HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:07 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Yahoooooo - first order at MassiveRC

Well made my first order. Shipping was a little higher then I thought it might be but I can live with it. Now the anticipation of the wait
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:16 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
"Finally 40 units are reserved for Amazon price gouging, "

Well I need to get around to creating a paypal account then. The only reason I like using Amazon is because I can get a giftcard at the grocery store and skip the whole creditcard company and paypal middlemen. It's the only way I'm ever going to get those GWS props for my V929 (you should think of carrying those actually).

Question: Do the U816, Minipet, V939, and X4 use the same battery???
Variant, you're getting gouged more by Amazon because they charge 15% vs PayPal's or Ebay's 3%. Of course the vendor is charged that, but those charges are passed onto the price of the product.

I see some of you guys putting orders in already. I'm in a quandry here because we weren't going to officially take orders until the end of the week to verify shipping costs, but I can't put the store in catalogue mode (you can see items but can't purchase) as we're testing the workflows to make sure everything works correctly.

There's a battery thread where the U816 battery came in first, then the Mini Pet, and the V939 came in dead last. I can't remember where the X4 came it, but it was no slouch.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
I did not know that you were not taking orders. Well I couldn't help myself.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:34 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Cheers Makdaddy, you won't be disappointed! But please bear with us as we work out the final details... you won't believe how much we appreciate the support guys!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
I did not know that you were not taking orders. Well I couldn't help myself.
No Mak, I'm sorry there's not a better way to test the site, although your pre-mature order actually helped us find a bug. I've disabled the Candian currency module as your order was calcuated in that currency. Let me know if you got the email I sent via the Store.

When we do launch and you all get any errors (especially PayPal), please PM me, but also call Paypal as it's much easier to debug issues from the client end.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:19 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
I was hoping I would be the first customer
Oh well, guess I'll have to live with second place.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:29 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Wow! I didn't visit this thread for a few weeks.
Congrats to James and MO!
Wishing you guys lot of success and fun!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Wow! I didn't visit this thread for a few weeks.
Congrats to James and MO!
Wishing you guys lot of success and fun!
Thanks Kosem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I was hoping I would be the first customer
Oh well, guess I'll have to live with second place.

Gerard.
You are the first customer!!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:59 AM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
148 Posts
Ooooops..... I've just been checking the site out daily and saw that there were prices so I ordered. Sorry....
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thanks Skitchen, actually I'm surprised they were working today and they were able to move us to production, so the USPS shipping module actually works now. I also called PayPal and they had a misconfiguration on their end so PayPal now works if you have a PayPal account, and will still will process your CC payment if you don't have one.

You'll see we have 55 inventory each of the yellow and red Mini Pets = 110. Anything ordered directly from MassiveRC Store will track inventory. Anything sold on Ebay I'll have to deduct manually from the MassiveRC Store. Finally 40 units are reserved for Amazon price gouging, which I'll move back to Store if need be.

The reason for the watermark isn't only for ownership, but hopefully people who see 'MassiveRC.com' on an image on the Amazon and Ebay stores will put 2+2 together.
Thank you for the response, it seems you settled on practically the same solution as I did then. I was hoping you had something better so I could ummm borrow your idea

I'm glad that USPS was quick for you, and the integration seems easier on presta than it was for me.

Now hopefully at the end of the week I'll have a few extra bucks to test an order. "I know I didn't need anything hunny, but I was testing their systems, so really it is a charitable donation for which I receive a prize."
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Ooooops..... I've just been checking the site out daily and saw that there were prices so I ordered. Sorry....
Your Mini Pet Order #1. Going to the post office this AM. Unless the post office says the shipping costs are off, it will be on it's way.

Guys if you want to go ahead and place orders, you can do so but please understand this:

If USPS shipping quotes are spot on, then I'll ship any orders this week as soon as I can, but if they're off, then it may not be until Friday.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
I will wait until Friday, just to avoid any confusion (mostly on my part) or problems with shipping. Whats a few days when shipping from US.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Variant, you're getting gouged more by Amazon because they charge 15% vs PayPal's or Ebay's 3%. Of course the vendor is charged that, but those charges are passed onto the price of the product.
That depends. There are some bargains on there. I just ordered two rtf V949s on there for $52 each with free shipping. Thats not much more than Banggood. Still have to wait a few long weeks, of course. I've never had any problem with an order off Amazon, or undue delay really. It's been convenient but not conistent or useful for spares and accessories, like you guys. I'd definetly rather order from within the USA.

By the way, you should put a link to your store on the first page of this thread. You guys have some great prices on your spares.

Does anyone have a link to that battery comparison?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:20 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,703 Posts
V,
Here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=63
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
That depends. There are some bargains on there. I just ordered two rtf V949s on there for $52 each with free shipping. Thats not much more than Banggood. Still have to wait a few long weeks, of course. I've never had any problem with an order off Amazon, or undue delay really. It's been convenient but not conistent or useful for spares and accessories, like you guys. I'd definetly rather order from within the USA.

By the way, you should put a link to your store on the first page of this thread. You guys have some great prices on your spares.

Thanks for the tip, first page updated. Amazon has been convenient from my orders and you're right, they do have good deals, but you'll pay about 10 bucks more on average on the quads I've seen.
Site Sponsor