realisation of Gnosis (esoteric or intuitive knowledge) is the way to salvation of the soul from the material world. They saw the material world as created through an intermediary being (demiurge) rather than directly by God. In most of the systems, this demiurge was seen as imperfect, in others even as evil." And if this is true, then the evolution before, during and after Free Masonry would have been semi-Agnostic based.

A key requirement of becoming a FreeMason is NOT religion or religious based beliefs, only that the prospective member believe in a Supreme Being; "Believe in a Supreme Being (the form of which is left to open interpretation by the candidate)."

In fact, the [debated] orgins of FreeMasonry doctrine (in my opinion) are closer to the origins of Jainism doctrine than most other religions....judge for yourself.

FreeMasonry; "A poem known as the "Regius Manuscript" has been dated to approximately 1390 and is the oldest known Masonic text. The poem begins by with a history of the "Craft" of Masonry, describing Euclid as the inventor of geometry and then tracing the spread of the art of geometry through "divers lands", ending up in England. This is followed by fifteen articles for the master concerning both moral behaviour (do not harbour thieves, do not take bribes, attend church regularly, etc.) and the operation of work on a building site (do not make your masons labour at night, teach apprentices properly, do not take on jobs that you cannot do etc.). There are then fifteen points for craftsmen which follow a similar pattern"

In Jainist teachings there are ‘Limited Vows’ (Anuvrata) for the citizen and ‘Great Vows’ (Mahavrata) for the Monks; "Ahimsa, non-violence (by cause of action, to cause no harm to another living being). Satya, the truth (to always speak the truth and in a manner which is harmless). Asteya, non-stealing (not to take what is not willingly given. Give people their money’s worth or value for their efforts and/or material. Do not take things that have been dropped. Never buy things at cheaper prices if that price has come about from improper dealings, such as stolen goods or illegal business practices). Brahmacarya, celibacy for the monk, monogamy for the citizen (to not indulge in sensual pleasures). Aparigraha, non-possession (to detach oneself from material things, people and places)."

And in case you don't notice, the Nazi Swatchka was stolen from Jainism, as well as the Nazi Salute, which actually means something like, "go into the world without fear for your soul is safe". This logical assumption is an extension of the belief that the sould resides within all material objects, not just the body.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:59 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
My parents considered ME an agnostic!!
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:02 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
I have been invited to join, just not gotten over there yet, we have them in a town of 5500. They meet in one on the oldest buiding in this town.

I have a friend and member in another town that I served with that said "Come on in!".

I will go in with him and join then attend to local chapter...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2007
189 Posts
For those who wish to read up on where the Agnostic sentiment originated, it was (I believe) back in 1312AD, when the Templar were effectively stripped of titles, lands and wealth, then some burned at the stake.

You can read the historical overiew here Knights Templar....which is incredibly interesting, and then read the official and unofficial recordings of the severing of the Templar within the Papal Encyclopaedia (Unofficial is in small font)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:38 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Basically, I went off in my own direction at a young age. I had lots of opportunities that I missed out on from my family.
That is good to hear. Not that you missed out on opportunaties but, that you carved your own path. I wish you all the best.

LIke I've said before the only people I know that are or were Masons, happened to be messed up people.

They have their "own" bible too I've read. That is odd.