HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:17 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
Discussion
An Ughh moment

A basically new Pilot 1 300 Extra taken out on the ground. (local accident) Unk of exact circumstances but the end result wasn't good for either bird. I do know the 40% Extra was built this spring. Something? happened with the fueled MX and the end results just sucked. No fail-safe nor kill switch were involved. That's a +1500 dollar airframe that's damaged. No injuries to flesh or bone.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:10 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,130 Posts
Wow what a Major Bummer! Did the person responsible for this accident take care of the Bill?
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:15 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,492 Posts
Assuming it was the green plane's fault, would the AMA cover this?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:24 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Wow what a Major Bummer! Did the person responsible for this accident take care of the Bill?
It would be the ethical thing to do, and is what I have seen happen countless times in similar scenarios. I would assume the OP stepped up and did the right thing, but who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Assuming it was the green plane's fault, would the AMA cover this?
I really dont know the answer, but if I had to guess then I would say it would not be covered. While the larger plane can be considered someone's property, I do not believe that AMA will cover damages to RC aircraft (despite whose fault it was).
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic