Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I love it when you call me by my real name, a nod to your other friends no doubt. Well done. They will be proud.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:18 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
yet their Cloudsky AXN floater was a huge disappointment.
That's interesting. That's one of my favorite planes I ever got from them It also exemplifies my take on HobbyKing as a love/hate thing... because while I love that plane, it also represents one of the problems I've had with them. The ESC literally started on fire the first time I powered it. They refused to replace the ESC unless I sent back the entire plane. There's no planet where that makes any sense at all.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I can use quotes here the way I want to..
Give us a break. He was right... your use of the quote was nonsensical. Your defense of "I can do what I want" doesn't make it any better.

Quote:
Even 3DHS is getting complaints lately.
I like oranges!

(see how that doesn't make any sense?)
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
That's interesting. That's one of my favorite planes I ever got from them It also exemplifies my take on HobbyKing as a love/hate thing... because while I love that plane, it also represents one of the problems I've had with them. The ESC literally started on fire the first time I powered it. They refused to replace the ESC unless I sent back the entire plane. There's no planet where that makes any sense at all.

Weak power, two dead servos, and ailerons that barely moved. Who woulda thought? No way was I going to try to get HK involved. Threw in two leftover servos from a crash, and monkey around with the ailerons. It's not a bad plane, guess I got spoiled with the sky surfers and bixler 1, sort of expected the same thing.

Give us a break. He was right... your use of the quote was nonsensical. Your defense of "I can do what I want" doesn't make it any better.

C'mon, seriously, two grammar police? I used the quote and material the way I saw fit. I don't have to defend it, nor are there any rules about how to use quotes...c'mon, I'll give you a break if you give me a break on this.

I like oranges!

My dad's van is eating two quarts of oil a week.

No, I see you like oranges, hurray!
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post

I like oranges!

The ESC literally started on fire the first time I powered it. THATS GREAT! I wish you would have got that on video! says alot about quality
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
The Bixler 2 comes without a speed control, but does have a motor installed. It's the thinnest wire I've ever seen, and long too, 10 inches. Mine held up fine but I only flew a few times with it. Others might have overpowered it, and poof...up in smoke then went.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,415 Posts
Quote:
I love it when you call me by my real name, a nod to your other friends no doubt. Well done. They will be proud.
Whatever, Thomas. I nod to nobody when I call you by name. What friends are you referring to anyways? Your info came up in a google search. I'm just trying to get a grasp on why in this thread, you show up and out of the blue decide to quote my post. I'm flattered that you decide to quote it, but including it in the catagory of Doom and Gloom? The reality is that HK is cheap, allows people to buy cheap, there are language barriers that cause huge problems, and a simple search of this forum's database will show all those problems. Suggesting that I am in the catagory of Doom and Gloom is baseless. I have thousands of posts in this forum about all the positives of the hobby of modeling and RC flight. In fact, very little (probably less than 1%) have anything to do with negativity. The reality is that I am a very positive person and don't like to be included in other circles of negativity.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:29 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
The ESC literally started on fire the first time I powered it. THATS GREAT! I wish you would have got that on video! says alot about quality
I honestly can say it never occured to me to film myself powering on an ESC lol. But it was rather dramatic. Flames were at least 6 to 8 inches high and black smoke everywhere. My basement stunk for days. Fortunately, I had the ESC out of the plane when it happened. Unfortunately, I had it on my basement floor! Fortunately, its concrete. Unfortunately, concrete still stains black. Fortunately, we were looking to cover that floor anyway. Unfortunately, the flooring we picked appears to have come from HobbyKing
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:31 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
I'm just trying to get a grasp on why in this thread, you show up and out of the blue decide to quote my post.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just chalk it up to lack of common sense and move on.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Whatever, Thomas. I nod to nobody when I call you by name. What friends are you referring to anyways? Your info came up in a google search. I'm just trying to get a grasp on why in this thread, you show up and out of the blue decide to quote my post. I'm flattered that you decide to quote it, but including it in the catagory of Doom and Gloom? The reality is that HK is cheap, allows people to buy cheap, there are language barriers that cause huge problems, and a simple search of this forum's database will show all those problems. Suggesting that I am in the catagory of Doom and Gloom is baseless. I have thousands of posts in this forum about all the positives of the hobby of modeling and RC flight. In fact, very little (probably less than 1%) have anything to do with negativity. The reality is that I am a very positive person and don't like to be included in other circles of negativity.
Yes, because you always google search people here to refer to them by their first name right? Of course you do. Kudos to you, you'll get a gold star today. And how does one "show up out of the blue" to a thread? Is post # 5 an example, or any other one that involves HK?
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I just got 5 boxes I have been waiting for from Hobby King there are still 3 more on the way. I shipped my lipo order separately because of the new regulations. All 5 batteries have 3.84 in each cell I guess that's a good sign. I will see how good these new batteries work in my F450.
VID00323 (0 min 30 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
fixed this

Quote:
The low prices are a lure, customer service when something goes wrong is like a root canal without novacaine. Some will tell you they have all these orders with no problems, other will cite horror stories. Use the search feature and see for yourself. There are countless example of crummy service.
I am quoting Joe1320 here, please note same.

I agree with the comments above that we should all use search features to check out all vendors before making purchases.

Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:39 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,415 Posts
Quote:
Yes, because you always google search people here to refer to them by their first name right? Of course you do. Kudos to you, you'll get a gold star today. And how does one "show up out of the blue" to a thread? Is post # 5 an example, or any other one that involves HK?
OK , I'll add the last name too? Tom Rocheleau from the Hartford Connecticut area. I had run across a few articles online, mostly I was looking into giant scale aircraft. So I had seen an article one like this one:

http://articles.courant.com/2011-09-...-plane-spotter

http://www.flywfc.org/Club_Officers.php

I wouldn't think that referring by your name would get you so riled up. I mean, after all.... it's published. Or is that not you being quoted in that article? It's amazing the things you stumble across on the internet.

As far as showing up, you know that's not what I meant. I referred to you quoting me out of the blue for the apparent reason as to erroneously allude that I am a doom and gloom poster, and I already covered that.

Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Feb 13, 2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
The repetitive posts on HK speak for themselves.

It's curious the time spent googling me and finding articles on me and finding my name. It's not uncommon behavior when HK is involved. The same people show up to spread their one off doom and gloom stories. They do adore you over there, they love watching you make anti HK posts and "not be touched" by the admins here. They started a thread wondering when you would be banned, not realizing of course that you are within your rights to give your opinion on them, and do it often, but most importantly you do it with within the rules here.

I've been here a few years and in the span of a month or so, 3 people have decided to splash my name across websites. The three so far.... ETM (admin), Frogchief, and you.

It's curious retaliation for not "quoting" you the way you want. But retaliation it is, and you know that. My info has always been out there, nothing to hide, but lets not play the innocent in saying you just happened to google my screen name and found all that.
Last edited by porcia83; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: looks like the report button is being used.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:03 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank26all View Post
Well,I made my first hobbyking purchase last Thursday,four days later my package arrives,outstanding. It was 357 dollars worth of stuff and 44 to ship but well worth every penny,I purchased seven bluebird servos for a 50cc Pitts python electric build and everything I bought works great,yay I'm excited to have a great hk experience.
Glad you had a good experience! I have only ever had two problems with them and they were taken care of to my satisfaction. All I had to do is follow the steps listed by customer service. They may seem weird (take a picture of the parcel, the damage, the weight if possible etc) but they all serve their purpose.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
I don't understand why some people prefer to quote, misquote, and spin someones comment to suit their needs and provoke the other person rather than just commenting or discussing the topic. Some don't comment on the topic at all. I think they just want to provoke others.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Nov 08, 2012 at 12:39 PM.