SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:23 AM
Joined Oct 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Thanks gentelmen that clears up my questions , now left with the is it worth $500 or not. Logic says yes however the way my luck runs if I purchase one now in a few months there will be $300 versions of it on the market but then they will not have such a great proven track record either.

Charles.
34020 posts?! Really?!
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:00 AM
450 Helis Rule!
United Kingdom, England, Saltash
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
Can the self-leveling mode co-exist with the bail-out? In other words... if you have it set up in self-level mode can you still use bail-out or do you have to change the set up to switch from one to the other?
450man is offline Find More Posts by 450man
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:30 PM
United States, LA, Calhoun
Joined May 2012
102 Posts
450man

If you are in self level mode and hit the bailout switch, it will over ride the SL and go to bailout.
cstoutr is offline Find More Posts by cstoutr
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:21 AM
Reno NV
Joined Jan 2006
26 Posts
hc3 sx better translation

Hello just curious if anyone has been able to simplify this setup yet as I have mine sort of setup on my Goblin 700 but hesitant to fly? Everything is moving where it should be and I am not using live tuning as I am dumb to the instructions on how to do that, so I am using the pc software to just set the cyclic and tail gains. No horizon yet or self leveling because I can't figure it out. If anyone has a LAMENS, I mean really dumb it down, and maybe I can get an idea. I have no problem with my chosen SK540 gyros and I love their simplicity and they are rock solid, but for a bird like the Goblin I want to fly with a bail out option, and self leveling for my risk taking actions. Thanks so much in advance to this question and statement

My setup is with a JR11X radio using 2 SAT's and of course the hc3-sx gyro I think that is all that is needed for this question.

Thanks Thewoz
TheWoz is offline Find More Posts by TheWoz
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:47 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
So I take it that the KDS Flymentor is the knock off?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:40 PM
Ohio
Joined Dec 2009
163 Posts
Thanks Watdazit, I hope they are listening but I can't help but be a bit pessimistic about that. It's great that you sent them some feedback regardless.
The SK720 I had was sure a fine piece of hi-tech but I sold it due to the absurdity of all the 'e' BS, for instance having a question and getting am e-mail blurb without punctuation, etc in a few days. No thanks.
You know, it's I believe a situation fairly unique to our hobby where folks can market something, have the customers pay a lot of money for it then be used as lab rats. The biggest laugh I got was an excuse made by some geek saying 'it costs a lot to have technical writers be really thorough". What ? And we give a f... why? In lots of hobbie that sort of nonsense would be met by serious hostility...and lousy sales.
I have the HC3SX and am eager to try it out once I get the heli together it's going on. I'm also one of those guys who is frustrated programming these things with all their vaque instructions,and wish to God hi-tech heli stuff and horrible directions didn't go so hand in hand.
I'll keep following this thread and hopefully learn more about it.
doug47 is offline Find More Posts by doug47
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:06 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Doug, if you have any problems setting up the HC3SX, you can call Danny at Demon Heli/Esprit, and he will talk you through it. He does a great job at explaining the set up.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:07 AM
Ohio
Joined Dec 2009
163 Posts
Hey, thanks CSpaced, I'll do that too ! I just got done unscrewing an order (MY Fault) at Esprit. I'd ordered some things from them before and man are they nice people.
I ordered more of those "Spin" semi-symetrical blades and they are beautifully made,and outstanding performers.They offer outstanding stability, forward flight,thrive on low rpm and I'm a fan.
Esprit is right at the top of places I'll buy from, that's for sure. Doug
doug47 is offline Find More Posts by doug47
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:43 PM
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Feb 2012
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug47 View Post
Thanks Watdazit, I hope they are listening but I can't help but be a bit pessimistic about that. It's great that you sent them some feedback regardless.
The SK720 I had was sure a fine piece of hi-tech but I sold it due to the absurdity of all the 'e' BS, for instance having a question and getting am e-mail blurb without punctuation, etc in a few days. No thanks.
You know, it's I believe a situation fairly unique to our hobby where folks can market something, have the customers pay a lot of money for it then be used as lab rats. The biggest laugh I got was an excuse made by some geek saying 'it costs a lot to have technical writers be really thorough". What ? And we give a f... why? In lots of hobbie that sort of nonsense would be met by serious hostility...and lousy sales.
I have the HC3SX and am eager to try it out once I get the heli together it's going on. I'm also one of those guys who is frustrated programming these things with all their vaque instructions,and wish to God hi-tech heli stuff and horrible directions didn't go so hand in hand.
I'll keep following this thread and hopefully learn more about it.

Hi, don't know if this thread is still active, but this was my comment on another forum, seems I'm not the only one who is tired of rubbish instructions:

I want to try FBL flying but am totally put off by the apparent fear/confusion going around these forums as to setting them up. I'm considering the Ikon/Brain as I believe you can set it to fly docile "almost like a co-axial" then gradually dial out the stability when you get more confident. I have a Blade 450X which has only been test hovered so far. I can fly flybarred fine (T Rex 550 and my Blade 450 3D) but it seems odd to me that these manufacturers are able to design very clever FBL systems but seem hopeless at writing instructions on how to use them!

Other than my BeastX AR7200BX on the Blade 450X, which I left at defaults, I have no experience of FBL systems. Our models are usually very expensive and the fear of setting something wrong is ever present. I read about people having trouble setting them up everywhere. Are they really that difficult and don't you feel it's time that companies like HeliCommand, MSH, Shookum and the rest all put the same effort into their instructions as they put into producing their clever electronics?

As I say, I haven't tried them yet but this is due to the setup tales of woe I keep hearing. I know of one very experienced pilot who said that it was a nightmare setting up the HC3SX. Does it really have to be this bad? We can fly men to the Moon, send satellites to outer space to take pictures of our Solar System, but we can't write clear instructions!!
tonycopter is offline Find More Posts by tonycopter
Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:27 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycopter View Post
I know of one very experienced pilot who said that it was a nightmare setting up the HC3SX.
My buddy set up the HC3SX as his first ever flybarless controller, and he didn't have any problems. I've set it up myself several times, and it is a far cry from the nightmare you seem to think it is. I know many pilots using the HC3SX, and they didn't have any problems either.

Go read about the software at the beginning of this thread, look at the screen shots, and judge for yourself. Here in the USA we have a great rep that we can talk to directly, both on the phone and at many of the popular flying events. I would find out who your rep is, talk to them first. Then, if the screenshots look confusing, or you get no joy out of talking to your rep, or you actually try to program the gyro yourself and find it impossible to understand, then, feel free to come online and bash the manufacturer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:34 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
can this be used on my Flybar Trex600
and will it help keep my bird in the air if I loose some control of it?
thanks
Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:37 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
can this be used on my Flybar Trex600
and will it help keep my bird in the air if I loose some control of it?
thanks
Yes it can be used on your heli. You have to flip a switch to activate the bail out feature, as soon as you hit the switch the helicopter will self level and climb skywards.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:48 PM
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Feb 2012
106 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm only mentioning what i've heard people say on forums, i'm not bashing anyone. I have a flybar T Rex 550. I thought the 3SX was only for FBL helis. If it will work on FB, I'm having one!
tonycopter is offline Find More Posts by tonycopter
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Aug 2003
27 Posts
Helicommand/Bavarian Demon HC3-SX

Hey Guys. Just now joining in on this discuss.

I purchased two SX's at IRCHA last year and with the help of Danny and Jo at Captron had them setup and flying well after a couple of flights.
When I went to IRCHA I was really looking forward to checking these units out. I had a couple of good crashes just prior and the bailout feature had great appeal. After a demo I was convinced and bought the two units.

I installed them in the hotel that night with no help. I was told to try to set them up myself and then bring them back to the Danny's tent the next day to be looked over by the experts. The setup was spot on. A couple of minor setting adjustments were made at Jo's recommendation. Nothing major.

They both flew wonderfully. I passed the Synergy E6 off to a another team pilot to get an opinion. We gave them two thumbs up.

I had been flying VBars and I could see little of no difference in the way they flew. Aside from the bailout that is!

I now own 4 units and just placed an order for a 5th one. Some folks balk at the price. I can attest that at least once a month the bailout has saved my heli. At a minimum of $200 per crash each unit has easily paid for itself. Th Extreme unit is also a good value. Basically you get all the functionality of a Pro VBAR at a lower price and they DO fly as well (if not better). IMHO.

I am now a Field rep For Helicommand/Bavarian Demon and have talked several people through the setup over the phone. If anyone needs help with these units please fell free to PM me.

Cheers,
Alan
flyalan is offline Find More Posts by flyalan
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
who has the lowest price on this unit?
thanks