HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:38 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
7,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbusa1400 View Post
I...I for one love the new Victory model and can only hope Scott or someone as reputable as him is importing them.
Ditto! The best thing he did was unload 200 lbs of dead weight and move on, I've aleays liked Scott and if he's behind this, even better...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:56 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,197 Posts
To pass the time more guessing:

The plan:

Somehow the plans get to Tim Wan with the idea for the project, build the best foam plane ever.

Someone puts up the money, based on the idea that everyone will work to make this the best foam jet ever.

Who would pay for such a jet? The rich guys in the USA> So, next part of the plan, who is going to import the batch and act as the final quality control. XPS is the answer, because it was their idea and design, three years ago.

The marketing begins, even Pablo wants one. The first batch is made fast, even before the US people can actually see and test the prototype.

We are chomping at the bit to get these planes ASAP, but the US distributor/importer is not happy that the changes were not made. Money is withheld, the product is not shipped, the deal is starting to fall apart. I think that Jim was putting up the money and Scott was managing the deal.

Have you noticed that nobody is refuting the drama that I am posting about.

I WISH THAT I AM WRONG, call me names, but get us the planes. That is all we really care about. We want to show off the planes. To us, these planes are a breath of fresh air.....the hobby needs it.
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,575 Posts
As an outside viewer, it is odd to me that the at least daily posts have stopped.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
30 Posts
It is amazing how members personal dislikes for people get involved and these members start attacking people.

These guys would never have the stones to tell those people to their face their comments.

Put someone in front of a keyboard and it is amazing how brave they become.

It is just sad.
iflyrcjets is offline Find More Posts by iflyrcjets
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
yes
jcd
I added an EDF on your plane
jetfolks is offline Find More Posts by jetfolks
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
are you talking about 1.6 meter PC composite or 2.2 all fiberglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pethergg View Post
Jet folks,
Can you please reserve a fibreglass version for me as I want to bring one to Aus, happy to have the recommended, fan, motor and retracts.
Let me know if you want the 1.6 meter PC composite or the 2.2 meter all fiberglass

I'll take care of it for you and keep everyone informed
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
7,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrcjets View Post
...Put someone in front of a keyboard and it is amazing how brave they become.
Isn't calling someone a wus from behind the same keyboard you are calling them a wus for not having the stones to call a person a wus to their face, an oxymoron?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
I was on an airplane crossing the globe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
What happened to Jetfolks? All of a sudden Jetfolks diappeared and Tim Wan appeared.

You guys should re-read Jetfolks last post, and my following posts. Not that it will change much, I still want the planes even if they are one of a kind.

I hope someone ends up with "the list" and the planes show up in the USA as planned.
Guys Tim was being a good guy knowing I was on a plane back to the USA for the holidays. Jetfolks is still here and will answer everything the best I can.

There were some issues on the Out of the box experience and Tim has done his best to address all of them. He has done a fantastic job with this plane, be patient it is coming and will be available very soon. There will be an announcement on the team and warehousing tonight.

Hang on guys please do not make things up they are doing their best to deliver the best experience possible in this category plane.

NOT EASY
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Go for it Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC View Post
I would love to see the twin with 2-Stumax 90mm in it
I think that might be a real rocket
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Oct 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Isn't calling someone a wus from behind the same keyboard you are calling them a wus for not having the stones to call a person a wus to their face, an oxymoron?
It wasn’t about you, feeling guilty
iflyrcjets is offline Find More Posts by iflyrcjets
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
so is this still the offering? electric retracts w/ e-brakes, metal gear servo's installed with extension, sequencer for gear doors and a PNP power set economy and Big power, Iam assuming the economy edf is the 6s for the twin version and big power is for the single. with edf units, maybe some pics of the hardware are in order I am really tempted to just do the whole PNP big power version
Here is where everything stands now. They are looking at offering a Jet trainer single with 90 mm EDF and 6s. They are working on electric brakes now but no clear timeline yet.

Everything else is the same.

Tim has made magic here I hope everyone enjoys them when they get them
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Al,

Tim has been the manufacturer all along, JetFolks is the distributor/dealer/importer. Now I don't know if the change with Jim and Scott this week will affect anything but I am going to say its all good for now.

Ralph
Ralph,
I am not the importer, dealer or importer. Tim is the manufacturer and has done a fantastic job on this huge project.

There will be an announcement in the next 24 hours that will let everyone know what is happening in the USA market.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Jetfolk is not gone

Quote:
Ralph,

I am starting to think that Jetfolks might be Scott. Regardless of how the other guys read the last post by Jetfolks, I am willing to bet Jetfolks is gone and so might be the whole encheleda.

The order should have shipped by now.

I hope that I am wrong, I want both of these planes.
Tim has been dealing with the final issues that is why the planes have not shipped yet. This is like fine wine.

Please be patient no one has paid a penny for their planes and if anyone wants to cancel their order The company understands the impatients of Americans they are Americans and want you all to have your planes yesterday
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
You did not connect the dots correctly, that is OK

Quote:
1. Jim Drew showed this design three years ago in partnership with their German design firm. The design firm split up shortly after.
2. Now the design shows up with Tim and a mysterious investor nicknamed Jetfolks here in the US.
3. Jetfolks posts his last post that has an angry tone to it, a tone that gives me the feeling that there has been some kind of breakdown and cost miscalculations.
4. Jetfolks goes quiet and Tim takes over.
5 The rumor has floated around that XPS is the US point of entry in the US.
6. Jim Drew of XPS has posted in another thread that he and Scott split up.
7. This split coincides with the last post of Jetfolks. Who do you think might be Jetfolks? In any case Scott of XPS is involved in this project and so is Jim Drew.

Jetfolks posted that he wanted some design changes after the first batch was shown to us, I suspect that the manufacturing company in China balked and the deal started to go bad. This happens all the time with China.

My dot connecting might be wrong, but something with this deal changed. Nobody sells 60 planes at a loss to capture market share. All that happened is that costs increased and the profit disappeared.
People do marketing different all over the world. As I stated I have been on an airplane and in Jet lag for a few days. Tim has and is doing a fantastic job and has addressed all issues given to him.. He has taken China foam manufacturing to new heights and should be given a trophy for sticking to it for such a development project.

There wil be an announcement within 24 hours and all will become clear. BTW Scott is not Jetfolks
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
7,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrcjets View Post
It wasn’t about you, feeling guilty
I didn't think it was about me but still it was just a joke...