HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 7oneWo1f, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:07 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,042 Posts
Discussion
MXS flight video, plus observations and tips

The 48" MXS EXP from Extreme Flight is one of the best RC airplanes I've ever flown, and it is reputed to be one of the best ARFs ever.

The following video was taken on a windy day, and isn't my best day at the sticks, but it does illustrate the plane's pitch authority and the harrier stability.

48" MXS EXP by Extreme Flight (5 min 55 sec)

In the video, I do KE-spins, waterfalls, a no-mix cobra/wall, a short roller, some knife edges, and otherwise just have fun in the wind.

All of the hardware included with the ARF is top shelf. The plane comes with racing wing tips, and about the only fault with the 48" version of the plane is that these are difficult to install using the included philips head screws. However, if you use the hex screws listed at the bottom of this post, they should install as easily as the racing wing tips install on the 64" MXS (another fine plane).

I have tried the plane with racing wing tips only, side force generators only (SFGs), both racing wing tips and SFGs, and neither, and have found that it is easiest to dial this plane in with SFGs only. But your experience may very, so try all of the combinations.

What you will need for this plane:
o The Extreme Flight MXS-EXP ARF
o Torque 2814T/820
o Airboss 45A ESC (If in stock, buy the power combo when you buy the ARF for a big discount).
o APC 12x6E propeller
o 2" Red spinner
o Hitec HS-5065MG (x3)
o Hitec HS-5085MG (x1)
o Revolectrix 2200 mah 60/120C 4S Lipo battery

Building tools and supplies:
o Hanger 9 Covering iron
o Thin CA
o 30 minute epoxy
o Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck
o Pin vice
o Small drill bits
o Hitec HPP-21 PC Digital Servo Programmer
o Hobby knife or razor blades
o Sand paper or small file

Misc. and optional upgrades:
o #2x9/16" Servo Mounting Screws
o XOAR Electric Prop 12 x 6
o B&E Graphix/Extreme Flight Red on Air Release
o Xander's precisely cut ultracote hinge seals (Highly recommended way to inexpensively improve performance of control surfaces).
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Nov 01, 2012 at 09:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts