HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
Discussion
Orange Champ crash victim as Autogyro Franken-plane

I have a Orange 3-channel Champ that had a tree jump out and grab it. A football, tennis ball and a 35 foot roof-shovel/tree-pruner/tomatoplant-pole/duct-tape finally freed it after the leaves came down. Wing is half missing and before I replaced it I thought I'd use it as a test bed for an autogyro. Got some carbon fiber rod and some foam, been reading the articles here.

I'm thinking a quad blade. Any thoughts on how big to make the blades? Is there a formula that can be used? What angle to put the rotor hub at? Where should the CG be?

I won't have any controls on the rotor, so it will just act like a wing. The tail and elevator should give me basic control, just like it does with a fixed wing, correct?
MileHighTakeOff is offline Find More Posts by MileHighTakeOff
to remove ads between posts