HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Sep 2012
288 Posts
Question
Anyone have a small 3D profile plane or micro parts to make one?

Hey guys, I'm enjoying the little UMX Sbach 342 AS3X that I picked up, but have come to the conclusion that it's probably not the best plane for me to use for trying 3D maneuvers for the first time.

I figured I would check to see if any of you had an old, battered, or unused (cheap) profile plane that I could purchase. It would be a bonus if it was small enough to fly indoors this Winter but I'm open to other sizes. Alternately, if anyone has a junked or beat up micro flyer that I could purchase to salvage and use for an ARF build, that would be great as well.

Thanks guys!
Justin
justinlee1 is online now Find More Posts by justinlee1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,010 Posts
Ill pm you tonight. I have both!
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:23 PM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
Joined Jul 2004
829 Posts
Micro planes are incredibly hard to 3D. They have to be flown fast just to keep them in the air. I would recommend looking for a cheap profile foamy such as the Techone planes (I think NitroPlanes carries them now).

-Chris
Khosravi is offline Find More Posts by Khosravi
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,575 Posts
Or go to twisted hobbies and get the crack yak!!!!
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
288 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply. What do you have?

Thanks,
Justin
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:02 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,010 Posts
I have a 16 inch profile slick. It's a milled depron kit that uses the brick and guts of an extra 300, I've flown it outside when calm or indoors. BNF.

Also a micro T28 basher.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:26 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,193 Posts
I have micro ParkZone guts if you are interested...
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:38 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
i love my lil extra 300 micro but i knew how to 3d before ever owned one, so not sure its easy for newbies however my gf hovered it within 5 secs of first time flying but shes had lot of time on my 32" flat foamy plane hovering before also thing is its fragile brealy hit something and you break it

date on vid way wrong this was last yr dec
Flying extra 300 thro the house.AVI (2 min 34 sec)
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:05 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,327 Posts
Is the t-28 available?
HomeDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HomeDaddy
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:41 AM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,010 Posts
If you are referring to my micro T28, yes I still have it.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:56 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,327 Posts
If Justin doesn't want it I may be interested. Price?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDaddy View Post
If Justin doesn't want it I may be interested. Price?
How's $45 sound?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:10 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,327 Posts
Sounds pretty good. I'll let ya know soon. Thanks!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
288 Posts
I love my micro T-28 enough that I've been tempted to pick up another, but can only fly one at a time. $45 is a great price and you wouldn't regret it...

As an update to this thread, I appreciate the advice and offers that have come in so far. I still need to get back to a few people but have been especially busy with childcare since the wife is away at a conference this week.

On a interesting note, I might be swapping one of my trade items for a well-used eflite extra 260 bnf balsa. There are many reasons why I shouldn't be getting a balsa, but I figure that I'll be ready for it by the time I get a little more practice on the AS3X Sbach. Hope this deal goes through, so we'll see what happens.

The colder, windy weather has had me thinking about indoor flying with smaller EPPs. Anyone else looked down this path? What did you come up with. And how did if work out?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlee1 View Post
I love my micro T-28 enough that I've been tempted to pick up another, but can only fly one at a time. $45 is a great price and you wouldn't regret it...

As an update to this thread, I appreciate the advice and offers that have come in so far. I still need to get back to a few people but have been especially busy with childcare since the wife is away at a conference this week.

On a interesting note, I might be swapping one of my trade items for a well-used eflite extra 260 bnf balsa. There are many reasons why I shouldn't be getting a balsa, but I figure that I'll be ready for it by the time I get a little more practice on the AS3X Sbach. Hope this deal goes through, so we'll see what happens.

The colder, windy weather has had me thinking about indoor flying with smaller EPPs. Anyone else looked down this path? What did you come up with. And how did if work out?
They recently released a lighter EPP crack yak like i let you fly the one time at noonday, if i was looking for a good indoor machine that's where i would be going.

When your ready to go with that eflite extra we can put you on the buddy box if you want.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102