HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:45 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
189 Posts
Discussion
Last weekend was awesome at SHMAC

After we'd all recovered from the electric fun fly, and a weekend of wind following it, last Sunday was fantastic.

8 members plus a few of our kids, and included 2 new members who joined up after the electric show.

A variety of models on show - I flew my VQ Sea Fury with the ASP 61, the Cub with the ASP 61 4-stroke, the Durafly Vampire and the trusty Alpha 40 trainer - some buddy box flights with newbies. Wardy had an electric arvo, with his PZ Stinson, the BNF taxi thing he won in the raffle, plus some recent ebay purchases - lots of giggling there. Brett brought his Hangar 9 P-51 out, so we fly that with him on the box again, and also gave his 10 year old son a go on the trainer. Zac had his PZ ME-109, but the lipo was faulty so we gave him some nitro trainer time on the box as well.

Greg, Scott and John and others all came out for a quiet look and a laugh - it was great warm but clear weather, and some thermals to challenge you if you didn't choose your landing wisely.

Sort of a long weekend for the Melbourne Cup, and looking at two sessions out there, so dusting off some models that haven't had a run lately.

Have ordered a 90-size FW-190 for the ASP 91 4-stroke I bought some time ago, and also scored a secondhand Hellcat on eBay to use the gear from my departed Corsair, plus (finally) a replacement Mach II Sky Raider for the one that suffered from my stupidity and reversed ailerons last year!

Keen to have some tinkering time while waiting for the heat to disappear, so I should be right with that lot...
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts