HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Guess you can't please everyone oh well.
That's right, man. Just go with your instincts. The success of your endeaver likely will not depend on how pretty/unique/memorable your logo is.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,970 Posts
I really like the night logo. We're keeping it

Finally got some video of the Mini Pet with the 808 cam. My first 6 axis quad. The accelerometers really help out in steadying her in the wind and with the camera mounted:

MiniPet with 808 camera installed (3 min 36 sec)
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Guess you can't please everyone oh well.
First rule of business. LOL

Too much to do when launching. Move on and revisit the logo at a later time. More important to get the products up and ready before the holiday. It's already a little late. But at least you can get the people looking to move up after they get bored of their 2ch and 3ch heli they received as gifts during Christmas.

Two years ago, first week of Jan when stores were reopening, I had my wallet out to buy a couple of more "hobbier" grade heli than the one I was given as a gift. It all went down hill from there.

There's gonna be growing pain. It's how well you handle those and get through it that will define your store.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:04 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
That's right, man. Just go with your instincts. The success of your endeaver likely will not depend on how pretty/unique/memorable your logo is.
I don't care either way, graphic design is a hobby of mine and something I went to school for, I was just offering to help. I'll shop here either way.

However I will say that a logo design can be important for a business. Customers (not from here, we all "know" the owners of the site and trust them) generally can be wary of giving their credit card number to a site with an unprofessional look. I'm not saying this will be the case with all the customers, but a logo designed in Paint can say to some people "I don't care enough to put real effort into this." There is a reason companies pay design houses millions of dollars for logo and graphic design.

I wasn't suggesting that time be taken away from the site by the site's owners, my suggestion was letting people that have the time/experience give it a shot and see what they come up with.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,242 Posts
I do wholeheartedly agree with the opinions of skitchen though. (I wonder why he didn't offer me any help? LOL)

There's a lot more involved in logo design. It gotta stand on it's own, even when shrunken down.

It should be a vector graphics from the start. So you can easily use it in a variety of ways in the future.
Last edited by Daryoon; Nov 12, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:11 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,257 Posts
Off topic, but not really

I've found sth. similar on a Ren fair.

nice graphic design on the buckler shield - but not really appropriate.
-mike.
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:17 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,242 Posts
Isn't that the Google Chrome browser logo?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Why yes, yes it is
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,970 Posts
I appreciate the advice on the logo, we can always change it in the future, but Daryoon's right, priorities. BTW Daryoon, I've updated all the pictures with our own (except for the canopies).
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:45 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Shipping fee question

MO, I'm a little confused on shipping fee, is it free shipping within US? The last step before payment on the web site indicates free shipping for "in store pick up/local sales", does local sales mean anywhere in the US? Thanks.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
MO, I'm a little confused on shipping fee, is it free shipping within US? The last step before payment on the web site indicates free shipping for "in store pick up/local sales", does local sales mean anywhere in the US? Thanks.
Hey Stone, local essentially means in-person where nothing has to be shipped. I'm going to the post office tommorrow to verify the cheapest prices, especially props and small items packed in padded envelope. You order 3 sets of blades, you won't be charged shipping on 3 sets, but just the one (well unless you order 100 sets). Some of the pricing isn't available online, which is why I have to go to the post office to verify.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
No success with the postal service API yet? I had similar issues setting up a shop using cube cart, its a pain.

http://www.webhostinghub.com/support...hipping-module

Maybe that could help?

Also, if i remember correctly USPS was not exactly quick about the move to the production server, nor the initial confirmation of the developer account either.

Also, out of curiosity how do you plan to do inventory management once you start selling on amazon? I ended up for the last site I did splitting inventory between etsy and the online shop and then just occasionally moving pieces around to avoid the possibility of someone ordering on one site before i had the chance to update inventory from an order on the other site. I had considered scraping email automatically but figured the script would probably be more challenging to implement than the rotation system i ended up using.
Last edited by skitchen8; Nov 12, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
No success with the postal service API yet? I had similar issues setting up a shop using cube cart, its a pain.

http://www.webhostinghub.com/support...hipping-module

Maybe that could help?

Also, if i remember correctly USPS was not exactly quick about the move to the production server, nor the initial confirmation of the developer account either.

Also, out of curiosity how do you plan to do inventory management once you start selling on amazon? I ended up for the last site I did splitting inventory between etsy and the online shop and then just occasionally moving pieces around to avoid the possibility of someone ordering on one site before i had the chance to update inventory from an order on the other site. I had considered scraping email automatically but figured the script would probably be more challenging to implement than the rotation system i ended up using.
Thanks Skitchen, actually I'm surprised they were working today and they were able to move us to production, so the USPS shipping module actually works now. I also called PayPal and they had a misconfiguration on their end so PayPal now works if you have a PayPal account, and will still will process your CC payment if you don't have one.

You'll see we have 55 inventory each of the yellow and red Mini Pets = 110. Anything ordered directly from MassiveRC Store will track inventory. Anything sold on Ebay I'll have to deduct manually from the MassiveRC Store. Finally 40 units are reserved for Amazon price gouging, which I'll move back to Store if need be.

The reason for the watermark isn't only for ownership, but hopefully people who see 'MassiveRC.com' on an image on the Amazon and Ebay stores will put 2+2 together.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
"Finally 40 units are reserved for Amazon price gouging, "

Well I need to get around to creating a paypal account then. The only reason I like using Amazon is because I can get a giftcard at the grocery store and skip the whole creditcard company and paypal middlemen. It's the only way I'm ever going to get those GWS props for my V929 (you should think of carrying those actually).

Question: Do the U816, Minipet, V939, and X4 use the same battery???
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Question: Do the U816, Minipet, V939, and X4 use the same battery???
cmiiw, they have the same "walkera connector"
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit