to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:20 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
Tim

Al,

Tim has been the manufacturer all along, JetFolks is the distributor/dealer/importer. Now I don't know if the change with Jim and Scott this week will affect anything but I am going to say its all good for now.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
What happened to Jetfolks? All of a sudden Jetfolks diappeared and Tim Wan appeared.

You guys should re-read Jetfolks last post, and my following posts. Not that it will change much, I still want the planes even if they are one of a kind.

I hope someone ends up with "the list" and the planes show up in the USA as planned.
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Ralph,

I am starting to think that Jetfolks might be Scott. Regardless of how the other guys read the last post by Jetfolks, I am willing to bet Jetfolks is gone and so might be the whole encheleda.

The order should have shipped by now.

I hope that I am wrong, I want both of these planes.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
here is Jetfolks last meaningful post, the one you guys are referreing to right
Quote:
Guys,
I want everyone to know so there is no confusion. The EDF and ESC are priced at below cost as a part of this introductory 60 unit price. They can not be purchased after at that pricing. The Company have put these planes out as a special program and can ever offer the planes at these prices ever again.

The company wants to thank everyone for their support
so how do you get from that post to all of a sudden the project is in jepordy
now it sounds like you two (Al and Ralph) have some sort of inside information.....what the heck is going on
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,619 Posts
Er, Scott and Jim as in XPS?
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
1. Jim Drew showed this design three years ago in partnership with their German design firm. The design firm split up shortly after.
2. Now the design shows up with Tim and a mysterious investor nicknamed Jetfolks here in the US.
3. Jetfolks posts his last post that has an angry tone to it, a tone that gives me the feeling that there has been some kind of breakdown and cost miscalculations.
4. Jetfolks goes quiet and Tim takes over.
5 The rumor has floated around that XPS is the US point of entry in the US.
6. Jim Drew of XPS has posted in another thread that he and Scott split up.
7. This split coincides with the last post of Jetfolks. Who do you think might be Jetfolks? In any case Scott of XPS is involved in this project and so is Jim Drew.

Jetfolks posted that he wanted some design changes after the first batch was shown to us, I suspect that the manufacturing company in China balked and the deal started to go bad. This happens all the time with China.

My dot connecting might be wrong, but something with this deal changed. Nobody sells 60 planes at a loss to capture market share. All that happened is that costs increased and the profit disappeared.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
It's watts for dinner
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
944 Posts
I'm sure all will be explained satisfactorily in due course. Patience is one of my few virtues.
sjw985 is offline Find More Posts by sjw985
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
1. Jim Drew showed this design three years ago in partnership with their German design firm. The design firm split up shortly after.
2. Now the design shows up with Tim and a mysterious investor nicknamed Jetfolks here in the US.
3. Jetfolks posts his last post that has an angry tone to it, a tone that gives me the feeling that there has been some kind of breakdown and cost miscalculations.
4. Jetfolks goes quiet and Tim takes over.
5 The rumor has floated around that XPS is the US point of entry in the US.
6. Jim Drew of XPS has posted in another thread that he and Scott split up.
7. This split coincides with the last post of Jetfolks. Who do you think might be Jetfolks? In any case Scott of XPS is involved in this project and so is Jim Drew.

Jetfolks posted that he wanted some design changes after the first batch was shown to us, I suspect that the manufacturing company in China balked and the deal started to go bad. This happens all the time with China.

My dot connecting might be wrong, but something with this deal changed. Nobody sells 60 planes at a loss to capture market share. All that happened is that costs increased and the profit disappeared.

So does this mean this victory will do 250?
pbusa1400 is offline Find More Posts by pbusa1400
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
Nope

And that's why they wanted to keep the other part of it out (XPS). I think they want to sell the planes on their own merit and desing without any of the politics ahead of time. Either way, hope mine comes in soon. PLEASE KEEP THE POLITICS out of this thread

so now that the cat is out, Here is a direct quote from Tim Wan and jetfolks in PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wan
[Hi Ralph,
yes, xtreme power - XPS is main distributor in USA for both version of Victory jet.. JetFolks is the investor of this project.. All foam version planes assembling /painting job are on processing right now..
Pls directly contact with them for further arrangement.
Best regards,
Tim
I had sent that to Tim, because of what Jetfolks had sent to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfolks
Ralph,
Xtreme Power will mist likely be the reps for your area. These planes are not RC Lander planes but belong to another Company.

If you would like to have one of these first 100 let me know, I will put you on the list now. There will be very special pricing for the first planes for sure, they want them in the hands of some very good pilots

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbusa1400 View Post
So does this mean this victory will do 250?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:57 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,971 Posts
John,

Since Al takes trips to Havasu and stops at the XPS shop once in a while, I asked him that if he dropped by, to check on the Victory Jet. I sent him copies of the PM's that stated XPS was the importer.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post

now it sounds like you two (Al and Ralph) have some sort of inside information.....what the heck is going on
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
thank you
hopefully it will get all straightened out.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
761 Posts
Are we still able to get this jet? still waiting for the PC version. and it's PnP version PRICING!

Come on... don't be anti-climax!!!
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:15 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
Ok so who's Jetfolks? I'm lost.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Pablo, we don't know, but my guess is that it is Scott of XPS. Scott was the worker, builder and product manager at XPS. I have the utmost respect for Scott. Jim talks smack allot, but he is a good guy also.Check out what they did last year, log into the web site.

I won't be up there until a week from this Thursday, Dec. 20, I'm sure more info will leak out before then.

Whatever happens this started out as a class act, they did not take our money in advance, they could have, as most of us offered it. I suspect that it will end as a class act also. We will get the planes or we will be happy that nobody ran off with our money.

Tim Wan, we want those planes, even if they are less than perfect, work it out.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
Honestly I hope it is Scott. What a stand up guy. Nicest guy in our hobby!!