HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:02 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,625 Posts
Went back just now and tried micro quad under categories and it worked now. Did not work severals tries earlier.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:26 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Long time no speak...

My Son still has fun with the MP.... He flies it at least once a week on the weekends. its a pleasure seeing him improving from week to week. I really think it is going to help him flying planes (if that makes sense).

With the stock charger it was hard to quickly charge all these batteries, charge at the field, check the voltage, or keep the batteries in storage voltage.

So, what the desperate modeler with a nagging Son to do?

I still didn't order a 5-in-1 charge cable so instead I chopped the USB charge cable and soldered to it a JST connector. Viola... I should have done it long ago. Next time I have to place an order from Massive, I will buy 5 charge leads and make my own 5-in-1...

Anyhow, what's the highest C you think I can get away charging the MP batteries in? These are the non-nano ones. Would they take at least 2C?
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:33 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Arnav, I think the safest bet is to try one and monitor temps and watch for puffing. Hopefully more battery experts will chime in.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
ok, i guess it means you charge yours through the USB chargers...
So does that also means you keep your MP lipos either always fully charged or fully empty? Up until today I have.... Since these lipos are small and only 15C the adverse affects are probably minimal (as oppose to say 6S 70C lipo... )
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
ok, i guess it means you charge yours through the USB chargers...
So does that also means you keep your MP lipos either always fully charged or fully empty? Up until today I have.... Since these lipos are small and only 15C the adverse affects are probably minimal (as oppose to say 6S 70C lipo... )
Yep, but I have many at my disposal:

I never leave them fully charged for longer than a week. I store them at what the factory ships them at, which is usually 3.93 V, although the newest batch we've recieved of the 300mAh Mini Pet replacments are all sent out at 4.00 V
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Guys, I just updated the shipping module prices. USPS has released 3 updates this month to their Click-N-Ship software and the prices seem to have changed with each release.

Prices for First Class International bubble pak are now more reasonably-priced for Canada and EU. Maxium weight is 3 ounces for these prices which covers most props and small quad parts. Order an AC charger or 808 camera and weight may exceed 3 ounces if you order multiple items.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
That pic above looks like something out of the Matrix LOL. Next time you speak to the manufacturer maybe you can ask them? The next batch I'll order the nanos for which I am sure that info is available..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
That pic above looks like something out of the Matrix LOL. Next time you speak to the manufacturer maybe you can ask them? The next batch I'll order the nanos for which I am sure that info is available..
Hey Arnav, I doubt we'll get any further information. I've sent numerous queries out for all kinds of products and even had James translate a few. Many of the manufacturers don't even have the common decency to reply. It's frustrating but do know that we do inquire as we, like you, like to know these things.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:20 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
I just has a customer send me a nastygram about security and while he could have been nicer about it, his complaint was valid.

I've modified the Shop software so that your password is no longer sent in plain text in your welcome email.

Part of the reason why we're dealing with the horrible hosting provider and not hosting it on our own better-performing server is because of security.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:33 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
np, MO. I am not surprised... I guessed that may be the case...

"no longer sent in plain text in your welcome email"

The best practice is not to send the password at all. I hope that is what you meant you did.... It is the customer responsibility to remember what password they chose.

How does a hosting provider ensures better security?

Surely it is up to you to define firewalls, intrusion detection, ports, security scanning, penetration testing, shop software configuration and hardening, etc'...

Hard to beat amazon for hosting...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Yeah, it's not even sent at all now.

Amazon is EVIL
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
LMAO....

For a small business owner very true, very true...

What I meant though was not their storefront, but rather their IT cloud hosting Infrastructure. I am sure you were aware of this.

You get a free year, so give it a shot nothing to lose... Their slogan should be "press a button, get a box..."

I bet it is cheaper that what you are paying for the MassiveRC hosting now...

For the record: I don't work for amazon... I just think their cloud hosting infrastructure is impressive.

This is what you get with their free tier if you wanted to give it a shot
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,348 Posts
hosting

Quote:
LMAO....

For a small business owner very true, very true...

What I meant though was not their storefront, but rather their IT cloud hosting Infrastructure. I am sure you were aware of this.

You get a free year, so give it a shot nothing to lose... Their slogan should be "press a button, get a box..."

I bet it is cheaper that what you are paying for the MassiveRC hosting now...

For the record: I don't work for amazon... I just think their cloud hosting infrastructure is impressive.

This is what you get with their free tier if you wanted to give it a shot
Amazon is who hosts netflix.
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
I would think it would be awesome for a SB where you can just add the capacity you need from BF till Christmas (but not have to pay for it year round)....
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
OK guys, we just recieved about 200 H36 motor arms in for our hybrid quad. They didn't have motor plugs as we requested. Instead of sending them back, I'm going to put them up for sale as spare motors (come with the H36 arm, motor holder, and motor) as I know alot of you have been itching for spares and it seems there aren't alot of US-based dealers that have them. Price will be $5.00 like our Mini Pet motor arms.
Site Sponsor