HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by KYChopper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
Newbie but coming on fast
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Jun 2012
143 Posts
Discussion
130X Maiden Flight

So here goes, my first shot at a blog!

My initial plan for my maiden flight on the 130X was to wait until I had sufficient stick time on the Nano to get better at CP and a nice calm day to fly outside, plus by then my extra batteries should have arrived. I told myself I could even wait until Spring if need be.

Well, the anticipation was killing me and yesterday I had to try her. The plan was just to hover her enough to say I had flown her then return her back to the box, back on plan. Well, let's just say I should have stuck to my original plan! I got her up about 2 feet off the floor when she started coming back at me. Seeing as my back was up against the small refrigerator, my instinct kicked in and I stuck my leg out to prevent her from hitting it. BIG mistake, I now have a nice red welt on my thigh. I then hit TH and she dropped to the floor, snapping the vertical tail fin in half. Now I know why everyone said to add a strip of CF to it.

Hopefully there is no other damage and I am sticking to the original plan.
KYChopper is offline Find More Posts by KYChopper
to remove ads between posts