HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,642 Posts
Seriously. I think it's reasonable to price the blades at an even $1.

And the $1-3 first class is perfect pricepoint for accessories. I'd keep that option.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:22 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Well tried an order and got an order error. Not sure what it is but I imagine it will get figured out.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Well tried an order and got an order error. Not sure what it is but I imagine it will get figured out.
Sending ya a PM
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Massive,

Have you had any contact with the folks who make/sell the Husban X4? If so, do you plan on carrying them at some point? I read bit's and pieces of about how their having some sort of trouble somewhere along the line, I just can't remember exactly what the problem was.

Anyhow, I honestly wasn't planning on buying one of these tiny quads until I seen Warthox's vid where he was flying the X4 in some really strong wind. It suprised the heck out of me how well it flew.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:08 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Massive,

Have you had any contact with the folks who make/sell the Husban X4? If so, do you plan on carrying them at some point? I read bit's and pieces of about how their having some sort of trouble somewhere along the line, I just can't remember exactly what the problem was.

Anyhow, I honestly wasn't planning on buying one of these tiny quads until I seen Warthox's vid where he was flying the X4 in some really strong wind. It suprised the heck out of me how well it flew.

-Pat
It's too bad, because the Hubsan is such an excellent quad, but Hubsan just can't keep up with demand. Our inquiries were replied to with 15-20 day lead times after payment. Then the order has to be shipped. Sure we could jump on the bandwagon and order some but it's bad business practice with that kind of turn around time, especially when people will need spare parts. My Hubsan didn't come with squat for spares when there's clearly compartments made in the packaging for them.

Look at the Hubsan thread where the reps were asked support questions. The only replies were more advertising videos, except for the gyro reset bit.

Our supplier won't carry Hubsan because they lost business because of them. It's a shame that such an awesome product has such poor management.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Massive,

Have you had any contact with the folks who make/sell the Husban X4? If so, do you plan on carrying them at some point? I read bit's and pieces of about how their having some sort of trouble somewhere along the line, I just can't remember exactly what the problem was.

Anyhow, I honestly wasn't planning on buying one of these tiny quads until I seen Warthox's vid where he was flying the X4 in some really strong wind. It suprised the heck out of me how well it flew.

-Pat
You too?! I saw that video just yesterday. He flew that thing almost like it was one of his diy quads. He must have excellent vision to keep orientation at those speeds. It's definetly on my "to get" list along with the mini-pet. I guess you could use offbrand motors and LB\Mini-pet props on it in the meantime.

Massive, if you did get some you could make a killing undercutting Traxxas. Especially if you all create a youtube channel and nice flight videos.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:40 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
It's too bad, because the Hubsan is such an excellent quad, but Hubsan just can't keep up with demand. Our inquiries were replied to with 15-20 day lead times after payment. Then the order has to be shipped. Sure we could jump on the bandwagon and order some but it's bad business practice with that kind of turn around time, especially when people will need spare parts. My Hubsan didn't come with squat for spares when there's clearly compartments made in the packaging for them.

Look at the Hubsan thread where the reps were asked support questions. The only replies were more advertising videos, except for the gyro reset bit.

Our supplier won't carry Hubsan because they lost business because of them. It's a shame that such an awesome product has such poor management.
I see, and completely agree with your stance on this matter. Maybe/hopefully sometime down the road they'll get things straightened out. My advise to them would be to hurry-up soon before the X4 gets passed-up by a newer model. Thanks for taking the time to explain Massive, I appreciate it.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
You too?!
Yup, got me good!

However, I think that guy could strap motor's on a toaster and make it look good...Hell of a pilot.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:47 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
If we carried them, we would have to sell to this subforum only as you all already know what's up. Many of us love this thing so much we're willing to put up with some of the BS. We wouldn't sell it to the general public.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
Registered User
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
What would be cool if you all hooked up an exclusive quad with a manufacturer. Especially if they took your alls advice on a build. I'm sure you have many evil flying machine schemes and dreams.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:29 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
If we can't get this shipping software to cooperate, we may just increase our prices and give free Priority or First Class shipping depending on the order size. You all have been understanding but once we officially launch, it's going to turn away customers.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
From the customer perspective, having shipping cost included in advertised price (i.e., "free shipping"), is most attractive (assuming the increase from original price is not unreasonable). Relieves the need for mental allocation for shipping cost when shopping/browsing.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
From the customer perspective, having shipping cost included in advertised price (i.e., "free shipping"), is most attractive (assuming the increase from original price is not unreasonable). Relieves the need for mental allocation for shipping cost when shopping/browsing.
Yep, saves headaches on both ends, the Mini Pet pretty much ships anywhere in the US for under 11.00, it's the smaller accessories I'm worried about.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:02 AM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
Ebay link is up: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261128778296

Sorry Amazon buyers, the deadline to submit for them during the Holiday Season was Nov 13th, and in addition, any problems with the product are handled by them. I'm sure they're more than capable to do flight testing
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
JWinNewPhila's Avatar
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
148 Posts
Received my order today!

Although I think you sent me the wrong package MO.......

Aren't these boxes suppose to be all dented up and look as though they have been thrown and kicked about on their journey to my home? WELL THIS ONE ISN'T!

It doesn't get any better than the service from MO guys! Ordered Tues....At my door Friday! Everything was packaged carefully, and like I said.... I have never received a package in the mail in this good of condition!

Keep it up MO and I'm sure you'll have a lot of happy customers!
JWinNewPhila is online now Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Getting married ? Obama wants your money realtimerecon Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 Jun 24, 2012 04:04 PM
Discussion Higher HEalth Care Taxes If You Are Married Real Ira Life, The Universe, and Politics 18 Jan 10, 2010 11:04 AM
Those of you who are married NewbieX Life, The Universe, and Politics 27 Jul 15, 2003 09:47 PM
Gonna get married: advise/warning wanted!! RookieOne Life, The Universe, and Politics 32 Apr 25, 2002 12:24 PM
Getting Married.....see you all in a few weeks !!! Alan W Life, The Universe, and Politics 25 Jun 11, 2001 05:13 PM