SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Build Log
Seaking Project

Hi Guys
Beside the Tiger project im now starting to build mine Century Seaking, for many years this one has been on my mind until now when I finally got the tum out of my a** and purhased it.

The plan is to make it fly with the Tf model Non tail mech and also the Imds system on the tail, since the seaking has a small fin and the stabilizator is fitted on the same height as the tailoutput it probable gone be hard to fit it directly in the tailfin, Kin has suggested to put in the fuse and run it with a flexcable which sounds interesting

The neat size of the mech is giving me a idea to put it as far as possibble in the doghouse of the fuse, since theres no tail to take in consider this shouldt be a problem, atleast at the planning stage..

The mech gone be powered with a Sk 3 competition series motor from Hobbyking alternative a scorpion motor on 6-8 cells,

Please feel free to to give me inputs along the building

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Last edited by viggen65; Nov 03, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:51 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
The progress goes slowly on,yesterday i was to mine local hobbyshop and got
Some brassrails so the cabindoor could be openable.

It looking good with the mechanic but have to get a suitable 5 blade head,on this one the monsterhead dont gone fit well since its just to big,gone check up other brands soon...was looking on heli scale in france,they selling a penta head which looks nice but after some research i i got splitted..

The funkey quality is very satisfying and everything lines up real good.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Got the motormount glued in place,wanted to find a place that in case of demounting wouldnt be to hard to reach,now both motor and cable adapter are accesible without issue,nest step is to made bulkheads for the tailpart of the fuse,since there wasnt any provided with the kit,it doesnt feel good just to glue the tailpart and leave it without any reinforcement,since theres not gone be any tailbom supporting the torque from the sixbladed tailrotor it feels comfortable
To secure whole tailpart with bulkheads to prevent it from twisting when putting loads on it.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:38 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Some yeras ago i bought struts to a smaller jet which never got built,since the provided struts of the seaking wasnt much to hang in the christmas tree i managed to adapt them to the fuse,theres som parts that arent mounted yet which gone be fixed in some days,gone paint the struts in white colour when they are ready,sorry for the bad quality o the pics but its kind of handy to use the
Ipad instead of the systemcamera and a computer.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,663 Posts
This is really starting to look like a great scale heli. Two thumbs up!!
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoraddict View Post
This is really starting to look like a great scale heli. Two thumbs up!!
appreciated,thanks...this is really a pleasure building

Today i have decided on which colourscheme it should be at the end

http://www.scale-rotors.com/galerie/...k5-revell.html

Choosed this since its not the hardest to do with mine skills and it also pleases my eye, also have ordered the graphics from Callie graphics, they have outstanding and fast service, also a very fair price for custom orders, I payed 27$ for a complete set of decals seeing in the provided link, and the price also includes shipping to sweden.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Just a remind the tail drive cable i think is one rotation direction , some of the flixable cable in market is onlt for one direction , so you must check you are using the (twist to tight) , it structur like a spring , you must use the direction is (tight ) . if you twist a spring you will understand the different .Must check it .i see the motor mount position , it is the best idea . if you have choice a scale tail rotor head direction (L or R) it effect you choice the tail rotor spin direction , but you must keep the tail cable is only one direction . if i have no wrong memory . your motor must be rotate CCW if you stand in the tail to see the motor , so the tail cable is ccw too . but after the tit should Left side tail rotor ! So the tail rotor is (Run to backward ) . so you have the right direction in whole drive set . but never try to empty spin the cable even no loading . tit is so easy damage the cable .you disconct the cable to check the motor direction it must be CCW !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:37 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
Just a remind the tail drive cable i think is one rotation direction , some of the flixable cable in market is onlt for one direction , so you must check you are using the (twist to tight) , it structur like a spring , you must use the direction is (tight ) . if you twist a spring you will understand the different .Must check it .i see the motor mount position , it is the best idea . if you have choice a scale tail rotor head direction (L or R) it effect you choice the tail rotor spin direction , but you must keep the tail cable is only one direction . if i have no wrong memory . your motor must be rotate CCW if you stand in the tail to see the motor , so the tail cable is ccw too . but after the tit should Left side tail rotor ! So the tail rotor is (Run to backward ) . so you have the right direction in whole drive set . but never try to empty spin the cable even no loading . tit is so easy damage the cable .you disconct the cable to check the motor direction it must be CCW !
Thanks Kin

First of all, I shouldnt take credit for the motorplacing, it was yours idea from the
beginning, I thank you for that..

Regarding the cable, im gone check it up, Im not gone use the provided century cable
since all people are advicing not to since poor quality and that its also to thin, I have bought the more rigid flexcable from Approach engineering which are used by many scalers with great response.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:50 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,213 Posts
Just share a litte bit experience , but really check the cable using direction .especial in is not from hobby market . , normal market racing boat flixable is 80% CCW , but if your soucing is from other , . you must see the direction first , and Left tail rotor . you need change the tail blade grip holder 180 degree , let the tail rudder control rod pull to be Left rudder .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Nov 03, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:51 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
Just share atlwe bit experience , but really check the cable using direction .especial in is not from hobby market . , normal market racing boat flixable is 80% CCW , but if your soucing is from other , . you must see the direction first , and Left tail rotor . you need change the tail blade grip holder 180 degree , let the tail rudder control rod pull to be Left rudder .
Kin, I got an answer from Dr.tim at approach engineering

he says it doesnt matter which direction, this is due the cable is tripple wounded, not like the older speedos cable which wasnt, good news I think

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:32 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,442 Posts
The Seaking is looking good. Since the Century body is so large, most of the 5 blade heads should look good on top of it. A majority of the mechanism will be inside the body to keep things very scale. From many pictures of it, only the last couple of feet of the main shaft are above the doghouse so from a scale perspective, only 25mm of the mainshaft plus the rotor head will be exposed. Keep up the good work.

Don

Here is a link to a picture of one of ours on a very wet day.

http://www.djkennedy.com/Aircraft/Mi...SABd&lb=1&s=X3
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:39 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
The Seaking is looking good. Since the Century body is so large, most of the 5 blade heads should look good on top of it. A majority of the mechanism will be inside the body to keep things very scale. From many pictures of it, only the last couple of feet of the main shaft are above the doghouse so from a scale perspective, only 25mm of the mainshaft plus the rotor head will be exposed. Keep up the good work.

Don

Here is a link to a picture of one of ours on a very wet day.

http://www.djkennedy.com/Aircraft/Mi...SABd&lb=1&s=X3
Thanks Don,looking on yours picture i now see i have to do som adjustments on
The lenght of the tailwheel.

You absolutly right about the mainhead,should barely stick up of the doghouse,in the beginning my thought was to get another monsterhead same as on mine tiger,the problem with that head is that the linkage going down to swashplate is the same diameter as the swashplate resulting in that the hole in the doghouse has to be very big,mine tiger is 1,7 meter long and even there i had to enlarge
The tophole so it would fit,if to do that on the seaking i would have to go outside the doghouse..
So today i ordered the tf model 5 blade plug and play head,some year ago i built a 500 sized black hawk with that head ( 4 bladed) and i was very satisfied with the quality and it also performed very well in the air

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,442 Posts
There are literally hundreds of photos of the Seaking online but this one shows the rear gear in flying condition. Is the gear on the model capable of collapsing so that it can be good in both conditions? Here is the other picture in fairly high res. Take care.

Don

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4_Sea_King.jpg
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:30 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
There are literally hundreds of photos of the Seaking online but this one shows the rear gear in flying condition. Is the gear on the model capable of collapsing so that it can be good in both conditions? Here is the other picture in fairly high res. Take care.

Don

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4_Sea_King.jpg
No, they are actually not, but i now see that i got to redo the tailwheel completely, it has to be moved backwards, also if judging to the picture whole gearsystem has to be lovered, this is not a problem since its easy to adjust the lenght of the mainstruts

Ps...very nice picture, thanks Don

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:43 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Nice project Jack,

I will follow this one.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman