SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:31 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
I will post what I shot on Saturday and what I shoot today on Sunday later in the week. I have to drive back to Traverse City Michigan today and I was exhausted last night. I fell asleep at my computer and the TV was playing a football game and I woke up and went to bed.

I have to run a few of the photos through Gimp to make them look better.

Thanks for looking everyone. The air races were fun. I raced, my friends said after the heat I was in that they wondered if I entered the right contest. They all told me I was supposed to fly around the pylons, not try to do 3D between the pylons and my one lap lasted longer than all the other races 6 laps. I didn't hurt the airplane, but I provided everyone with many laughs and they wondered how I was allowed to fly in the dome, based on my pylon racing skills.
It was so funny.

More, later, will post them sometime on Tuesday after I vote.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:17 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glider90 View Post
I am new to indoor electric and stopped by the Fest for a couple hours today. saw two profile F-22's that appealed to me. They were actually able to fly very slowly. I think one of them in in your video from the 4 minute to about 4:10 mark on a table (red and blue trim). Does anyone have any information about these, are they a kit? Thanks.
I am not there at the show, but know they have the F-22 through Mountain Models. Here is a link http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=637
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:22 AM
Throw a glider!
Columbus Ohio
Joined Mar 2007
413 Posts
Thanks Mike, I think it was the Mountain Models version.
~Jim
glider90 is offline Find More Posts by glider90
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:46 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
I didn't get near as many pics as I wanted because the first time I went outside for a smoke break, two guys saw me walk to my car with my camera gear, so I kept my eye on them, and they just kept loitering around. So I had another smoke and kept watching them, and it soon became apparent that they were casing out me and the parking lot in general. They just kept standing around talking, and meandering around the parking lot. They didn't go in for the JR Festival, and they weren't interested in any golf activities. I waited for almost an hour and finally gave up and came home, because I didn't want to leave any expensive gear in my car with that suspiscious activity going on
KatManDEW is offline Find More Posts by KatManDEW
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, OH, Pickerington
Joined Apr 2007
3 Posts
The red and blue F-22 you see on the table at the 4 minute mark is mine and it is a dynamic foamy. I applied my own paint scheme. Flies great.
j3dave is offline Find More Posts by j3dave
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Made it home last night about 1:30 AM,. Left Columbus about 4 PM, slept in a rest stop near East Lansing about 2 hours or there about.

Pictures tomorrow from Sat, and Sunday will be posted tomorrow if I get them all done in time.

Thanks everyone for posting pictures and videos here. I really appreciate it.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:24 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
These are what I shot on Sunday, hope the all the photos are helpful to those who can't or couldn't get to the JR Indoor.

This was the BEST EVER year, huge amounts of fun for many. Sunday had more fliers than any Sunday ever. Also

Best built up and scale model planes time ever. I don't think I have seen as many planes in this event ever. They were all neat to see.

So all of you who like to build and fly these time slots were great. I loved seeing all those planes. Some very creative people doing great work. Thank You builders. You All Rock!!!
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Sean Cassidy did some great work. I have seen some of his work on other threads here on RC Groups.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:37 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
Couldn't resist catching this video of Carolynn flying her Champ and enjoying the tunes.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:40 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Bravo Carolynn!! You ROCK Woman!!

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2003
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Couldn't resist catching this video of Carolynn flying her Champ and enjoying the tunes.
Now that's a classic!
Terry N is offline Find More Posts by Terry N
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, OH, Cygnet
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
Nice job Terry, i had a blast this year at the indoor,Thx Brian
sander-man is offline Find More Posts by sander-man
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined May 2003
810 Posts
Conehead, champion of the "regular guys" great pic of me and Dave concentrating..."Don't screw up, He's taking our picture!" LOL
speed2004 is offline Find More Posts by speed2004
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Some Tech one foamy flying at the dome

Tech-one Sbach pilot Joe Smith (5 min 39 sec)
jsmith285 is online now Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:38 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,111 Posts
Another video of Joe Smith doing what he does very well. Joe has some skills. No wonder everyone watches him when he flies.

What a joy to see this young man do so well.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member