HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
Discussion
Annoying Banner Ad Links

I really do like the banner ads here on RCG. They are targeted and useful for me. It's one of the best ways I have to keep up with the latest and greatest that this hobby has to offer. And of course, they have driven my spending too.

To that end, I do have a little gripe about some banner ads. Like...

An advertiser that uses a banner ad to promote product XYZ then links to their main web page, leaving me to fend-for-myself to locate the XYZ product. Frankly it puts me off and I just close the link to move on with what ever I was doing on RCG before I clicked the banner ad. It's a missed advertizing opportunity for the retailer when I choose to do this. I'm a typical American with a 2.4 second attention span.

Not all advertisers do this. In fact, many are excellent in linking to the XYZ product being advertized.

But lets say, oh I don't know... maybe a certain new Hacker motor catches my eye in a banner ad (Hacker is not the advertiser) and I click on it...

If this means anything to RCG advertisers, well....
Gary Warner is offline Find More Posts by Gary Warner
to remove ads between posts