HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,199 Posts
Discussion
Eclipse 7 Pro Flap and Landing Gear Operations

I am using an Eclipse 7 QCPM with 2.4 Module. I am a mostly a scale electric powered plane builder/flier and wish I had 3 position flaps with variable lower/raise speeds and elevator/flap offset mix. Also want variable speed landing gear raise/lower speed. Also want differential ailerons simultaneous with the above flap and gear features.

It looks as if the Aurora 9 and DX8, etc., have all of the above capabilities.

It does not look as if the new Eclipse 7 Pro offers the above features and is not any different than my old Eclipse 7 in these specific areas.

Please confirm or set me straight on this. I'm getting ready to upgrade to get these and other capabilities.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
I am using an Eclipse 7 QCPM with 2.4 Module. I am a mostly a scale electric powered plane builder/flier and wish I had 3 position flaps with variable lower/raise speeds and elevator/flap offset mix. Also want variable speed landing gear raise/lower speed. Also want differential ailerons simultaneous with the above flap and gear features.
It looks as if the Aurora 9 and DX8, etc., have all of the above capabilities.
It does not look as if the new Eclipse 7 Pro offers the above features and is not any different than my old Eclipse 7 in these specific areas.
Please confirm or set me straight on this. I'm getting ready to upgrade to get these and other capabilities.
Correct, not available on the Eclipse 7 Pro which is a revamped version of the Eclipse 7.
not enough room on the memory for a total makeover of the firmware.
For additional Eclipse flap mixing, please refer to:
. Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - All Manuals, Addenda, Quick Setup, CCPM and Additional Programming FAQ
Further to the Aurora manual, various user notes are available under:
Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
. Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features ]
(quick search = Ctrl+F & - insert Flap)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:09 AM
United States, NY, Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2003
134 Posts
is there a way to add model memory to the aurora 9 or the Eclipse 7
Falcon26 is offline Find More Posts by Falcon26
Old Mar 28, 2014, 03:09 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon26 View Post
is there a way to add model memory to the aurora 9 or the Eclipse 7
The Aurora 9 has 30 model memory plus any one or all can be transferred to & from a PC giving unlimited models.
The Eclipse 7 Pro has 16 model memory which is fixed.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.