HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,845 Posts
Discussion
Durafly airplanes order delay... Anyone else?

I ordered two Durafly models, the Ryan STA-M and the Stuka on October 17. Both were in stock with "3-5 days to dispatch".

I have followed up with CS three times in the last week, and was told it will ship in 48 hours each time. (I waited 72 hours between each inquiry). Paying for EMS shipping seems pointless if they don't actually ship the product for a month (I've asked for compensation for the delay, but only vague, "I'll make a note to my manager type responses" )

Anyone else experiencing unusual delays?
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:35 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,845 Posts
PS:
I am a generally happy HobbyKing customer. Many, many orders, and my only dud was a $7.00 receiver. I generally place the order, and forget about it till my wife complains that "more crap showed up today"

This order includes a birthday gift, and it is looking iffy as to whether it will arrive in time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:20 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,845 Posts
Quick update: Items were dispatched on Nov 9. I sure am looking forward to seeing them!

I will say that HobbyKing CS responded quickly to each inquiry I made, even if their responses were a little useless and frustrating (a total of four "wait 48 hours" responses)

Even though it took 3 weeks to ship items that were in stock (with no compensation), the "what you get/what you pay for" value is still excellent. I suppose this will just be a Christmas gift instead of a birthday present.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,845 Posts
Arrived today. (November 19)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:42 AM
United States, MA, Westborough
Joined Oct 2013
195 Posts
JIT item

My recent Durafly order was delayed because the plane is a JIT item - JIT meaning Just In Time, a manufacturing/supply chain term. Their notes on my order were:

Quote:
JIT-item: These products are stored in our second, larger warehouse and take 3-5 days to be dispatched. The entire order will be dispatched at 1 time.
Once it was received everything proceeded quickly.
jviss is offline Find More Posts by jviss