HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
Awesome and thank you.

BTW, I placed an order for one piece for evaluation also shared the link. Hope you did not mind.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:46 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
that is a 3DR Radio. I take my netbook out to the field and have total control over the PID. EXPO, and RCRate settings so you can dial your quad exactly how you like it. Then I would take off until you improve and want to unleash the beast more.

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...it-915mhz.html

you and also do this with Bluetooth, but the range is limited, and you might have to keep re- reconnecting .
Yep. They work fantastic. I've been using them for a while for robotics stuff, but I just adapted it to use with a different board on Saturday and it literally saved me hours of time as an alternate to plugging in each time or waiting for bluetooth to reconnect after wandering out of range. I highly recommend getting these and Witespy's price on his store is a lot less than most of the resellers. You have some resellers beat by $25 (US).
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:03 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Yep. They work fantastic. I've been using them for a while for robotics stuff, but I just adapted it to use with a different board on Saturday and it literally saved me hours of time as an alternate to plugging in each time or waiting for bluetooth to reconnect after wandering out of range. I highly recommend getting these and Witespy's price on his store is a lot less than most of the resellers. You have some resellers beat by $25 (US).
Hello HansAuf! Hope all is great with you. It was nice seeing you at Hodges in Georgia.
AlanFlorida is online now Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:24 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
Hello HansAuf! Hope all is great with you. It was nice seeing you at Hodges in Georgia.
Yeah man. Everyone reading this needs to make sure to be there next year (cough, cough.. paul). I'll post back when I get this and test it out some. You just cant beat the Multiwii for aerobatics. Just got a Sony NEX5N that takes some wicked video, so maybe I'll grab some video.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:44 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Yeah man. Everyone reading this needs to make sure to be there next year (cough, cough.. paul). I'll post back when I get this and test it out some. You just cant beat the Multiwii for aerobatics. Just got a Sony NEX5N that takes some wicked video, so maybe I'll grab some video.
You will love it. We all need to get together here locally and fly some Quad Combat with these boards
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:19 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Sweet looking little board, I'm in for one for a sport quad.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:28 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
Sweet looking little board, I'm in for one for a sport quad.
We will need to get all of us Florida guys together to do some Sport Quad Flying with our Flip Boards
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:13 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Here is a test flight video of the ready to fly FLIP quad, with the Flip FC. The arco settings are set mildy aggressive. Great thing is you have autolevel switch, so when you shoot way up in the sky, you know your not going to nose dive coming home. it is a life saver, or not this quad does not care.

Flip quad default settings (2 min 42 sec)
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:57 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Here is a test flight video of the ready to fly FLIP quad, with the Flip FC. The arco settings are set mildy aggressive. Great thing is you have autolevel switch, so when you shoot way up in the sky, you know your not going to nose dive coming home. it is a life saver, or not this quad does not care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-xfPc3Vwg8
The first part of the video the wind was very strong!! I remember that day, it was 15-20mph+.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,658 Posts
got it setup for a gimbal controller pretty quick and the front label does match the front for tilt when Flyduino MPU define is used. Only thing that was a hitch briefly was the programming usb socket is a micro not a mini. Got it programmed just as soon as I found out my Galaxy S3 usb cable fit it. Lot nicer than the board that I had just paid $5 more for
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:09 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
got it setup for a gimbal controller pretty quick and the front label does match the front for tilt when Flyduino MPU define is used. Only thing that was a hitch briefly was the programming usb socket is a micro not a mini. Got it programmed just as soon as I found out my Galaxy S3 usb cable fit it. Lot nicer than the board that I had just paid $5 more for
sounds good.

I will upload the default file that is loaded the the board.

I feel #define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ should be on for smaller frames, and it works great.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:40 AM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
Great to hear!! Man you got that fast
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:13 PM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
146 Posts
Got mine today! It's even smaller than I expected....

Think I'm going to put it on a seriously over powered 330mm - 350mm size quad with 8" props and let the fun begin!

Do you guys think that I should enable the #define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ since it will be on a smaller sized frame?

Also... what rates are you guys using to do acro? (I usually use the KK2 for acro and just use the stick scaling)
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:20 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Also... what rates are you guys using to do acro? (I usually use the KK2 for acro and just use the stick scaling)
yes. I think you should always start with the LPF on 42HZ is a good start. then start knocking it down.

for starting PID settings defaults are great.

but you need to change these settings if you want mild flipping action, then move up from there; Make sure you setup your Autolevel on a switch, so you have both modes rocken for two awesome fly styles .

RCRate : move from .90 up to 1.30
RCExpo : move from .60 Down to .30
YAW RATE : move from 0 up to . 50 .
Last edited by witespy; Nov 08, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
146 Posts
Quote:
yes. I think you should always start with the LPF on 42HZ is a good start. then start knocking it down.

for starting PID settings defaults are great.

but you need to change these settings if you want mild flipping action, then move up from there; Make sure you setup your Autolevel on a switch, so you have both modes rocken for two awesome fly styles .

RCRate : move from .90 up to 1.30
RCExpo : move from .60 Down to .30
YAW RATE : move from 0 up to . 50 .
Thanks for the tips!

After seeing how good my Quadrino flys I had to give this thing a try for acro. Unfortunately I have to work 12's all weekend starting tomorrow so no fun for me until Monday. (And of course it's suppose to be like 65-70 and sunny all weekend! Been in the 30's to 40's all week.)
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila