Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:09 PM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
New Product
Heli-Max Axe 100 CP Flybarless 2.4GHz

I didn't see any thread for this and I just bought one to learn to fly a CP helicopter.

It comes in two versions - RTF use a Tactic transmitter and receiver for $200 and a Tx-R version, where you hook up AnyLink 2.4GHz Radio Adapter to various transmitters from what I see. The Tx-R version goes for $160.

Highlights
•Fully assembled and detailed Axe 100 body
•Flybarless head design
•TAGs (Triple Axis Gyro stabilization)
•200mAh 1S LiPo flight battery and charger
•2nd flight battery — charge while you fly!
•Extra set of main and tail rotor blades, linkages and screwdriver

HeliDirect, Hobby Zone and Tower Hobbies are curently carrying what looks like the full list of replacement parts for the heli. I haven't had time to verify against the manual.

INCLUDES: Tactic AnyLink SLT 2.4GHz Radio Adapter http://tacticrc.com/tacj2000.html
Cable for Futaba transmitters with square trainer jack (except 12Z,14MZ, 18MZ and 4YF on 2.4GHz).
Cable for JR, Spektrum DX6, DX6i, DX7, and Graupner MX-1 transmitters.
Two pieces of hard locking mounting strips


SPECS:
Compatible Aircraft Transmitters: Futaba, Hitec, JR, Spektrum, Graupner with trainer/DSC jack
Compatible Receivers: Tactic brand 2.4GHz SLT receivers (TR624, TACL0624; TR324, TACL0324) Transmitter-Ready (Tx-R) aircraft
Frequencies: 2.403-2.480GHz
Modulation: FHSS spread spectrum
Range: 1,000 feet maximum (304.8 meters)
Input Power: Received from host transmitter or optional Power Adapter
Input Connection: Universal servo connector
Power On Indicator: LED
Inactivity Alarm: Tones sound after 4 minutes of TX inactivity
Output Power: <0.1W
Antenna: External, rotatable and foldable
Case Dimensions: 2.5 x 1.4 x 0.5" (64 x 36 x 12mm)
Weight: 0.85oz (24g)
Mounting Method: Hard locking fastening strips

Link to Nick Maxwell reviewing the kit and flying in his barn. Nice to see he crashes it and keeps flying with it.
Nick Maxwell Axe 100 overview and flying in the barn (9 min 4 sec)


I have been trying off and on for a long time to learn to fly a RC CP Heli. I think this will be what I need to finally accomplish it.

Figure out why the video wasn't working. My Internet Explorer 9 wasn't playing the videos. I can see it posted just fine with Google Chrome.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Last edited by WEFlyer; Nov 03, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:03 PM
Registered User
flyfalcons's Avatar
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
Mine's on the way from Tower along with an Anylink for my 14MZ. Been waiting for a micro CP heli that I could bind to my current radio for some time now. Looking forward to getting it.
flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by flyfalcons
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
It is a rebrand of the Nine Eagles 125a. There is a thread on it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555704

What is new is the Anylink adapter. It may be worth checking whether the transmitter the RTF package uses the Anylink protocol or not.

The price is not expensive considering you can get spares from your LHS.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:28 PM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfalcons View Post
Mine's on the way from Tower along with an Anylink for my 14MZ. Been waiting for a micro CP heli that I could bind to my current radio for some time now. Looking forward to getting it.
I'll being binding to a Futaba 7C. Seems most of the micro helis you are stuck either with that brand's transmitter or a BNF Spectrum transmitter. It would be nice if you could use other brand transmitters as I see models I would like to be but I don't need a bunch of different transmitters. I have enough to learn with just my 7C.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:36 PM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is a rebrand of the Nine Eagles 125a. There is a thread on it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555704

What is new is the Anylink adapter. It may be worth checking whether the transmitter the RTF package uses the Anylink protocol or not.

The price is not expensive considering you can get spares from your LHS.
Here is the link to Tactic AnyLink.
http://tacticrc.com/tacj2000.html

It can link with Futaba, Hitec, JR, Spectrum, Tower Hobbies and Graupner. You need the correct cable. The two cables that come with it are for Futaba, JR, Graupner and Spectrum. An additional cable would have to be purchased for the other brands.

I'll check out the thread you provided. There was a post at another popular heli site I visit where the guy got to do a lot of testing in the store with a lot of bumping around which lead to me deciding to get this one. Particularly when I found 3 online sites carrying all the parts and I could bind it to my Futaba without having to get a whole different transmitter.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:50 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Rockitglider's Avatar
Pompano Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2008
298 Posts
Hello,

I used a Futaba 7C and it bonded perfectly, and it flies good except for a little tail jitter. I'll have to check the other thread to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Rockitglider
Rockitglider is offline Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Saw one of these today at my lhs. Looks NICE and well built! I love these little helis and already have a Blade MCPX, Nano CPX and 130X. Might have to get one of these to round out the fleet!

How's the power? I like the Nano because it has a good power to weight ratio for flipping but it could use a little more power and I've had bad luck with the stock brushed motor not lasting long. I love the MCPX, it flys with a lot of stability but it doesn't flip very well.

Was hoping that perhaps this heli's flipping performance is somwhere between the MCPX and the Nano...

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:12 AM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
How's the power? I like the Nano because it has a good power to weight ratio for flipping but it could use a little more power and I've had bad luck with the stock brushed motor not lasting long. I love the MCPX, it flys with a lot of stability but it doesn't flip very well.

Was hoping that perhaps this heli's flipping performance is somwhere between the MCPX and the Nano...

Pete
From what I read in another forum, not enough for tick-tock's but it can do half piro flips, hurricane's, upright and inverted, flips and rolls one after the other if you management the collective. The person that wrote seems to have just about broken in the motor.

He said it handled crashes well which is what I need being a beginner for CP flying. Various folks like the way it hovered.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:19 AM
Registered User
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEFlyer View Post
From what I read in another forum, not enough for tick-tock's but it can do half piro flips, hurricane's, upright and inverted, flips and rolls one after the other if you management the collective. The person that wrote seems to have just about broken in the motor.

He said it handled crashes well which is what I need being a beginner for CP flying. Various folks like the way it hovered.
Thank you for the feedback! After doing some research, I think I'm going to stay away. The Nine Eagles version had a lot of reliability issues and it's hard to beat the Blade supply line of plentiful parts...

I'm really liking these small helis though! Makes flying out your front door feasibly and productive to learn new things.

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:19 PM
Registered User
flyfalcons's Avatar
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
Just got the first two flights in on mine and I like it! It flips well but the roll is a little slow. Power is pretty good for a little guy, and the three axis gyro does a very good job holding the heli steady even in a light breeze. I'm going to have some fun with this one.
flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by flyfalcons
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:34 PM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Thank you for the feedback! After doing some research, I think I'm going to stay away. The Nine Eagles version had a lot of reliability issues and it's hard to beat the Blade supply line of plentiful parts...

I'm really liking these small helis though! Makes flying out your front door feasibly and productive to learn new things.

Pete
Your welcome. Hopefully this version won't be so bad as to reliability. Certainly the Nine Eagle versions have a lot of posting to its sticky thread so evidently not bad enough to keep people away from it.

So far, seems folks are giving the HeliMax good hits and it is holding up well. I figure I will have to replace the motor at some point since it is a brushed motor but all mciros seem to come that way. I looked at the Blade but it seems you can only use a Spectrum radio with it. At least this one had the Anylink so I could fly with my Futaba radio.

I do hope I get to learn with it and it helps me get ready to fly for when I build a 450 kit.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:36 PM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfalcons View Post
Just got the first two flights in on mine and I like it! It flips well but the roll is a little slow. Power is pretty good for a little guy, and the three axis gyro does a very good job holding the heli steady even in a light breeze. I'm going to have some fun with this one.
Thanks for the post. Hoping to have some fun with this one myself. Do think the roll rate could be adjust with settings in the radio?
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:43 PM
Registered User
flyfalcons's Avatar
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
I'm hoping so. I had the aileron rate at the recommended 100 for the first flight and 110 for the second flight. I believe there was a small improvement, so I'll keep adding a bit of aileron and see how it goes.

I would say that if you can fly a normal heli (beyond a coax), that you can probably just skip the low rates and run high rates full time. I run a single rate on my other aerobatic helis and don't bother with dual rates.
flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by flyfalcons
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
Registered User
flyfalcons's Avatar
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
That did it, going to 130 on the aileron channel give it about the same roll rate as the flips. I will probably add a touch more expo as well now. The winds were calm for the last couple flights and it flew awesome. Doing flips at eye level now, what a fun little machine.
flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by flyfalcons
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Glad you figured it! I'm just beginning with CP helicopters so I'll be going with tamer settings. Not sure if I would need dual rates or not. I'll be reading up on heli setups this weekend.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale FS/FT Heli-max Axe CP V3 Rerun_40 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2012 10:09 PM
Discussion Heli max axe cp. radio upgrade Petey156 Electric Heli Talk 2 Sep 01, 2012 09:17 PM
Discussion Heli max axe cp transmitter swap Petey156 Electric Heli Talk 1 Sep 01, 2012 01:39 PM
Sold NIP Axe CP and AXE CP 2.4GHZ parts nickxx4360 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 3 Jul 11, 2012 11:50 PM
Sold NIP Axe CP and AXE CP 2.4GHZ parts Plus heli nickxx4360 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 08, 2012 07:46 PM