HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:36 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbusa1400 View Post
Honestly I hope it is Scott. What a stand up guy. Nicest guy in our hobby!!
+1 to that
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:38 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,584 Posts
What if jet folks is/was Gene?
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vaterra Ford Raptor with AVC
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:45 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
I think I'm going to change my name to Pablo Escobar . Know anyone who can help me with my submarine?
pbusa1400 is offline Find More Posts by pbusa1400
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:10 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,128 Posts
Interesting. Sole owner of a company that makes nothing but empty promises. What a coup. At least some things never change...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
939 Posts
Folks, we know the plane is real and has been built (and flown) by a reputable manufacturer. Rather than derail a promising project with endless speculation, why don't we all step back and let the distributors speak for themselves? If there's a lot invested in the project he/they will want it to succeed and will update us appropriately when able and prepared to do so.

I counsel patience, grasshoppers.
sjw985 is offline Find More Posts by sjw985
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,964 Posts
Really

Jack,

there is no official announcement to that, just what I heard and exactly because of the junk you just posted is why I beleived they kept that out. KEEP THIS THREAD about the Victory Jet. Nobody has made any claims or promises, nobody has been able to make a deposit (I know I tried) so there is no reason for this on the Victory Jet Thread.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Interesting. Sole owner of a company that makes nothing but empty promises. What a coup. At least some things never change...

Jack
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,228 Posts
The second part; more guessing.

We all saw the inventory of completed hulls and wings. Just about that time, Jetfolks posted that he got a prototype and wanted some changes. How could that happen? The batch was already completed and ready to ship. I think that is when the chit hit the fan, too late for changes, and there was a ripple in the force. (Starwars) There was no way that the packing material that was turned into jets was going to be converted back to packing material and new jets made. LOL

Those planes are going to show up somewhere....but where?

I am willing to bet that right now Tim Wan is fuming, someone might be stuck with 60 plus planes. When he calms down he will put his thinking cap back on and figure out how to save this project.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:30 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,603 Posts
2+ to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbusa1400 View Post
Honestly I hope it is Scott. What a stand up guy. Nicest guy in our hobby!!
BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,964 Posts
Tim

Actually Al, Tim is I would say is a little of a perfectionist, He likes his products to perform and takes input seriously. A perfect example of his fan, landing gear and T-33 which all have had changes becuase of input from user. Of course, that was all in the Foam section of the Electric Ducted Fan forums.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
When he calms down he will put his thinking cap back on and figure out how to save this project.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:33 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Jack,

there is no official announcement to that, just what I heard and exactly because of the junk you just posted is why I beleived they kept that out. KEEP THIS THREAD about the Victory Jet. Nobody has made any claims or promises, nobody has been able to make a deposit (I know I tried) so there is no reason for this on the Victory Jet Thread.

Ralph
I think his statement was towards Jim and the new management. It's kind of confusing as who imports these model or who makes them. Suggestion of guys using different names. If we are going to play by the rules lets keep real that's no good and confusing the common consumer.

I for one love the new Victory model and can only hope Scott or someone as reputable as him is importing them. Looking forward to ringing that thing out. Lets see how strong it is!!!

Now this is for the manufacture/ importer or whomever it may concern. Can we have a exact date of when we can purchase and receive them? I will pay for shipping straight from china. I've shipped way bigger boxes. It's expensive but I really want one.
pbusa1400 is offline Find More Posts by pbusa1400
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:29 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I say we all relax and see where this goes. this isn't dead yet. not by a long shot. the only one who can say it's dead it Tim or Jetfolks, whoever that may be. till then, lets just drool over the posted pics and see what we get. anything else is merely congecture and heresay. so many threads go this way and I'd hate to see this one do the same. of course, if it's Curtis, or Gene, or whoever, it may cause a problem, but is it's Scott or someone else completely different, we may not be completely wasted here. I say patience my young padawan.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:40 AM
Not Funny......
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
I say we all relax and see where this goes. this isn't dead yet. not by a long shot. the only one who can say it's dead it Tim or Jetfolks, whoever that may be. till then, lets just drool over the posted pics and see what we get. anything else is merely congecture and heresay. so many threads go this way and I'd hate to see this one do the same. of course, if it's Curtis, or Gene, or whoever, it may cause a problem, but is it's Scott or someone else completely different, we may not be completely wasted here. I say patience my young padawan.

Rich
Not to be too blunt; but have you ever even personally met the guys you mention?
Curtis, Gene, Jim Drew, Scott Bahde?
One has to be careful with characterization based solely through online personae.
That said.....Scott is a really class act. (Well....Al Gutkin too! )
-Mike
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,964 Posts
Red

OK, so I was not too excited about just blue for a Single engine one, but the red on is growing on me.

Victory Jet single with LEDFDPSMBS90-1A10 10S update flying video 20121208 (3 min 54 sec)

Ralph
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:00 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Mike

what does it matter if I've met them? I've spoken to the latter two and they seem like nice guys. I personally haven't had any dealings with Gene and don't personally have a problem with him. although I know those that do. I have had a personal dealing with Curtis and didn't like what I got, or didn't get. my point was/is basically who cares who it is. for me it does not matter as long as it isn't Curtis. other than that, I couldn't give two ^%$# who it is as long as we all get what we wanted in the first place. not sure why you chose to single my post out, when I actually wasn't saying anything negative. simply that we should wait and see who, what, when, where, why. all of the above.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:35 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Jack,

Ralph
First of all, step back and second, the post is about XPS!

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter