HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Help!
Hobby king shipping

If you choice registered air mail from HK for $9.99 will it take a month or do most pay the $18.99 ? Thank
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:34 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
If you choice registered air mail from HK for $9.99 will it take a month or do most pay the $18.99 ? Thank
I just placed an order at the 18th for some stuff and chose the registered air mail because it was $40 cheaper than EMS. The packaged left the 20th and was here on the 29th.

Here is USPS tracking info on how fast it came.
Quote:
Delivered
October 29, 2012, 4:36 pm
OXFORD, OH 45056
International Parcels
Arrival at Unit
October 29, 2012, 6:08 am
OXFORD, OH 45056
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
October 27, 2012, 8:39 pm
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007
Processed Through Sort Facility
October 27, 2012, 4:56 pm
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Processed Through Sort Facility
October 26, 2012, 1:09 pm
HONG KONG, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance
October 25, 2012, 10:45 am
HONG KONG
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
My god 9 days oh well I'll just have to wait . Well I got the $9.99 do let's see how long it takes them. This was my 1st order with the and it's only because I wants the orange dsmx module for my 9x and a back lit LCD or else I would spend a dime with them . You don't save money because they get it back in shipping and value hobby has great price abs fast shipping but they didn't have that orange new module for the 9x so when u get this radio upgrades that's it for me . And what If you have a defective parts ? BACK TO CHINA!!!!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:14 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,934 Posts
Everything is slow right now because of the hurricane -- most HK orders go through customs in Jamaica, NY. Once in a while you'll get lucky and it will go through San Fran and get here a little quicker. I normally just choose the regular air mail....in the good ole' days of HK, air mail got to me here in CO in 8 days on the dot, and EMS got here in 3-5. Now I'm lucky if air mail gets it here in two weeks and EMS in the same. It's pretty pathetic and EMS isn't worth the extra money is my opinion unless you are the point where it is just a couple dollars more. Most of it now goes Swiss Post rather than Singapore Post, so it takes a lot longer than before.

Keep in mind most of this is not HK's fault but rather the international mail system. My last order was marked as shipped on the 20th and didn't leave China until the 28th. Somewhere in a postal depot in China my box sat for 8 days without moving. Recent changes to international shipping have made it much slower and more expensive. Our stock orders for the store come either UPS or DHL and they are much faster. They generally average 4-7 days from China, but we actually had one get here in 2 via UPS last week....it was shipped on Monday and the estimated delivery was that same Wednesday. I didn't believe it until the brown truck drove up outside. So, not all international shipping is dead....unfortunately, DHL and UPS are only cost-effective for large packages like we get, and even still it is pricey.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:33 AM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,250 Posts
For the first time I placed an order using air parcel rather than ems. Order was placed on oct 17. It just barely went through hong kong customs on the 28th!!!!!!! Now "mabey" its on a slow plane to the states??? Waste of time. I shouldda used ems.
topforce is online now Find More Posts by topforce
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:49 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
What we do is this. One club member became a HK distributor, He is able to keep most smaller stuff instock. Yet we can all go in together and make one big order and actually get stuff cheaper.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Lately I have used the EMS and the Registered Air mail from them, it has been taking about a week for both to get to me, but that depends on a lot of things including how long it sits in customs once it gets to the states. The order I'm waiting on now was ordered on 10/16 shipped on 10/18 and was finally scanned in the USPS system in NY on 10/27. With the hurrican there is no telling when of if the package is going to arrive so it's just a waiting game at this point. Out of all my orders with them I think I have only had one that has taken a month to get to me and that was due to chinese new year right after I placed my order.
Nin3rsAllDay is online now Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
I've had good orders stateside usually 3 days to Mi. International registered is less than 3 weeks. I have had ems held up in customs more than the registered shipping packages.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
Hey, you guys want to try living in Australia, and getting stuff shipped from the States. From Tower Hobbies, plane - $99, shipping by USPS, $201!

Seems like USPS is trying to kill small business sales to overseas....

Dave.
suzygs1000 is offline Find More Posts by suzygs1000
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
Everything is slow right now because of the hurricane -- most HK orders go through customs in Jamaica, NY. Once in a while you'll get lucky and it will go through San Fran and get here a little quicker. I normally just choose the regular air mail....in the good ole' days of HK, air mail got to me here in CO in 8 days on the dot, and EMS got here in 3-5. Now I'm lucky if air mail gets it here in two weeks and EMS in the same. It's pretty pathetic and EMS isn't worth the extra money is my opinion unless you are the point where it is just a couple dollars more. Most of it now goes Swiss Post rather than Singapore Post, so it takes a lot longer than before.

Keep in mind most of this is not HK's fault but rather the international mail system. My last order was marked as shipped on the 20th and didn't leave China until the 28th. Somewhere in a postal depot in China my box sat for 8 days without moving. Recent changes to international shipping have made it much slower and more expensive.
Garret
This in my experience is a pretty accurate assessment of the situation. 9-11 days used to be standard even with the cheapest shipping. Now it's running 3+/- weeks after HK ships using International Air.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Just had my box for HK arrive, just under 3 weeks.
Nin3rsAllDay is online now Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Well I had a $126 order in with HK and I found all the parts but 1 in the USA for $12 total and saved that right back with free shipping and there better parts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:01 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,019 Posts
Do you mean the same price as HK with shipping included? The way it's written, sounds like you got $126 worth of parts for $12.

What sources did you use? I'm all for buying stateside if the prices are even near competitive.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:06 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,250 Posts
My package still isnt on USPS tracking.
topforce is online now Find More Posts by topforce
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Do you mean the same price as HK with shipping included? The way it's written, sounds like you got $126 worth of parts for $12.

What sources did you use? I'm all for buying stateside if the prices are even near competitive.
Lolo sorry , ok I got my parts with free shipping on orders over $50 from hobby partz by the time I paid for shipping and waiting 3weeks OR LONGER I'd rather just pay I think it was $12 MORE for my parts . So that's IMHO better parts that was $12 more and I got them in 4 days from ca to sc that's a long way to go and guess what you can actually talk to a live person at hobby partz !!!! The only way I can see how I would buy from HK is it would need to be a big order for a future project and I wouldn't care if it took a month . But when they get the USA warehouse stocked up that could change but I doubt it . The biggest problem I have with HK is , let's say I get a bad battery then I file a ticket , then I get 20?s then they want me to send it to china and I pay shipping !!! With hobby partz you just send them a email and they send you a new Battery or part that's damaged .