HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:28 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Ok I have decided to go with the turnigy G46 670kv on 4s, Dlux 70 amp esc. HXT5010 servos on the elevator and rudder, HK15138's on ailerons.
Rough measurement from motor centre to wheel centre is about 18cm.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:56 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
wow that is good service, paid for Friday arvo delivered Thursday well done Aussie Store!
looks nice always amazes me how can they make all the parts, box it up and sell it for $67
will be strengthening up the landing gear area in the fuse, it looks like paper thin in that area

Let the Build Begin

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:17 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
wow that is good service, paid for Friday arvo delivered Thursday well done Aussie Store!
looks nice always amazes me how can they make all the parts, box it up and sell it for $67
will be strengthening up the landing gear area in the fuse, it looks like paper thin in that area

Let the Build Begin

cheers chuck
I have been looking at the undercarriage mounting area, how are you going to re enforce it chuck ?.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
I have been looking at the undercarriage mounting area, how are you going to re enforce it chuck ?.
looking at it i think i'll put some spruce either side of it running side to side then a couple of pieces front to back with a lot of epoxy. the bit i put side to side in the front might also get some spruce running to the front of the batt/tank bay to fully strengthen that area. i am finding the only damage i seem to be doing to my planes now, is on landing, yes i am practicing harder on nailing every landing now, but stuff one up and for sure on these ARF's the landing gear breaks

cheers chuck
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:19 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
I had some family stuff to do today so I didn't get the as much time on the stick as I wanted to, I did however strengthen the undercarriage area, while the epoxy was setting I mounted the G46, ofcourse this didn't go according to plan either, but it's now on the fuz, screwed on the tailplane and glued the fin on, the tail wheel assy is very stiff.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:53 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Getting close now, I swapped out the wheel axle bolts for these wheel axles http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Steel_4mm.html , I also have put a extra ca hinge in the rudder.
Weather is looking to be awful on Sunday so I may not maiden this weekend.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
started my build last night, sanded out the servo slots to fit my standard servos, i think if i was going for a fresh start and not just rehashing an older plane i would go with the Mini servos the slots were cut from, i have these in my E-flite advance and they are plenty strong enough. next i fitted the horns on the ailerons and then roughened up the area to be glued to join the wings, which i hope to this afternoon along with the vertical stab
Anyway next page in the manual, fit the motor! first up i try my motor already mounted on the rails from the donor plane and the pre cut holes did not match up, DOHH! oh well i'll take the motor off these rails and fit to the supplied rails. Get rails out and check against pre drilled hole What The they don't line up either, ahh maybe thats why these are so cheap HK has bought a batch of seconds not a problem if your going electric but if 2st or 4st not good. even if the holes and rails did match up i don't know how you would fit the suggested motor in between them they look to narrow
Anyway i'll now just use the engine rails that are already on the motor seeing as i have to drill 4 new holes anyway

well thats as far as i have got, been busy doing other stuff this morning, hope to maiden mine this Wednesday at my mates strip if the weathers with us and i have finished the build

cheers chuck

PS aero do you have any idea what the two bits of wood are for that is in the pack with the handles for the hatch? they have a hole and a slot cut in them, i have no idea what they are for can't see them in the instructions either
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
wings glued together and motor is fitted
also strengthened the landing gear area and fitted the fuel tank tray, used a rubber glue so i can pull it out easy, in case i need to do repairs under it, where the landing gear is
coming together easy, hope to fit the tail feathers tonight

hows your coming along aero?

cheers chuck

PS seems like we are the only ones on rcgroups with this bird unless they just haven't got theirs yet
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:44 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
wings glued together and motor is fitted
also strengthened the landing gear area and fitted the fuel tank tray, used a rubber glue so i can pull it out easy, in case i need to do repairs under it, where the landing gear is
coming together easy, hope to fit the tail feathers tonight

hows your coming along aero?

cheers chuck

PS seems like we are the only ones on rcgroups with this bird unless they just haven't got theirs yet
Good to hear Chuck, mine is getting there ok, i just need to put the rudder on and put the pushrods in and connect the servos up, then it will be rx ready
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:53 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
My Daughter suggested this has the pilot lol
Last edited by aeromaniac; Nov 10, 2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Well Chuck the stick is ready to maiden, not the day that I wanted but I need to get it the air. Balance with 3700mah 4s seems to be spot on.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
This one is for Gizzo lol
Nice unboxing pics dude. You must feel very proud of your box opening skills. Tell me, did it take many years of modelling to become so proficient with a pair of scissors or kitchen knife that you can open a box with such skill? Just look, no torn edges, the model inside is undamaged, even the box is still recognisable! Nice work, man. These unboxing videos and pics fill my heart with hope for the future of modelling, indeed I think the clubs ought to have "unboxing nights" for the young ones and new members, to show them the correct (dare I say traditional?) way to unbox a model, so they may enter the world of RC with a sound footing in the tricky art of unboxing a model, a part of modelling that sees so many give up in frustration. The clubs could also be redesignated as "unboxing clubs" and all members could then bring along any item they've bought be it toaster, oil filter, RC plane or Weetbix, and open said item among friends who appreciate the skill involved and receive the accolades they deserve. I tip, if I may, from an unboxer of mediocre talent, is to keep the box in good condition, so the model can be placed back inside after being smeared over a flying field or before being sold to Zoot (you know it's true).
Again I say, Bravo! on the sucessful unboxing of your new model. I hope you are as proud of your efforts as we are, and I'm so happy you didn't run with the scissors and hurt yourself in your excitement to open that magnificent box.

(disclaimer. I'm just teasing gaz, don't take it seriously, kittens )
gizzo is online now Find More Posts by gizzo
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzo View Post
Nice unboxing pics dude. You must feel very proud of your box opening skills. Tell me, did it take many years of modelling to become so proficient with a pair of scissors or kitchen knife that you can open a box with such skill? Just look, no torn edges, the model inside is undamaged, even the box is still recognisable! Nice work, man. These unboxing videos and pics fill my heart with hope for the future of modelling, indeed I think the clubs ought to have "unboxing nights" for the young ones and new members, to show them the correct (dare I say traditional?) way to unbox a model, so they may enter the world of RC with a sound footing in the tricky art of unboxing a model, a part of modelling that sees so many give up in frustration. The clubs could also be redesignated as "unboxing clubs" and all members could then bring along any item they've bought be it toaster, oil filter, RC plane or Weetbix, and open said item among friends who appreciate the skill involved and receive the accolades they deserve. I tip, if I may, from an unboxer of mediocre talent, is to keep the box in good condition, so the model can be placed back inside after being smeared over a flying field or before being sold to Zoot (you know it's true).
Again I say, Bravo! on the sucessful unboxing of your new model. I hope you are as proud of your efforts as we are, and I'm so happy you didn't run with the scissors and hurt yourself in your excitement to open that magnificent box.

(disclaimer. I'm just teasing gaz, don't take it seriously, kittens )
lol your one funny man Gizzo
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:12 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,799 Posts
Today's Stick 1500 maiden went very well considering how bad the weather was, should be really nice to fly on a better day.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
sound all good Aero looking forward to flying mine

i went fishing today and have a family BBQ tonight so i won't get mine finished till tomorrow, but it is nearly there, hope to maiden Wednesday

cheers chuck