HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Jetfolks
you have me down for a single....right?

is there an eta for the ca warehouse arrival?

thanks
John
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
Jetfolks
you have me down for a single....right?

is there an eta for the ca warehouse arrival?

thanks
John
John,
Yes you are on the list. The planes are all in paint tomorrow and should be ready to ship end of next week
jetfolks is offline Find More Posts by jetfolks
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:25 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfolks View Post
John,
Yes you are on the list. The planes are all in paint tomorrow and should be ready to ship end of next week
Just in time for my birthday! (12-3-71)
av8ersteve is online now Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:33 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfolks View Post
Hi guys,
Have a problem maybe you can help with since I get the same service from HK you all get.
There were no ESC instructions with the kit and the motor was defective out of the box.

Any idea who makes the ESC or how to program it. I get noting but beeps. Move the throttle up and down like normal nothing.

Any ideas on programing it
Thanks
Here ya go.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:41 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Jetfolks,

Any new word? Are you ready to take my money yet Looks like those workers are doing a pretty fine job. There going to want their paychecks pretty soon. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. I hope it's sooner than later. Keep up the good work and this want be the only one of these I get.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
should have pictures of the planes out of paint on the assy line for the servos and EDFs. I post them as soon as i get them
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Almost ready to ship

Photos of the planes in paint. I think they will be finished mid to end of next week then on the boat
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:23 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
How to make the planes lower cost

Guys,
The folks that designed these planes are composite folks and never skimp on materials but have asked me to see what the forum thought about the following changes to make the planes a little lower cost.

First would be to revert to air gear and not using sequencer for nose gear doors with servo. The other thought is to use America ply instead of carbon and G10 for all the formers spars and mounts.

Do not know how much it would lower the cost but some. BTW the PC covered planes will not use any cost down at all because they consider them composite planes and want them to be the best in the World.

Any thoughts or comments would be of interest to them. Remember the customer is always right. The other thing that is important is that they must make money to stay in business.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Personally, I do not want air retracts (I have been down that road). I don't want a thing changed. I will pay the extra for quality, but that's just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:40 AM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,033 Posts
jetfolks,
I personally like electric retracts, and the sequencer for the nose gear will be part of the cool factor I personally don't have an issue of the proposed cost considering what we will be receiving. I would still want mine the way it was first presented, just my thoughts.
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Feb 2006
513 Posts
Go for the Whole Works

Electric retracts, etc plus Carbon & G10 re-inforcemnts. I hope PC (polycarbonate) coating is standard (included) - the way, it is written, it appears to be an option. In fact, if fiberglassed/vacuum-bagged (at least, the wings) is available, I will opt for it.

Thanks for the update.

Del
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:54 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,249 Posts
Keep the electric retracts, ply is good instead of carbon, as the strength of the plane is limited by the weakest link. The weakest link is foam not plywood. Also eliminate the electric sequencer, this can be an option as there are several inexpensive sequencers available.

Al
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Feb 2006
513 Posts
Inexpensive Sequencer

I don't understand the logic of inexpensive sequencer. I expect a factory installed item to be designed, installed and tested in a professional manner. At least that is what I expect!

The cost of buying and installing may end up more expensive.
delperena is offline Find More Posts by delperena
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,249 Posts
Jetfolks:

In actuality, making those changes as suggested, won't save that much when considering the the first shipment. With subsequent shipments, mass produced, the labor price to install the factory options could be increased.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Nov 19, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
More Speed Indeed!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2007
1,033 Posts
jetfolks,
Just keep everything as first proposed. Everyone that is on the waiting list I am sure has the funds or they would not have expressed an intrest, just my 2 cents.
Hossinarizona is online now Find More Posts by Hossinarizona