SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TomNT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:36 PM
New Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Bieldside
Joined Nov 2012
125 Posts
Help!
Radian PNP

I am a new flyer and am learning on a Firebird Commander 2. I am wanting to move on to the Radian but am thinking that I should go PNP so that I have equipment for the move on from there in time. I like the look of the Spectrum DX 6i radio and receiver as I can use it with the next step up i.e. radian pro or other glider with ailerons and flaps. I also need a charger and power source. Any advice for me?
TomNT is offline Find More Posts by TomNT
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
794 Posts
firebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNT View Post
I am a new flyer and am learning on a Firebird Commander 2. I am wanting to move on to the Radian but am thinking that I should go PNP so that I have equipment for the move on from there in time. I like the look of the Spectrum DX 6i radio and receiver as I can use it with the next step up i.e. radian pro or other glider with ailerons and flaps. I also need a charger and power source. Any advice for me?
Hi, I was given one of these a few years ago in a used condition and today decided to dust it down and look at flying it. The batterys knacked but I've put a lipo in from a heli of the same voltage and similiar weight.Any tips on flying it please, I've only flown helicopters.
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:27 AM
New Flyer
Joined Nov 2012
125 Posts
Are you asking about the firebird?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:40 AM
New Flyer
Joined Nov 2012
125 Posts
Hi drambuidhe. If you are asking about the firebird commander 2, you can get a download for the manual here: http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...2600manual.pdf

My advice is: do what the manual suggests and also use the anti crash function until you feel secure. Get the plane up to a good height before you try to do anything apart from flying straight. Take off and land into the wind!!! I only do hand launches and landing on grass. The radio it comes with has a range of 750 meters which means hat basically if you can still see the plane it's in range. I am still enjoying mine even though its only 2 channel and am flying with a wee camera getting some lovely shots. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread