SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:21 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Question
Need a new FC for my fpv project.

Looking to build a TBS Discovery.
I just built a HT-fpv with a crius AIO Pro but im unhappy with it.

Sooo im looking to start over. Im going with the TBS discovery and now i need a new Flight controller.. Needs to have GPS return to home function.
I DO NOT want the naza. I just dont have the money to spend on it right now. Maybe in the future.

So, what say you RCG?!
powerstroke01 is online now Find More Posts by powerstroke01
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
697 Posts
I just finished my HT-FPV w/ a Crius AIO and it's great (for me). Why didn't it work for you?
p0st4L is offline Find More Posts by p0st4L
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:04 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0st4L View Post
I just finished my HT-FPV w/ a Crius AIO and it's great (for me). Why didn't it work for you?
I dont know. Its like its on a GIANT pendulum with a 30ft diameter circle. It will fly flat and then if i fly it around it constantly wants to tilt back. If i let the stick go it will go like 30ft and then tilt forward and go into forward flight by itself. Then itll slow down and repeat the process. I dont understand whats going on.
BTW. this is all in stabilize mode.

Also if i try to tell it to return to launch with the gps it will go up maybe 50ft and then stop. It doesnt fly back home.

Im sure its all in the tuning but ive been putting in 12 packs a day for the last week trying to get it right.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:14 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
697 Posts
Sounds like you have a faulty sensor, or board? :x I don't have GPS on my FPV (just the octo) so I can't tell how it reacts to this frame.

Saddest part is, out of all the FCs I've used... (dji, kk, mwc), the Crius AIO is my goto board now.

best of luck to ya!
p0st4L is offline Find More Posts by p0st4L
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0st4L View Post
Sounds like you have a faulty sensor, or board? :x I don't have GPS on my FPV (just the octo) so I can't tell how it reacts to this frame.

Saddest part is, out of all the FCs I've used... (dji, kk, mwc), the Crius AIO is my goto board now.

best of luck to ya!
I really hope its not something with the board.

Is there something in the PIDs that would cause this? Maybe if i post a screenshot someone can help me?
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:36 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,154 Posts
Ok so no naze

So something with Multiwii or MegaPirateNG.

RCTimer has an APM 2.5 for $90 that can run arducopter natively. It what MegaPirateNG is built from and tweak to run on non APM boards.

There's many Multiwii boards. Witespy online store has a few Multiwii board at a good price like the mega 2.0. And he gonna have the Mega 1.0 boards soon and a newer Mega 2.5 board.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:39 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,154 Posts
Reset the Cruis boards and start over. There's been time a bad firmware install can screw things up. Also have a better chance asking in the Crius AIO thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677726
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:51 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Reset the Cruis boards and start over. There's been time a bad firmware install can screw things up. Also have a better chance asking in the Crius AIO thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677726
Whats wierd is that the default settings on the crius with MPNG seemed way off and the thing wouldnt fly. Now, one week later im almost back to the default settings...... I have no idea. haha

Ive tried to get help over there but it seems the question to answer ratio is way off.. ahha

thanks!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:54 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
if you can't get one controller working how you like, the solution is not to buy another. Figure out how to tune the Crius PIDs to your liking.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:59 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
if you can't get one controller working how you like, the solution is not to buy another. Figure out how to tune the Crius PIDs to your liking.
im going to figure it out. I guess i just need more time and to start over. Maybe ive screwed something up. ahha

This isnt my first quad. Ive got a dji 450 with some really cheap board that flys beautifully.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
YES i had my AIO pro do this before i re-flashed it and re-did all the PID's and such after that was fine also bad vibrations can also cause it too make sure you get rid of all the bad vibes
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Openpilot CC3D- you are in luck as there is a kickstarter for it. Usually only people who are directly involved with development have a good chance of getting them. This was what the original first generation CC could do
Open Pilot CopterControl Hands-off demo with tricopter (4 min 58 sec)

You missed out on the kickstarter for the second generation board- CC3D, but now there's a new option for the Revolution, which integrates both GPS and a telemetry module. I suggest you read into it, good stuff.
Lpbug is offline Find More Posts by Lpbug
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:31 AM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
YES i had my AIO pro do this before i re-flashed it and re-did all the PID's and such after that was fine also bad vibrations can also cause it too make sure you get rid of all the bad vibes
Can you give me a brief rundown of what you did?
My quad is pretty vib free now...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:35 AM
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Oct 2011
827 Posts
powerstroke, firstly you should rewrite your multiwii sketch, enable the lowpass filter for gyro(try 42hz), even if your quad is vibration free, it will smoothen your flight, you will thank me after that,

1-calibrate your gyro, acc and mag
2- when your are setting up your card, be sure that your sensors are all off(acc etc.) because you firstly need to tune your gyro pids, if your gyro pids are out of tune, there is no sense to try flying in acc mode, you need to do everthing in order, first gyro pid until it flies comfotably, then you can turn on your acc and try to tune your acc, there is no other healtly way to do this, but when you tuned your board, you will never have to retune it

here are some little videos of me what a multiwii can do in fpv

fpv-rüzgarsız bir gün (6 min 36 sec)

fpv-chasing planes (2 min 45 sec)
deno6031 is online now Find More Posts by deno6031
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:17 AM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Well what do you know. Its flying beautifully! I reset everything and so far it seems better.

Though it still wants to point up like 10 degrees when hovering if i let go of the stick.Its almost like its not balanced.