SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
I think the planes will ship end of next week after all changes have been verified
jetfolks is offline Find More Posts by jetfolks
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Here are some outside pictures of the foam and PC foam fuse hope this is what you were looking for
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:07 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Did you guys see the size of the wings? This plane is going to be a floater. There is going to be allot of hero pilots at the RC airports because of this baby, it will land itself.

Right up my alley, easy flier with killer landing gear. Electric Al will continue as the forerunner to the future at Circle City Flyers. Mu reputation will be resurrected. LOL

Bob Belluomini, forget it, this plane is not in your category....looks to be way too easy, your buddies from Florida will laugh at you. However, for the rest of us.....we will be kings.

I will accept that. LOL
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:43 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
man it sure looks good, I like the pc version. I have a question regarding the oversized intake was that a guess or was some sort of testing done with diff sizes and that size worked best or was it selected based on fsa.......just wondering

I want to see this single fly........any eta on maiden and possible video
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
jcd,
Ill get a video of the single and Twin during testing I think they were made.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Yes there was a lot of testing done on intake sizes. The lane was going to use a110 mm fan. It will take 100 but the plane is overpowered now.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
Scalefan,
Yes there is a lot of wing and with nearly 90 deg flaps and crow you can make it crawl on landing but it also goes like stink

Yes it actually can be a training EDF plane if one wants to learn on such an expensive jet.

I have flown it many times and it is great. I'll find the videos
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined Oct 2012
125 Posts
spoke with Tim he says all issues should be addressed by December 4th. Hope so
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
4,141 Posts
I don't usually buy foam planes(none in the past 5 years) because they "ding" up so much with hanger rash....a good reason for the PC version.. That said I have seen more and more of the foam type large scale planes look better and better. One thing is for sure I have never seen anyone sitting on the wing of any plane as was shown with the young lady sitting on the wing of this plane. Impressive. I have been saying over and over we need a good light wing loading trainer plane(one which doesn't have wing flex) and I bet this plane would fit the requirement. So.....I have nixed plans to purchase another plane I had in my sight and go with one of these planes once I see a build thread. Once again ....looks impressive.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:41 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Jetfolks,

I buy lots of planes, all facts considered, these planes are not overly expensive.

I cost all this stuff out in advance. Time is also worth money. I can't even begin to describe all the RTF foam planes that I purchased that went straight into the trash after a few flights. Nothing was really re-usable after minor mishaps caused by mechanical failure of weak or defective parts.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,781 Posts
Sure would like to get this beauty in the sights of all my camera gear!

Al, I showed my wife your post and she smacked my face.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:33 AM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfolks View Post
Scalefan,
Yes there is a lot of wing and with nearly 90 deg flaps and crow you can make it crawl on landing but it also goes like stink
So this thing is actually fast on top of everything else? How fast is "goes like stink"? I'm loving everything I see but I wasn't expecting it to be fast as well. Any guesstimates on the stock setup?
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:12 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,802 Posts
Have we heard a ballpark price on it yet?
tulz43 is online now Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:29 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
Have we heard a ballpark price on it yet?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=54
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:36 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Jetfolks

When will the PC coat twin be available to purchase? That's going to be the next one I get.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve