HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:43 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfolks View Post
I have been asked to see what you all think about retail pricing. I know free is the perfect price. I have been flying rc planes for 40 years so I understand the thought we all have.

Remember these planes have electric brakes, metal gear servos, and all g-10 and carbon construction. It will not be cheap so please give me some realistic input. This company wants to be very involved with the pilots and your input means a lot to them.

The plane will be offered in the following configurations

PnP economy EDF and ESC
PnP Big power EDF and ESC

Complete airframe with landing gear, metal servos and all extensions installed

Any idea on retail pricing will be takes seriously
I'd drop $500 easy for the single if it came with good electo's, servoless retracts, and fan unit like the CS12
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Last edited by av8ersteve; Nov 03, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
I do know that the plane minus EDF cost more than $250 to build. The landing gear alone is around $100. with trailing link and good wheels and tires.

I think Av8tor is closer to the correct price. With the high cost to build something of this caliber direct sales is the only way to get it in the market as far as I know.

When I know what the price will be I'll let you know. The 60 unit build will be complete next week and all will be known. Also remember there is shipping cost involved and a LOT of G10 and Carbon.
jetfolks is offline Find More Posts by jetfolks
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,853 Posts
Quote:
I do know that the plane minus EDF cost more than $250 to build. The landing gear alone is around $100. with trailing link and good wheels and tires.

I think Av8tor is closer to the correct price. With the high cost to build something of this caliber direct sales is the only way to get it in the market as far as I know.

When I know what the price will be I'll let you know. The 60 unit build will be complete next week and all will be known. Also remember there is shipping cost involved and a LOT of G10 and Carbon.
Probably correct. 350-400 is probably closer.. for plane minus EDF ESC and radio
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:09 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskt View Post
Is from Rclander. They post it here somewhere. Has been looking out for it but no further news from them. I guess they are busy launching their new fan unit.
At lest now they are improving their products....Good news for this hobby.
As I heard it, these are being developed in conjunction with Tim Wan at RCLander. He has been working on this project for many months now. I look forward to seeing these become available soon. I added an entry in my RCG Blog on this model in May 2011.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:18 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,040 Posts
Hopefully one can get airframe only. No servos, retracts, etc.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:58 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff View Post
Hopefully one can get airframe only. No servos, retracts, etc.
Bob
+1,

air frame only is perfect option for those who want to get their own gear...

Please have airframe only pricing...

Regards
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
+1,

air frame only is perfect option for those who want to get their own gear...

Please have airframe only pricing...

Regards
but then they open themselves up to having to support technical questions and problems that everyone will end up having. I think including set up proper retracts and the fan and servos (which who knows might be a pain to install) is a really good option actually.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
I think seeing is right on. If they sell an airframe only plane I think people will they will tend to use low cost parts and then the customer questions start being difficult to deal with These planes were designed to be top of the line not low cost normal foam planes.

I do not see an airframe only as an option.

BTW I will have introduction pricing within the hour
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Here is te sticker shock for you all.

The airframe complete with electric retracts, gear door sequencing, metal servos and all carbon and G-10 installed. Painted and all stickers installed. I think you can have the Single and Twin up and flying in about two hours if the EDF is installed.

Retail is $395 USD FOB USA Warehouse.

With the new EDF installed $495 USD FOB USA Warehouse. Single Engine Jet
With 2 EDFs installed $595 USD for the Twin.

The special price for the first 60 planes is $340.00 USD without EDF and ESC. $100 extra each for the EDFs installed.

Let me know if you want one and I will add you to the list. I think the planes are nearly sold out in one week.

If you get one of the first planes and it does not meet your expectations just call the customer service or let me know and you can return it for full credit. No questions asked. These guys want to have happy customers for sure.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:28 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I'd be interested in the single. eagerly waiting.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Luv,
You are on the list, I will let everyone know when the container ships. Do you want one with or without EDF? If you want the EDF we will install it in Asia. THe price for the EDF is a great price installed. I do not think you will get more bang for the buck than this unit, Tim has dine a great job on this.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:47 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
but then they open themselves up to having to support technical questions and problems that everyone will end up having. I think including set up proper retracts and the fan and servos (which who knows might be a pain to install) is a really good option actually.
I agree 100%.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:51 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Here is te sticker shock for you all.

The airframe complete with electric retracts, gear door sequencing, metal servos and all carbon and G-10 installed. Painted and all stickers installed. I think you can have the Single and Twin up and flying in about two hours if the EDF is installed.

Retail is $395 USD FOB USA Warehouse.

With the new EDF installed $495 USD FOB USA Warehouse. Single Engine Jet
With 2 EDFs installed $595 USD for the Twin.

The special price for the first 60 planes is $340.00 USD without EDF and ESC. $100 extra each for the EDFs installed.

Let me know if you want one and I will add you to the list. I think the planes are nearly sold out in one week.

If you get one of the first planes and it does not meet your expectations just call the customer service or let me know and you can return it for full credit. No questions asked. These guys want to have happy customers for sure.
I want a single engine one with everything already installed. Does this put me on the "FIRST" list?
Last edited by av8ersteve; Nov 05, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:26 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Luv,
You are on the list, I will let everyone know when the container ships. Do you want one with or without EDF? If you want the EDF we will install it in Asia. THe price for the EDF is a great price installed. I do not think you will get more bang for the buck than this unit, Tim has dine a great job on this.
I would want the EDF installed if that's ok.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:59 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Jetfolks,

Check your PM, I'm in for one single if any left, or the twin. Either one with all the factory goodies installed.

Al G.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN