HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
The description in AMYA says "The total weight of the fully rigged T37 hull with batteries and sails is 2-3/4 lbs. The ballast casting is 2-1/8 lbs for a total sailing weight of 5 lbs." So I believe that the minimum for sanctioned racing is 5 lbs.
Hot Tuna is offline Find More Posts by Hot Tuna
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:33 AM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
500 Posts
modelsailboat.com list bulb wt. of 2 lbs and a total wt. of 4 lbs.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
501 Posts
From the AMYA site, T37 rules:
WEIGHT - The minimum allowable total sailing weight for the T37 with batteries on board is 5 pounds.
seabee CE is online now Find More Posts by seabee CE
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:05 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,136 Posts
Thanks.

Still no T37x in hand but looking at what size bulb I will need to build and still keep it at the same displacement for conversion to a US1M.

And yes, I know Will includes a bulb, but I am going to use smaller high torque digital servos and to keep the boat at the same displacement and rather than adding correctors, I want to move the weight to the bulb.

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:36 AM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
500 Posts
Hot Tuna you are just full of ideas on building a T37. Your idea of using stop blocks for placing the deck in place is a lot like how the deck on the T50 is placed. On the T50 a 1/8 x 1/8 inch strip of wood is epoxyed in for the deck to rest on. It runs the length of the hull so there is a good attachment between the hull side and the deck. I use CA to spot glue the strip before epoxying the strip and deck at the same it. Using CA sure was a lot neater and easier than trying to epoxy at the start and holding the side rail in place untill the epoxy set up and I didn't have to worry about dry epoxy.stopping the deck from fitting tight.
I will have to use your idea of the stop blocks when I attach the deck on the T37 it's a lot easier then trying to pull the pins out after the epoxy cures.I will just have to be sure to set the blocks down more then 1/8 inch so that I don't sand thru the verneer when I clean up the side seam. Since the deck is flat and it is easier I planked the deck off the boat. I will put tape along the deck when I attach it the deck to keep any epoxy off the deck planling.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
This is what it is all about. We had a GREAT day last Saturday on Lake Samish, Bellingham, WA. Photos by Will Lesh at Tippecanoe Boats,
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Another nice day at the Pond! Not cold, no rain, but no sunshine and very light and variable breeze.

The first few hours were difficult due to all the noise from the Polar Bear Plunge. Several hundred brave souls jumping into cold Lake Union to raise money for the Special Olympics. I think the PA system was heard at the top of the Space Needle. We had difficulty hearing our start timer, but sailed anyway. Lots of spectators and lots of interest in the T37 Class and our fun group of sailors.

Sailing with no wind takes skill. Ron K. and John L. did well for most of the day. Bates M. and Joel S. arrived late and after missing a few races did quite well. All sailors had their moments of greatness with 10 of the 14 finishing in 3rd place or better at least once.

Bruce M. hasn't sailed with us much, but has his boat is tuned up now and had a first and two second place finishes. Nice sailing Bruce. More practice will bring more consistency.

Even though it was tricky sailing with the light air, we all had a very enjoyable day. We learn something every time we sail and all are getting better each time out.

Our next Frostbite Series event will be Saturday February 23rd. 10 'til 2 at the Pond.
Last edited by Hot Tuna; Feb 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 06:56 AM
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Bowsies

Hot Tuna posting # 10 is helpful, thanks. I also like the other postings you have on this site showing your rigging of the boom vang, out hauls etc.Very neat and tidy !
Capt. Windypants is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Windypants