HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
BlitzRcWorks F4U Corsair

Ok guys, so I need help to fly this thing. I'm a new flyer, first plane. Can anyone post a video or list of instructions? thanks!
IronCladPaladin is offline Find More Posts by IronCladPaladin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:36 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladPaladin View Post
Ok guys, so I need help to fly this thing. I'm a new flyer, first plane. Can anyone post a video or list of instructions? thanks!
Here's the link to the thread of the 1400mm version, lots of info. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222580

"I'm a new flyer, first plane" That will be getting a good bit of attention. These warbirds aren't good prospects for success if your a beginner. Really, find a decent trainer and put this one aside until you've gotten the hang of things. The warplanes are twitchy, do not self stabilize and don't glide well. As a learner, you need a plane that gives you time to pick up the reflexes and skills.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Nov 03, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,963 Posts
Unfortunately you bought a plane as your first that is difficult to fly at best. Take that fact and combine it with a poorly made plane and you have two strikes against you to begin with. The only advice I could give you is to shelve the plane for now, and buy a suitable beginner plane. The F4U Corsair is not a beginner plane in any shape way or form. Look into a beginner RTF plane like the Hobbyzone Champ, Firebird Stratos or Super Cub. Each of these planes will give you a good chance at success. After you master one of those, then you can tackle the Corsair again. Of course you could seek out the help of a good club and instructor to help you get the Corsair airworthy and flying. Good Luck.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
577 Posts
IronCladPaladin, this is very good advice these guy's are giving you, about 19 months ago my son and I were in exactly the same place you are, except our first plane was the 1600 mm Mustang from Starmax, luckily I found this forum and posted pretty much the same as you have and was advised the same, (get a good simulator and a trainer) we got RealFlight 5.5 and a Piper Cub, now a piper Cub is probably not the most suitable trainer and we rushed in to flying it before we had fully mastered the sim so you can guess the outcome, after repairing the cub we went back to the sim and kept practicing and are now getting OK on the sticks, (that means we have some planes that still survive after flying them hehe) If we had of flown the Mustang without first using the sim and trainer we would probably not have continued in this great hobby after destroying the it on the first try, I am very glad of the help and advice you can get from the more experienced people on this forum and hope you have as fun a journey as my son and I are having, Cheers,
Glen.
Austang is online now Find More Posts by Austang
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:04 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,893 Posts
OP: The best way to go is to get the $89 Champ and then a $99 T-28. You can use the same controller to fly both and you will have two planes you love to fly when you want to get in a little relaxing stick time.

I understand the urge to get in the air with a "cool plane" right away (I bought an EDF jet and flew it WAY before I was ready), but there will be plenty of time for that as you develop your skills. Keep in mind I have many years of experience with video games, so my thumbs and reflexes are well developed. Even with that I needed to follow the course outlined above.

Trust us, you will be quite happy once it is all behind you.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden