Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
544 Posts
Discussion
Finally, my DX6i! And I got 15% off!

I have been putting $30 a week down on my DX6i (TX only) and last night I walked in with the final payment and the 15% off coupon I found online (http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...h-_-Left+Nav+5). The guys at Time Flys didn't even know the coupon existed, but they honored it! The money I saved allowed me to put a nice first payment down on a Blade Nano CPx. Since I have more than enough things to keep me busy, this layaway thing has been great at keeping my spending under control.

So, I easily bound my MCX2 and MSR to the DX6i. Without any adjustments they flew great. The throttle and movements were definitely smoother. I did a few laps around the living room with each and practiced some circuits. After 20 minutes of flying, I went to the basement workshop to get my MQX but got side tracked by a soldering project that was sitting on the bench. I hate it when I come upstairs not realizing that it is way past my normal bed time, but too tweaked from what I have been doing to actually go to bed. I have no idea why I thought the Pheonix RC sim would calm me down. It didn't, but we set the clocks back this weekend, so I'll at least get an hour back.

Tonight I'll be putting in the recommended settings for the MCX2 and MSR to see what the difference is. Maybe I'll try the MQX too. For some reason my large order of batteries from HobbyKing made it into NY despite the hurricane, so they will be here in a week. Just in time for me to bind the SR that has been sitting in the basement taunting me. I know from my initial tests that the links need adjustment and some parts might need replacing, but that is half the fun of buying used and broken stuff!
Micubano is online now Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts