HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Nightstone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:15 AM
20 years on the Internet
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
898 Posts
Discussion
2 new builds

Built 2 new planes since my last entry here in my blog. Ones a nicer version of my test plane and the other is an almost finished Bipe. Some pics...

Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:23 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,729 Posts
Nice planes , Nightstone !

How goes the AP , quadcopter , night flying ? Did you ever make a hovercraft for the grandkids ?

Al
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:36 AM
20 years on the Internet
Joined May 2012
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
Nice planes , Nightstone !

How goes the AP , quadcopter , night flying ? Did you ever make a hovercraft for the grandkids ?

Al
I have sooo many projects in the works with never enough time lol. lately I decided to work on my aileron skill set. have been doing 4 or so flights a day on my 2 trainers. I got the 4 channel skill set down now to the point i'm almost sick of it. Practice, Practice, Practice. That and doing landings with bigger heavier planes.

Quads waiting for a battery ( Massive HK mess up ). Working on a second 4 channel AP plane, Almost done with the Bipe. Started a full fuse delta jet tonight. Have a few odd ball designs on paper almost ready to try. Got lights but have not had time to mount of fly them. Hovercraft is still in the I'm thinking about it phase.

Hope things are going good with you. Any new planes?

Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:09 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
I have sooo many projects in the works with never enough time lol. lately I decided to work on my aileron skill set. have been doing 4 or so flights a day on my 2 trainers. I got the 4 channel skill set down now to the point i'm almost sick of it. Practice, Practice, Practice. That and doing landings with bigger heavier planes.

Quads waiting for a battery ( Massive HK mess up ). Working on a second 4 channel AP plane, Almost done with the Bipe. Started a full fuse delta jet tonight. Have a few odd ball designs on paper almost ready to try. Got lights but have not had time to mount of fly them. Hovercraft is still in the I'm thinking about it phase.

Hope things are going good with you. Any new planes?

Nightstone
You're a busy guy ! Is that delta jet your own design ? Gonna fulfill the need for speed ?

I'm mostly building for the indoor season up here in it - never - stops - raining - land . Made a 1/2 size SE , and a hovercraft that also flies . Currently working on a small vectored thrust kite and a smaller blimp .

Al
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:02 PM
20 years on the Internet
Joined May 2012
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
You're a busy guy ! Is that delta jet your own design ? Gonna fulfill the need for speed ?

I'm mostly building for the indoor season up here in it - never - stops - raining - land . Made a 1/2 size SE , and a hovercraft that also flies . Currently working on a small vectored thrust kite and a smaller blimp .

Al
The delta is my design... got a few odd ideas I want to try lol. If it works I will post it if not it goes in the pile of shame. How did that Small SE fly? Got a vid? The kite and blimp sound real interesting too.

Here is a vid of the Bipe I Maidened today. Flys great. It was one of those build it as you go designs. Worked out okay.

FirstBipe (4 min 56 sec)

Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
The delta is my design... got a few odd ideas I want to try lol. If it works I will post it if not it goes in the pile of shame. How did that Small SE fly? Got a vid? The kite and blimp sound real interesting too.

Here is a vid of the Bipe I Maidened today. Flys great. It was one of those build it as you go designs. Worked out okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKVU...ature=youtu.be

Nightstone
Bipe looks GREAT ! Love your sunshine and blue skies !

The small SE flies fine , I'll shoot a video at the indoor fly Thursday eve . I should have the kite and blimp ready by then , too ..... but the flying hovercraft needs repairs from a crash before I can shoot a video of it .

Al