SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:24 PM
United States, TN, Hixson
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Paul, just ordered all the sensors and GPS I'm going to be hooking up next. WISH ME LUCK!
schott1984 is offline Find More Posts by schott1984
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:46 PM
AnthonyV
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schott1984 View Post
The trainer switch doesn't transmit anything as far as I know. Only channels are Ail, El, Thro (and blade pitch), rudder, gear...

Am I wrong? If I have another channel possibility in plane mode, I wanna know!

EDIT: I guess I'm way wrong. Do you still have both the flap and gear switches when the DX6i is in heli mode? I just realized I have two aux switches and I am STOKED about that. Worth noting that you have to un-comment
Code:
//#define RCAUXPIN12
before the AUX2 pins on the flip work. I was freaking out thinking I had a defective FC!
First off... to the experienced guys I apologize about my lack of knowledge. I'm reading as much as I can to learn everything but as you know the dumbest question is the one that you don't ask.

I decided to do a bit of reading on the dx6i after my original post. The trainer switch is for binding the transmitter to a receiver/model. As you can see, I edited my post after I found that out. We still have the Gear/Flight Mode and Flap/Gyro available when used on the MWC or The Flip. The Gear/Flight Mode currently is set-up from Paul. Position 0 and 1. Position 0 allows the quad not to flip and for the gyro to be on 100% of the time. Position 1 setting turns the gyro off and allows us to perform the flips, this is acrobatic mode on the flip.

With the mentioning of the AcroTrainer mode it pretty much combines the best of both worlds on our Flip/MWC. It allows us to flip our quad and then go back immediately to auto-level using the gyro without having to flip the gear switch between modes.

With writing the code into the MultiWii, is this programmed into the Gear/Flight mode switch? Or can we program it into the Flap/Gyro switch? Also, I left all switches as they came from Paul. Does the Flap/Gyro switch do anything for our quads at the moment? Right now mine is set at 0. I

The AcroTrainer looks great... but it's kind of a cheat to make a beginner look that much better. I'm all for it.. but I would like to know if it's something that I can add on a separate switch while retaining the Gyro/Acro mode set-up originally as by Paul. I just don't feel like rewriting/uploading codes every time I want to switch flying styles while using the DX6i.

The more reading that I do the more I seem to confuse myself. If we can in fact program the AcroTrainer on a switch, is it simply programmed via code or do we also have to change settings in the actual DX6i TX?

This post seems to list the coding but its for the ER9X TX. The other problem is that I cannot open the file...
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...tart=10#p17758
Anthony V is offline Find More Posts by Anthony V
Last edited by Anthony V; Jan 03, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:40 AM
United States, TN, Hixson
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony V View Post
First off... to the experienced guys I apologize about my lack of knowledge. I'm reading as much as I can to learn everything but as you know the dumbest question is the one that you don't ask.

I decided to do a bit of reading on the dx6i after my original post. The trainer switch is for binding the transmitter to a receiver/model. As you can see, I edited my post after I found that out. We still have the Gear/Flight Mode and Flap/Gyro available when used on the MWC or The Flip. The Gear/Flight Mode currently is set-up from Paul. Position 0 and 1. Position 0 allows the quad not to flip and for the gyro to be on 100% of the time. Position 1 setting turns the gyro off and allows us to perform the flips, this is acrobatic mode on the flip.

With the mentioning of the AcroTrainer mode it pretty much combines the best of both worlds on our Flip/MWC. It allows us to flip our quad and then go back immediately to auto-level using the gyro without having to flip the gear switch between modes.

With writing the code into the MultiWii, is this programmed into the Gear/Flight mode switch? Or can we program it into the Flap/Gyro switch? Also, I left all switches as they came from Paul. Does the Flap/Gyro switch do anything for our quads at the moment? Right now mine is set at 0. I

The AcroTrainer looks great... but it's kind of a cheat to make a beginner look that much better. I'm all for it.. but I would like to know if it's something that I can add on a separate switch while retaining the Gyro/Acro mode set-up originally as by Paul. I just don't feel like rewriting/uploading codes every time I want to switch flying styles while using the DX6i.

The more reading that I do the more I seem to confuse myself. If we can in fact program the AcroTrainer on a switch, is it simply programmed via code or do we also have to change settings in the actual DX6i TX?

This post seems to list the coding but its for the ER9X TX. The other problem is that I cannot open the file...
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...tart=10#p17758
The config program (The GUI; Has nothing to do with editing the code manually) has little selector "buttons" within it to set which positions of which switches turn on/off the various modes and sensors.

That said, from what I understand, acroTrainer mode takes the PLACE of level mode given that it needs the accelerometer activated to work. So after you use the GUI to set the ACC mode to Gyro OR Flaps (or both), you will only have full acro with no accelerometer, and acroTrainer, with conditional accelerometer.

Myself and probably other newbies would like to know how to modify the code (manually) to have acroTrainer replace acro instead of level mode. Anyone care to elaborate on that?

I'm still willing to help anyone having trouble getting started by remoting to your PC via teamviewer or whatever other software you prefer. I had a hard time getting everything going af first and I understand.
schott1984 is offline Find More Posts by schott1984
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:44 PM
AnthonyV
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
I spoke with Paul about the AcroTrainer. He mentioned that it is still BETA and that he has seen issues with it. He also mentioned that new firmware will be going out in the near future which will also have the AcroTrainer included. I think I'm going to wait until everything is officially released so I don't mess anything else up.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:26 PM
AnthonyV
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
Took it out today during lunch... i can't get enough of flying this thing. I'm still on 'stock' settings as far as rates go but I have managed to control the flips much better now with practice. This was on 3s... 4s is insane.

The Flip quad by ReadyToFlyQuads com (1 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Anthony V; Jan 04, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:46 PM
Team WarpSquad, y'all!
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Dec 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Good news for the Lemon Flip.

Soma, any test results on this yet? It looks so good I had to order two sets of boards already...
Moto Moto is online now Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:46 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto View Post
Soma, any test results on this yet? It looks so good I had to order two sets of boards already...
Hey Moto,

I've range tested the RX but only indoors and all seemed ok. I've just received my micro USB to test the Flip is working aok.

Lemon Rx have added a "no pins" option on their web page for the feather lite RXs (they are very good at listening to comments). I'm still waiting for my no pins versions before I solder together so I can cut even more weight.

I haven't decided what frame to use these on yet so I'll probably solder together and do a mock up range test so I can report back the results.

I'll definitely let you all know asap

EDIT... I forgot to mention the no pins version will allow the RX to be mounted on top of the flip or below to suit your requirements.
Also my other ship with the orange rx is flying fine so I'm expecting the Lemon Flip to perform at least as well.
Will report back asap. Cheers.
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Soma; Jan 05, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:48 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,915 Posts
Can I add a GPS to the Flip?? I'm currently running it in Aircraft mode on the latest Dev branch and would like to try it out

Thanks!
Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:58 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,153 Posts
You probably could but you'll need a I2C gps Nav module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer View Post
Can I add a GPS to the Flip?? I'm currently running it in Aircraft mode on the latest Dev branch and would like to try it out

Thanks!
Don
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I can CRA$H that!
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Dec 2010
141 Posts
Landing gear for the Flip Quadcopter.

I just got my Flip Quad the other day and I've already managed to break one of the landing gear. I took the rest off. I like to see what others are using for gear instead. Any ideas/pics would appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
thndr1mj is offline Find More Posts by thndr1mj
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:49 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,153 Posts
I ordered three from GoodLuckBuy

TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:25 PM
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
136 Posts
Simple Gimbal

Hey guys!

Awesome stuff, I am learning a lot just reading all of this posts.

I got a flip quad and im having so much fun... I added a gopro 3 today and I got some crazy footage but I want to make it even better so I wanted to ask you, will this little setup work with the Flip Flight controller?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793759

I really want to build one of those for the flip but I dont have the programing knowledge... is it even possible?

thanks a lot in advance guys!

C.
charpu is online now Find More Posts by charpu
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:39 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,518 Posts
I've just received my no pins Lemon RXs (1.5 grams) and I thought I'd post some other options for mounting one to the Flip FC.

Mounting it underneath will be the same as the original post. The RX will mount closer by using bare pins (out of the insulation) and some double sided tape. No pics of this sorry.

There is an option to have it protrude from the Flip for better reception but it would be vulnerable out there. RX power could be wired straight across to a spare motor output.

And one just of the Flip cos she's a beauty

EDIT... Hey does anyone know about the jumper in the above picture, right at the end of the arrow?
If I solder the remaining jumper (right hand one) as well, will that power the RX from USB???
If so I can do a range test and also check out the RX inputs in Multiwii.
Can I leave them both connected? Is it fused if my lipo decides to get mean to my PC later?
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Soma; Jan 07, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:35 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
I've just received my no pins Lemon RXs (1.5 grams) and I thought I'd post some other options for mounting one to the Flip FC.

Mounting it underneath will be the same as the original post. The RX will mount closer by using bare pins (out of the insulation) and some double sided tape. No pics of this sorry.

There is an option to have it protrude from the Flip for better reception but it would be vulnerable out there. RX power could be wired straight across to a spare motor output.

[]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/_enlighten_/Radio%20Control/Lemon%20Flip/LemonFlipTopIn.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/_enlighten_/Radio%20Control/Lemon%20Flip/LemonFlipTopOut.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/_enlighten_/Radio%20Control/Lemon%20Flip/LemonRXNoPins.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/_enlighten_/Radio%20Control/Lemon%20Flip/LemonRXNoPinsWeight.jpg[/IMG]

And one just of the Flip cos she's a beauty
[]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/_enlighten_/Radio%20Control/Lemon%20Flip/FlipFC.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT... Hey does anyone know about the jumper in the above picture, right at the end of the arrow?
If I solder the remaining jumper (right hand one) as well, will that power the RX from USB???
If so I can do a range test and also check out the RX inputs in Multiwii.
Can I leave them both connected? Is it fused if my lipo decides to get mean to my PC later?
Don't forget to put at least two power pins...

I have done similar mounting but on a shield long time ago.. !

Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
148 Posts
Hi all,
I have just ordered a flip quad and am really looking forward to trying it in the open...
Have just a couple of questions:
1. Have downloaded the following GUIs: MultiWii and the other Mw-WinGUI-2.1 / Are these the same in terms of tweaking results (ie same functions etc...)
2. Will I be required to do anything upon receiving the Quad (apart from binding)?
3. Are spares (apart from props) needed?
Any advice on anything else MUCH appreciated.
Have been reading this thread with a lot of interest although I am not a big IT techie... Will survive though.
Many thanks to all for sharing.
All the best for 2013,
V
Vasidudu is offline Find More Posts by Vasidudu