SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:04 AM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2011
294 Posts
Question
Blade Nano CPX Tail

Hey Guys,

Purchased a Nano CPX about a month ago when I was in the states bought it home to New Zealand and no parts here. I did think to buy some spares in the states but as usual what broke I didn't have. The Carbon tail boom splintered so I bought a MSRX tail boom+motor. I fitted this up and it seemed to fly fine on test flight however it went bad after that. New battery and the heli randomly does 360's, flies fine but gets near uncontrollable.

Anyone know what would cause this?

Cheers,

Matt
1stfoot is offline Find More Posts by 1stfoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:43 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
which way does it 360? I would goto a mcpx tail boom before a msrx, the mcpx is known to be the same exact motor just longer boom, or get some 2mm carbon rod and make your own boom and use the non broken part of the stock tail...
gauiguy87 is offline Find More Posts by gauiguy87
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:31 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
I got a blade Nano from the US also and within the first day I had broken the tail boom. I have repaired it using 4 pieces of a paperclip superglued on the top/bottom and sides and with tape around it.

I have found that A Main Hobbies in the US (where I bought my nano in the first place) has $1 shipping to Australia with UPS if you order more than $30 and they carry spares for the tail - it is about $13 though with the motor.

I am ordering some 2mm carbon rod from ebay which is like $12 for 5 metres and am going to try out this repair:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=4424808
c0de is offline Find More Posts by c0de