Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:15 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,028 Posts
Discussion
JR Indoor Event 2012

I started going to the JR Indoor Event, I believe back in 2006 or there about. I was very worried about flying in the dome the first year. I was all over the place, I had fun, but wondered if I would ever learn to fly inside. I drove up from Cincinnati Ohio after the event to fly there on Saturday nights, I learned a lot then and the next year I was very comfortable in the Dome. I picked out places to fly outside that were close to the dome size and forced myself to fly inside those areas. Made a world of difference then.

This year was the Best Ever year for the JR Indoor Festival. We had air races again. The first year was the P-51 Mustang. I knew I couldn't fly one of those, so I didn't race, Next year was the T-28. I had one of those, so I raced, didn't win, but in the raffle for the planes I won one. Last year was the Polecat, I raced, I was terrible. I landed early didn't hurt the plane, but the other pilots destroyed them by the end of the race event. This year we went back to T-28, I raced, the event was fun, I didn't make it out of the first round. My friends said when I turned in my plane asked if I understood the rules of pylon racing. They stated to me I was supposed to fly around the pylons, not try to do 3 D with the T-28 between the pylons. One fellow said I got one lap in, the other pilots got 6 laps in and I had the most air time, although it was between the roof of the dome and almost the floor of the dome, but not around the pylons. My flying was the funniest thing ever, everyone said, who is flying all over, not going around the pylons. It was I.

We had built up scale and built up planes time and this was the year there were more built up planes than ever before. Very great event and I am sure it will be kept.

The whole event is run quite well. No real troubles, lots of vendors, great prices and many pilots I don't know the total number, close to 200 I believe and every kind of airplane was there.

I have posted many photos in the JR Indoor Thread.

Thanks for reading.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Aug 2010
190 Posts
It was nice to put a face to the RC Groups name.
It was a pleasure to meet you Orrin.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Air Hobby RC is offline Find More Posts by Air Hobby RC