Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Nice project Jack,

I will follow this one.

Jan,
Thanks Jan...going easily forwards...

Got the tailwheel redone,better placement in the end ofthe fuse as the real,also the springload was fixed,took a burner and heated it up and the ca glue vaporised,now the springload is working correctly

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,333 Posts
No problem, Jack. I will be keeping an eye on this one. By the way, there is a thread on ScaleRCHelis.com on a really large scale model of the Seaking. It was a project done in Italy by about 8 guys (not sure about the total number but it was a team build) and the detail level on the exterior is staggering. It looks like it will be a fully detailed interior (how far back it will go is not known yet) and if the exterior is any indication how the interior is going to turn out, it will be a museum piece when finished. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:52 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Found this on the tube, maybe this could be something for mine seaking project, looks
like a easy solution for a nice function.

Test der Schiebetüre Sea King 500 (0 min 56 sec)

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:22 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jun 2010
34 Posts
Hi Jack

Nice project - I love the Sea Kings

The video is mine, this solution is really simple and works very fine.
For me it was important, that we see no linkage from the outside.

If you need more pics about it, take a look into my picasa gallery:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1003656...Rex500Mechanik

Cheers Marcel
webmaxx is offline Find More Posts by webmaxx
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:28 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaxx View Post
Hi Jack

Nice project - I love the Sea Kings

The video is mine, this solution is really simple and works very fine.
For me it was important, that we see no linkage from the outside.

If you need more pics about it, take a look into my picasa gallery:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1003656...Rex500Mechanik

Cheers Marcel
Ah Marcel...thank you, im glad you didnt mind me sharing yours video, it looks so nice with a remote cabindoor, im gone look closer in yours gallery for the inovative solution you did with yours SK

Thanks again!

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:38 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Wow Marcel....youre a good builder, very detailed pictures, im also doing the same paintscheme on mine, you did a outstanding work with all those rivets, where did you get that nice hoist for it.....so its yours video on the tube flying around and hoisting, I even showed it for mine wife and she just smiled....boys with toys...

Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:10 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jun 2010
34 Posts
Thank you Jack, and no problem!

I love to build such small detailed things
My next project is a little bigger, but no less detailed
https://picasaweb.google.com/1003656...eRCHelicopter#

Cheers and have fun at your build!
Marcel
webmaxx is offline Find More Posts by webmaxx
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:26 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Impressive build, looks like its the 53 from Of Helitechnic.
Also the mechanic and motor looks sturdy,you can put the seaking in that one and deploy it somewhere over the sea

Very nice!

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:33 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Thanks To Marcel I got hand of this nice Hoist from Tamiya, for a cost of 27$ shipping included it was worth every dime, it comes complete with motor and electronics,also the hook is provided, gone suit nicely on the SK

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:16 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,035 Posts
Oh webmaxx ! you are super !!!!!!!Thnakyou you have my seaking and the smartmodel rotor blades please contact me . i have some new project for you !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:24 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,035 Posts
It is the first test fly the 500 size seaking . I fly it no flybarless system , so not so stable , i just use finger-system to fly it !
Sea King Trex-500 (4 min 6 sec)
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:07 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen65 View Post
Thanks To Marcel I got hand of this nice Hoist from Tamiya, for a cost of 27$ shipping included it was worth every dime, it comes complete with motor and electronics,also the hook is provided, gone suit nicely on the SK

Cheers
Jack
sorry for a small detour on the thread but do you have a link to that winch?
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:10 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
sorry for a small detour on the thread but do you have a link to that winch?
No problem at all

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/tamiya-c...-90006816.html

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen65 View Post
Awesome, thank you!!!
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:40 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Well, back in business, new hobbyroom done, so god not to be forced to work on the dinnertable no more

Progress on the Sk goes on, have built up a bulkhead for the mechanics, the plan from the first was to somehow place it in the doghouse but since there wasnt any room for that i had to replan, in the end it ended up good, i have made
the "slide in" version on the bulkhead which gives the oppurtunity to take out the mech just by losen 2 screws in the front...easy acces!

Im not really satisfied with the height of the rotorhead,gone decrease the lenght it sticks up from the doghouse, calculated somebit wrong when measured for the bulkhead, fortunally it wasnt to low, tomorrow im takint the bulkhead to a workshop and it gone be lowered by a electrical saw with a laserguide, dont want to do it by hand

The main cabin door is now remote controlled and also the winsch arrived from HK ( Credit to Marcel alias Webmaxx) and works real well.

The scalemarkings are from callie graphichs, must say they have outstanding service, just send in a picture of the heli that have to be cloned and give them the length of yours scaleheli and they will reproduce the stickers, the price is very fair, I payed 27$ international shipping inc for a complete set to the SK.

when I was draving the plan for the bulkhead I totally forgotten the mech was going to tilt somewhat forwards, must be a lucky bastard since that didnt
create any problems ( I payed attention to this when I had ready built the bulkhead) on the tf scalemech theres 3 attaching points, one of these I took apart
and used to create the slide in rail, this was due it was located in the middle of the mech and was hanging in the air when the mech got tilted.

The 5 bladed head is the Tf model 600 head for 10 mm shaft, comes with the adecvate swashplate....really enjoying this build.

Cheers
Jack