Joined Jun 2005
4,026 Posts
Niice!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1,145 Posts
Well the transport box for NZ is back on the bench after getting back.

Only problem I have now is that I need to spend the next 6 months cleaning the shed as you can't see the floor between rubbish, foam and odd tools used to get everything ready, repaired and packed for the trip
AUSELECTRIC is online now Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:37 AM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
837 Posts
my hobbyking order came today so the bipe will be off the bench in a couple of days. oh and the replacement is a world models sky raider mach 2. got it for free off of a club member. will go pretty well with an os 46 ax
scrub monkey is online now Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:09 AM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
Spent a coupla days pretending to be a dutch shoe maker, well they might as well be, they are 13" long! they are the tip floats for my Sandringham.

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,026 Posts
Lookin good trumps, and just to recap for those at the back, what's the difference between a Sunderland and Sandringham?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
Cheers mate, there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2, the Sandringham was just the civilian name given to the Sunderland III / IV, infact the plane I will be modelling was flown by Ansett Flyingboat Services with the name of Beachcomber, and started life with the RAF as a Sunderland!

Cheers
Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:28 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,026 Posts
Hehehe, there you go, you learn something new every day.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:23 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
837 Posts
im just finished the bipe and am about to run in the engine. i wonder how good this hk motor will be
scrub monkey is online now Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:39 PM
Where's all the wind gone
Melbourne, Australia.
Joined May 2006
126 Posts
Pulsar Biplane

Hi SM,

Well done picking up a Pulsar. I used to have one about 20years ago and absolutely loved it.
I ran an OS61ABC in it. Unfortunately it got shot down one flight and ended up in a lake.

I still have the outline plan and will make another some day as an electric...

Good Luck with it and enjoy!

Shane.
ShaneW is offline Find More Posts by ShaneW
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
Joined May 2006
436 Posts
My Stuff

Usually have about 3 on the bench at any one time, usually 2 being built and 1 being repaired (goes with the territory). The Kookaburra took 3 years to build and so far the Pawnee has been 3 years to this stage, can't rush these things. Jart had a swim in the ocean and totaled all electrics. After waiting 13 months for the servos to come in stock I have tried a different brand and is now almost ready to fly. The Zero was started about 2 years ago and I really am trying to extract the finger and get it to mould stage. It will get to Manilla Slope Fest one year I promise. Still have a Scorpion flying wing to build ( thanks to Over The Edge for their scorpion as a prize at MSF12) and a LEG 60" P51 is still in the box, it is about 2 years old now.
Always something to do.
Andrew
EeleyEagle is online now Find More Posts by EeleyEagle
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Nov 2004
1,145 Posts
Well an update to what is on the bench,

My wife and kids were in an accident last week (all safe and well) and have just bought a new car. My wife has told me she wants to keep it in the garage. Only problem was you could not see the floor.

So now the large box I took to NZ is back on the bench, but after busing shelves I can now see the shed floor and can safely walk around. I would not yet say it is clean but getting their.
AUSELECTRIC is online now Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:54 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Gosh - glad they are ok Auselec.

It has taken a while, but here is some packing foam which came across from the states in a box with some of Hamburgular's stuff.

Whaddaya think J?
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:35 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,334 Posts
that's some tidy moth building glydr!
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:41 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,026 Posts
Its all but done.

Well guys, after a few trips away and other models getting in the way, the oriental is finished - well almost - needs buff and some decals then it's done.

Anyway, first flight was this morning, wind picked up and nearly sent in on the lines for me, but managed to run fast enough to get it down ok. Next flights will be conducted on less windy days.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:05 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,334 Posts
neato! What era are we talking about with that one? Edit: I just looked a bit closer, is that a control line model?

You might be interested in this, I have a contact on Flickr who is from Norway and he has just finished his curare. He also has a nice collection of shots from various pattern championships in his area over the last few years.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch