HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:24 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
While I'm no physicist, I know there are only 3 axes in our world. It doesn't matter if it is 6-axis stabilization, 6-axis gyro, or 6-axis roses-are-red-violets-are-blue - there are only 3 axes in this world.

I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that 6-axis equates to "stabilize in 6 ways". but in my humble dictionary, axis does not mean "in number of ways".

Even if you consider "time" as the 4th dimension, the remaining 2 dimensions are missing. And we all know in terms of toy quads, what the additional 3 axes are. The time dimension is never part of 6-axis.
Well, it depends on how you look at it. Proper terminology is degrees of freedom, but there are six ways a quad can move and I believe they are saying it'll stabilize all six. Roll, pitch, yaw, elevation, movement fore and aft, and movement left to right. It is much better than saying 6 axis gyro at least. It says six axis stabilization, which to me means stabilizing on all six of the aforementioned degrees of freedom.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:11 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Well, either all of Hubsan's parts are going to Traxxas, or Traxxas has done a role-reversal, and Hubsan wasn't lying when they said someone in the US was cloning their design.

My inquiries to Hubsan stated that lead time was 15-20 days after payment was made.

$60 without radio? 100$ with radio? The original can be had for ~$45 shipped complete.
I know. It seems like lately traxxas has fallen in the trap with the Husban quad, castle creations 'powered' motors and ESCs.
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:59 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,945 Posts
Misinformation should not be allowed to propagate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Well, it depends on how you look at it. Proper terminology is degrees of freedom, but there are six ways a quad can move and I believe they are saying it'll stabilize all six. Roll, pitch, yaw, elevation, movement fore and aft, and movement left to right. It is much better than saying 6 axis gyro at least. It says six axis stabilization, which to me means stabilizing on all six of the aforementioned degrees of freedom.
I won't argue with you as it is pointless to explain the definition of "axis" is not what you have perceived. No matter how hard you try to obfuscate your interpretation, how you stretch the word, it is never meant that way. If you wish to change the meaning of the word "axis", it is your choice; but do not confuse the public by equating axis to degrees of freedom. It is wrong.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:49 AM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I won't argue with you as it is pointless to explain the definition of "axis" is not what you have perceived. No matter how hard you try to obfuscate your interpretation, how you stretch the word, it is never meant that way. If you wish to change the meaning of the word "axis", it is your choice; but do not confuse the public by equating axis to degrees of freedom. It is wrong.
So before you said that saying six axis gyro was fine because it didn't matter and I was a "troll" for complaining about it, and now you're splitting hairs over what an axis is?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_freedom

Seems they describe six different axis of movement to me, so maybe you can take up your argument with Wikipedia, you clearly being smarter than them.

Quote:
Specifically, the body is free to move forward/backward, up/down, left/right (translation in three perpendicular axes) combined with rotation about three perpendicular axes, often termed pitch, yaw, and roll.
Sounds a whole lot like exactly what I said, but of course you know best.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:54 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Fyre and Skitch, seems to me you are both right. There are 'three perpendicular axes' and 'six degrees of freedom' within which the quad can move. Let's just leave it at that.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
x4 video update

hubsan x4 outdoor fly (2 min 26 sec)
youxif is offline Find More Posts by youxif
Last edited by youxif; Nov 08, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youxif View Post
And that has what exactly to do with this thread?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Lol!
I too get confused with all those XYZ names!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:43 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
And that has what exactly to do with this thread?
exact same quad as the traxxas. same body same design same blue lights same tx according to all the pics so the video will show those of us wanting to try it ,what it will fly like.

oh wait im sorry i forgot it was you skitchen8 so i must say it may not be exactly the same quad because the tx does not say traxxas and the body isnt branded traxxas but for the most part all the pictures look to portray the same quad and this is also the same quad as the estes nano quadcopter soon to be released
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:32 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Hubsan :
http://www.hubsan.com/products/HELICOPTER/H107.htm

Traxxas :

http://traxxas.com/products/models/heli/6208qr1

No doubts. Sad ...
MasterXelaMM is online now Find More Posts by MasterXelaMM
Last edited by MasterXelaMM; Nov 09, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
axis is wrong unfortunately and what is meant is 3dof for gyro and 3dof for accelerometer

rather than say 3dof gyro 3dof acc they get added up to 6dof (the actual correct term)

so when we see 3dof we know its only gyros

6dof gyro and acc

then it gets odd?

mag (compass) rotates 360deg but on Z? axis so thats only 1dof too to me? i think but in the air because its not layed flat rotating it on any other axis other than Z give the other 2dof

so board with gyro acc and mag is called a 9dof

but a baro only senses pressure so is only 1dof

hence gyro/acc/baro/mag = 10dof

commonly by time you move away from the pre packaged "toys" so to speak into the realms of the IMU based flight controller i,e base board with the computer in this world IS the flight controller the sensors (the dof bit) is just how you decide what kind of assistance you would like while flying

the axis confusion comes from the XYZ aspect of flight

(this might be wrong so find correct info for yourself just explaining the idea)

X = aileron/roll
Y = elevator/pitch
Z = rudder/yaw

when everyone gets it right (manufactures) 3axis flight controller with 6dof will be the correct term

but now think of money and how to get it quickly

if i say to you without you reading the above

im selling a 3axis flight controller with 3dof

im selling a 3axis flight controller with 6dof

im selling a 3axis flight controller with 9dof

im selling a 3axis flight controller with 10dof

what would that mean to you?

naff all lol

but if i sell you a 3axis quad for $150 (yes people really did pay that for an mqx)

then sell you a 3axis quad for $40 (v929) that looks and flies exactly the same as the mqx just not spektrum branded and not the same 2.4ghz

and 20 people make another similar quad all same price range

the next logical step is "right, i will make the same thing auto level itself"

but after you have sen all these new quads most people will never read enough about quads to understand what a dof is

so how do you make them understand?? considering you are taking money from people who you can safely say are not fully educated in the subject? nor do most ever plan to be, after all the more sensors you add the more the quad flies itself?? SO WRONG!!! actually the more sensors you have the more things you have to learn how to fine tune!! BEFORE the quad will even think about flying itself lol

nope cant say that customers will fly away in droves lol better say

6axis win!

why? the people who cannot be bothered to study can be classed as stupid! not because they are stupid but because they know NOTHING about the subject in hand!!

if a real pilot asked me to read the dials and tell him what was happening i wouldnt know where to start? i am stupid in that subject!

i might take said pilot to my house and have to teach him how to boil an egg! he is stupid in that subject!

doesnt mean we are stupid per-say just that we did not know about THAT subject at the time?

so in its most basic form 6axis is twice as much as 3axis

as long as you can count you can understand that lol

dof broken down into its most simple selling form now you see why, you can let the manufactures know that you understand dof now and they will move on to more complex terminologies
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
wish it was speckrumized
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,344 Posts
Quote:
Wait, a clone of a $40 quad that costs $100 is cheap? I have some things I would like to sell you, got a perfectly good non storm damaged bridge in Brooklyn, I can cut you a real good deal of -100% off. Pretty much same deal you're getting here.

A fool and his money...
Awesome!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,021 Posts
This is a pretty low step for traxxas. Would have been nice if they made something special instead of buying a chinese toy to resell.
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:15 PM
T-28 abuser
United States, NY, New Paltz
Joined May 2009
355 Posts

LLOLOooL
bigstatik is offline Find More Posts by bigstatik