HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
Quit worrying about what to get. Just buy one and have fun. As soon as I saw the Husban was very fragile, I opted for the 202. This was even before I got my X1, Amazon Prime, and flew the thing at dusk and again in the dark last night. Orientation is tough in the dark, but I had fun.

I just wish all the batteries I have didn't have v911, blade or walkera plugs on them!

Anyone know a way to change the plugs with an adapter? 2 v911 batteries would be fun! That would be 1s2p wouldn't it??
Check out my old post where I used 2 V911 batterieds in my old V939:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=14

I simply soldered on 2 E-Flight connectors directly onto the RX board, but a Micro-Losi to dual E-flight adapter would probably be better.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:44 PM
United States, MD, Havre De Grace
Joined Dec 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
Quit worrying about what to get. Just buy one and have fun. As soon as I saw the Husban was very fragile, I opted for the 202. This was even before I got my X1, Amazon Prime, and flew the thing at dusk and again in the dark last night. Orientation is tough in the dark, but I had fun.

I just wish all the batteries I have didn't have v911, blade or walkera plugs on them!

Anyone know a way to change the plugs with an adapter? 2 v911 batteries would be fun! That would be 1s2p wouldn't it??
I hear you. Wouldn't it be nice if all one cell [3.7v] were standardized to one plug, and two cell [7.4v] to a plug, and so on etc.? Standardized to the same plug by volts ? Maybe someday. A man can dream I guess.
gamjamm is offline Find More Posts by gamjamm
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:23 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjamm View Post
I hear you. Wouldn't it be nice if all one cell [3.7v] were standardized to one plug, and two cell [7.4v] to a plug, and so on etc.? Standardized to the same plug by volts ? Maybe someday. A man can dream I guess.
Most plane guys standardize all their batts. to a single style plug. But they would be too bulky and heavy for the mini's.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
1,002 Posts
Did a little moding on my 959. Can't see the LEDs but I have a set from MO in each arm.
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Dec 2009
343 Posts
MasiveRC packaging.

Just received my v202 and spares from MassiveRC. Man that was fast. Two working days. Friday order, Monday delivery. The box had a small dent on the bottom but as usual the attention to packing and generous padding paid dividends yet again. As I treated myself to the included candy [cinnamon this time] I went over inventory with the included itemized packing slip. All was there. I did, however, find one thing that may be improved upon. The 7mm motors were very tightly wrapped [encapsulated] in blue tape and it was difficult getting them out without trying to damage/break the small gauge delicate wires. Maybe bubble wrap or even just paper around them before the tape. Or you could just tape the motors and leave the wiring hang out. Thanks MO, Chuck.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:09 PM
Joined Dec 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRC View Post
Did a little moding on my 959. Can't see the LEDs but I have a set from MO in each arm.
In addition to the 4 included ? If that's the case I'd like to know how that affects flight time. I know LED's draw very little but curious. That thing has to be wild looking at night. Love to see some pics in the dark.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Dec 2001
1,002 Posts
Took off the canopy lights, but I still have 4 free Light plugs...

WL959 LEDs (0 min 15 sec)

Not the best shot..
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:16 PM
United States, MI, Dearborn
Joined Jan 2013
195 Posts
I just received me Hubsan X4 from MassiveRC. I ordered on friday night and got it today from florida. Thats some of the fastest shipping I have ever heard of. I will be ordering more in the future. X4 is super fun to fly too, in case you hadn't heard.
unit311 is offline Find More Posts by unit311
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,443 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the kudos. Does anyone else have problems with the painting tape? We'll take your suggestions under advisement Chuck, thanks for the feedback.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:19 AM
United States, PA, Washington
Joined Dec 2012
180 Posts
Nope no problem with your shipping at all!
John Karlo is offline Find More Posts by John Karlo
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,420 Posts
Love buying from massive rc ships so fast!
Number2 is offline Find More Posts by Number2
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:58 PM
Joined Dec 2001
1,002 Posts
As always, my shipment came home perfect! The tape worked fine on my LED strips. Keep up the SUPER SERVICE MO.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:33 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,443 Posts
Thanks guys Chuck, just send us a reminder on your next order and we'll modify the packing to your preferences.

We may possibly carry entry-level boats soon for you water lovers. Check out our FT007 sample:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852048
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:30 PM
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
1,059 Posts
Hey i need a few x 4 microchip boards .....have any?i have 2 controlers so dont need a whole kit.im going to order one of the 808 d cameras so im just waiting to see if you got any boards before i order.just respond here andill reply.
AnthonysQuad is offline Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:24 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thanks guys Chuck, just send us a reminder on your next order and we'll modify the packing to your preferences.

We may possibly carry entry-level boats soon for you water lovers. Check out our FT007 sample:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852048
Any thoughts on price or too early to know?

I feel bad, I've been wanting to order since the shop opened and life keeps getting in the way.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8