Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:38 AM
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
Discussion
Prepaint in Mold/Sherman-Williams AutoPaint?

Has anybody used the water-based automotive paint made by Sherman-Williams. In the past I have pre-painted in the mold with good results.I'm doing vacuum bagged foam core skins hollow wings. I used a solvent based paint and everything was great. Then I joined the upper to lower and wanted to do a slight touchup at the LE and TE. The solvent based somehow leaked in and melted the foam core of the skins!!!!!!!!

I have researched and have not found anybody other than Sherman/williams for waterbased base coats. Nelson make the catilized waterbased paint but it's mail order and not taking orders. Anybody have some feedback on this product.
sunnybreeze is offline Find More Posts by sunnybreeze
to remove ads between posts