SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by heli hamilton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Discussion
I need serious help with my Esky KING 2....please!

I have recently stripped down an Esky honeybee king 2. Replace the main shaft, feathering shaft, new blades etc.
I got rid of the old radio and hooked up a Dx6i.
I set the blades as best as i could, even changing the push links exactly the same.
I checked online for the Dx6i settings for a king 2.
When i tried the settings, i had to adjust some of the settings as the aileron and elevator was reversed. Then i couldnt get the swash plate to idle up. It was going down, so i adjusted some more settings so that everything went the correct way. The main blades are turning clockwise and the tail blades are turning counter-clockwise. My battery is fine, and i have a brushless motor setup.
Now for the wierd part. The helicopter will not take off. I have been on youtube and google all day seeking answers. It seems to me the blades are inverted all the time as the air is pushing upwards. (The blades are on the correct way). I have made adjustments again with the stick at mid position and setting one blade close to zero, then moving the other blade a further 10% as someone said would work. tried again and its still the same. It hasnt even been off the floor. Im totaly stuck. If anyone has any other suggestions i would be greatful.
heli hamilton is offline Find More Posts by heli hamilton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canada, ON, Pickering
Joined Nov 2006
674 Posts
wow you are going back a few years, I had one years ago, I do remember that esky servos are reverse travel to all other servos out there. When I changed my radio nothing worked, when I got the aileron and elevator to work the correct way, the collective was reversed, finally it donned on me in order to make it work I had to set all collective values from normal to negative, then it all worked, again due to the fact that their servo rotation is reversed to normal servos.Get someone to hold it safely, put it in idle up and raise throttle and see which way the heli pulls when you pull up or down collective.
ddruck is offline Find More Posts by ddruck
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
I know what you are saying. I did get everything moving the right way
Took hours for me to do
So the aileron,elevator and pitch along with the rudder move the correct way. In idle up the collective pich moves up but the blades seem to reverse and there is a lot of air being pushed upwards.
I'll try changing some more settings to negative to see if that works. Thanks. For your comment.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Getting somewhere.

Right i have changed a lot of settings and they may be way off, but the helicopter took off! Which was nice to see before i crashed into the kids trampoline and smashed up a ring push rod lol.
Obviously i need to get things set up properly.

Il write down my Dx6i settings and you can tell me what needs to change if you have any idea's.

So for the record, everything is now moving the correct way, so i do not need to reverse the way the swash plate moves.
I just went through adjusting everything to negative really.

Here are the settings:

D/R and Expo
AILE 0 100% -30%
ELEV 0 100% -30%
RUDD 0 100% -30%

(ALL SAME ON SWITCH 1 EXCEPT THE AILE AND ELEV ARE AT 80%)

TRAVEL ADJ
THRO 100% AILE 100%
ELEV 100% RUDD 80%
GYRO 100% PITCH 100%

GYRO RATE IS AT 0: 0%
1: 0%

THROTTLE CURVES
L 0%
2 42.5%
3 60%
4 80%
H 100%

STUNT
L 0%
2 25%
3 50%
4 75%
H 100%

HOLD -0%

PITCH CURVES
NORM
L 35%
2 42.5%
3 50%
4 75%
H 100%

STUNT
L 0%
2 25%
3 50%
4 75%
H 100%

HOLD 33%

SWASH MIX

AILE -75%
ELEV -75%
PITCH -75%

MIX 1 AND 2 INH

REVO MIX
NORM AND STUNT UP AND DOWN ALL AT 0%

THROTTLE AILERON ELEVATOR RUDDER GYRO AND PICTH ALL OK

SWASH TYPE 120 DEGREES

DOES ANYTHING LOOK WRONG TO ANYONE HERE? PROBABLY LOL

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

And thanks DDRUCK for you INPUT.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:42 PM
Canada, ON, Pickering
Joined Nov 2006
674 Posts
Unfortunately it has been years and I was using Futaba then. Never used DX6i for helis just DX7. Now the head on the esky is reverse from t-rex so pitch up should be the collective ring moving down not up, I think. Move it by hand and see which way the blades rotate. I must say I always hated that heli, it was flimsy, easily broken, the tail shaft drive was weak.The cheap Chinese copy of trex is much superior to these helis, but if you insist on getting it going just keep trying, I would sell it. Sorry for the negative view, it just did not leave positive memory on me.
ddruck is offline Find More Posts by ddruck
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Lol your not the only one to say this. My friend hates it too. Its just at the moment funds are tight and its cheap to fix. Sold my blade 400 as the parts are expensive if you crash
No ordering from hong kong like esky. I'll get something better eventualy for sure. Have to move house soon.so when I've done that I'll perhaps look at something better. I do like the new esky d700 flybarless, but you need to buy your own gyro to go with it. We shall see. I've got to wait for the ring push rod to be delivered now. Thanks for your help. I might get a nano xmas to practice 3d.been using some sims,think I'm getting there now. Thanks again.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:23 AM
muncheyboy
Joined May 2011
57 Posts
e sky

i had 2 of them before knew better, ( not to insult you, just saying ive been there ) i dont know the dx6, but you say in normal the blades work ok ? then when you switch to idle up 1or2 it the pitch is 180 out? let me know, i had alot of fixen time on this bird. oh yea, ive got some spare parts both plastic & metal if you want them. even a good boom, d/k how that happend !!! i think we can get this bir wright.
muncheyboy is offline Find More Posts by muncheyboy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Hey larry I replied to your private message
I got the heli working correctly yesterday by setting everything on negative from positive.
But still because the heli isn't set right the tail seems to want to spin in an anti clockwise direction rapidly. I just checked the manual for the dx6i and it has the gyro settings at 50% so I'll do that.still waiting on parts to come before I try again though lol.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
I may have found why the tail is spinning. I have recently replaced the belt, so i may not have tightened up the boom in the correct position so the belt is sloppy, also the tail servo position could be off. So will get these checked out soon. Am waiting for my new gyro to come. It just a headlock gyro from Hobby King (401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro). Il have this heli flying in no time.....i hope lol.