HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2001, 08:23 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
Can't get the smile off my face... (aerial video)

Just came in from flying. Testing out the xcam transmitter that I added a Linx amp and microphone to last night. Wanted to try with some Sony Glasstron LCD glasses.
I fly at a local park that is right next to a beach, got out a few minutes before sunset.
Launched, got to a decent altitude, there is always a nice steady stream of air coming in from the ocean up there so I can pretty much just about hover in one place.
Looking through the glasses (first time really using them, didn't get good enough range before) look to the left... wow nice red sunset... in the distance over to the right, the city of Seattle in a redish glow.(Hey, no rain!) Then, took a few passes to get a good view of the beach.
I must have stuck out at the park with all the gear hanging off me and the LCD glasses, oh and the BIG smile on my face. I even gave a few curious onlookers the glasses to check out what I was seeing. Got some "WOW!! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!!" I didn't want to land with the glasses on so I let a local kid take the glasses while I came in for a landing, made a couple close circles to get a view of us and his friends from the plane. I think that really made his day.

Anyway, just wanted to share that. This has been my goal for sometime, and finally getting it all going, was quite rewarding.

Thanks to yb2normals page and the RCCAM webpage for the helpful information, making it possible for even me to do this

Joe
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2001, 09:43 PM
Profiled Interfractionalist
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
4,039 Posts
I see myself heading north in the near future.
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
Old Nov 17, 2001, 10:08 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Very cool!

Maybe the military will be hiring you for some reconnaissance missions in Afghanistan...
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Nov 17, 2001, 10:26 PM
NaTaLiEs aLL mInE
Springfield, Queensland, Australia
Joined Aug 2001
170 Posts
joemi, what plane were you using and what camera set up? i am very interested.
phreak is offline Find More Posts by phreak
Old Nov 17, 2001, 11:06 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
Soarstar (Wingo clone) with a xcam transmitter, the camera is a panasonic PC87XS from http://supercircuits.com/
I've basically copied what yb2normal has done. (His video's .Here .

I will be putting up some more video within the next week.
I took some video this morning, but it was captured using my laptop through the USB port, so doesnt look very good. My current camcorder did not have an analog input, so had to get a different one. (And then the new one was defective... so awaiting "another" one)
If I cut motivated tonight, I'll put up a few clips of this mornings flight.
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi