HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Anyone know if the HJ997 Rxboard will fit in an MJX X100? I fried my X100 board (put batteries in with reversed polarity. Made a pretty smoke show though). I heard they can both use the same tx. so rather than ordering from elsewhere I would prefer supporting you and just order your HJ997 board instead. Once you're up and running of course.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Anyone know if the HJ997 Rxboard will fit in an MJX X100? I fried my X100 board (put batteries in with reversed polarity. Made a pretty smoke show though). I heard they can both use the same tx. so rather than ordering from elsewhere I would prefer supporting you and just order your HJ997 board instead. Once you're up and running of course.

Gerard.
Check your PM Gerard.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Thanks F
Here you go: Micro quad OEM lipo tests 101
I just got some Nano-Tech 300mah 45-90c lipos and will compare them with the UDI 250mah performance after I get a few flights on them.

@MO and James,
Nice USA warehouse/shop mini/micro mutlicopter model/parts idea Where will it be located?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Jesolin did a fantastic review of the various micro quad batteries. I believe the "best" (in terms of performance & price) was the UDI U816 batteries.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Cheers Jim,
MassiveRC is located in sunny Florida

Think the logo might be stirring up too much... So I'm taking it down
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Nov 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Here's my vote for the "nighttime" version of the logo.

Gerard.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,459 Posts
Good start so far Massive and James. You guys got my support. We need more enthusiast taking their passion to the next level, but continuing to give back in the way you guys have always done. Just like Dylan over at AstroidDesign.

Anyways, regarding the website. I know you guys got a lot going on. And some of my comments are probably floating in your head already...but here the are anyways...
Watch the aspect ratio issue on images. Some of your photos are getting stretched, so it makes the product look weird.

If you're going through the effort of taking your own product photos, please allow the enlarge photo link to actually pull up a large, clear photo. It helps us modder when sourcing parts for modding. In fact, more specs like weight would be a plus. Right now, the picture just brings up the same size photo. Pet pieve of mine when visiting sites to look for possible modding material is small photos with watermark covering it all. You can't make out anything in the photo.

Along that line...are you really afraid of people stealing your images more than helping the potential customer see a clear photo of the product. Won't meant to offend, sentence written that way to provoke thought on the matter. Please don't fall into the trap of doing it (adding watermark) because the chinese sites or other sites are doing it. It cheapens your online shop to put big watermark all over your product photo. Personally, I like to put a water mark...not to protect my image, but to help people locate the original site of the image for more info. In case the photo gets posted out of context on the interweb. So I usually have my water mark away from the subject of the photo itself. Just something to think about.

Consider changing the name of your cart software from PrestaShop. It helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

Your logo has dots. Not sure if it's intentional or not, but I figure I'll mention it. They are so faint, it's almost like it was accidental. Thought I'd point it out nonetheless.

The Search field is floating in your menu. This is using Chrome browser, so please look into that.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
Let me add a comment to Daryoon's review.
Registration asks for a phone number but there is no field provided.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:18 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Thank you for the comments guys, I can answer some of your comments Daryoon... With regards to the watermark, that was not our decision but that of our supplier... They said they would only provide us with pictures if we had a watermark on it. We will take our own pictures when we get the time to do so I fully understand where you're coming from and I appreciate the suggestion.

With regards to the logo, I designed and touched it up on my iPad... So I guess it's not perfect for now. I will try to make it better and get rid of the spots when I get the time to do so.

@gwrivest, my vote is for the nighttime logo as well! . In case massiveoverkill did not include this in his private message... The receiver of the mini pet does fit the frame of the MJX and you can use your original transmitter to control it.

@freezywilly, I will let MassiveOverkill know about that issue if he hasn't seen your comment already. Thanks!

Again, I would like to voice our sincere appreciation of your comments... Please keep them coming and let us know how we can serve you better. Since MassiveRC is run by just the two of us for now, please bear with us if we can't make the necessary improvements in a short period of time... your suggestions are all heard and noted
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:26 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to keep us up to date James. I'm sure the two of you must be very busy. I'm looking forward to supporting the two of you any way I can.

Gerard.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:29 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,187 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. Daryoon, some of the images I've had to take from what was out there until we received our first shipment, but now that all stock is in hand, I've started to take my own. The pictures of the opened box and box cover are now our own as well as the LED Youtube link, and I plan on retaking pictures of all the existing products and will do them in more detail so that you'll be able to see more than just thumbnails.

I've removed the phone number requirement.

The Prestashop software we're using has so many features and can really make for a professional-looking store, as well as offer alot of features we need such as inventory tracking and integrated APIs for shipping, but as with alot of open source stuff, can be buggy.

Right now I'm diligintly working on the PayPal module and shipping, as Paypal won't take credit cards and everything still shows free shipping. These are my top priorities right now as those two things can kill a business. Secondary is getting our own videos up.

Gerard, the post office is closed today, so I'll find out the cost to ship the RX board tommorrow if I don't get the USPS API working before then. We wanted to use the API's so that you could select any form and speed of shipping you wanted, but if they continue to act up, we may have to limit the selection.

FYI this is a link to the other store software: http://massiverccom.ipage.com/store/page2.html

It really lacks alot of features, most importantly inventory control (it's offered on the paid version, but those fees are a little steep). We all know how upset we get when we order something and it's backordered or OOS, so realtime inventory control is a deal breaker for us.

I purposely haven't done any meta tagging yet. I want to see how 'busy' it's going to be just with RC Groups traffic. You guys are supporting us so we want to make sure this first order of intentory is mostly available to you all. I mean it would be awesome if business took off that fast that stock sold out quickly via sales outside of RC Groups, but we want to get a barometer of the pace so that we can adjust how often and how much we have to order and ramp up to those numbers.

The hardest part of the business is the website and eCommerce. I've been working 16 hour-days trying to get all the pieces into place.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I agree with the decision to use off the shelf ecommerce software but I would change the name of the directory to something else, just shop/ would look more professional.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but that is not the most "professional" looking logo I have ever seen. Are you open to maybe having a user submitted logo contest?
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
...and everybody can do it better and nicer.. (..as always)
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
39 Posts
Pick a font, then go with it.

Put some rotors and straighten out the arms on the 'mascot' as well, so people don't think you're selling blue crabs, or too cheap to hire
a graphic artist.
Deathspiral13 is offline Find More Posts by Deathspiral13
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I'm thinking something to do with crop circles and a ufo buzzing cows. Is it it just me?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:05 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Guess you can't please everyone oh well.
RCG Plus Member